Manchester United

BOF

I think they'll be solid and unspectacular. Moyes doesn't have the inclination to attack as Fergie did, but he'll have them organised and they have a good enough team to see games out comfortably enough. I expect a lot of 1-0, 2-0 scorelines.

But they really, really do need a few central midfielders.

I think Moyes has taken a poison chalice, the fact he has never won anything

that will change 1st game of season. I expect them to beat Wigan well

That doesn't count.

I agree with everything there Folski, since they sold Ronaldo in 2009 and then Tevez too the individuals at Manchester United have not been all that, but the reason they won the league twice was mainly down to Fergie.

But I would add the 93/94 team were very impressive too. Cantona, Irwin, Kanchelskis, Ince, Schmeichel, Keane, Giggs etc. Some very good players there.

I'd have been 5 so can't really remember them ;)

I was 7 years old so I don't remember them either, but you still know who was in the team at the time. I  wasn't born in 1966 but I could still tell you most of the England team from that game. ;)

Edited by Voinjama

as great as Fergie was, his European record for United was pretty average given the time period and squads he had. 2 wins and 2 finals in 20 years

I never really felt he understood how to win there, e.g. on paper United should have beat Bilbao comfortably last year and just looked puzzled when playing them. was a few of these games in his time

Edited by Zatman

Zatman we always seem to disagree in this other football section. It's nothing personal. But with regards to the Bilbao game it was in the Europa League and I don't think the players and Manchester United fans I know were really that bothered about it. I agree Ferguson should have done better in the Champions League. Fergie will mention refereeing decisions going against his team in crucual matches, but I think only 2004 FC Porto that was the case.

Edited by Voinjama

Well United do have the best champions league record of all English clubs since they were allowed back in after Heysel.

considering they had a 10 year advantage on Chelsea though. In last 10 years Liverpool an Chelsea have arguably better records

I agree with everything there Folski, since they sold Ronaldo in 2009 and then Tevez too the individuals at Manchester United have not been all that, but the reason they won the league twice was mainly down to Fergie.

But I would add the 93/94 team were very impressive too. Cantona, Irwin, Kanchelskis, Ince, Schmeichel, Keane, Giggs etc. Some very good players there.

I'd have been 5 so can't really remember them ;)

I was 7 years old so I don't remember them either, but you still know who was in the team at the time. I  wasn't born in 1966 but I could still tell you most of the England team from that game. ;)

Ah ya but not having seen them play week in week out like the team I mentioned above makes it very hard to compare, no doubt though all very good players.

Well United do have the best champions league record of all English clubs since they were allowed back in after Heysel.

considering they had a 10 year advantage on Chelsea though. In last 10 years Liverpool an Chelsea have arguably better records

Ferguson's teams have an average record in the Champions League as they were indeed average, bar that one period I talked about with Ronaldo & Tevez, where over 3 years (06-09) they finished in the semis, won and were runners up, along with winning 3 league title's on the bounce. I maintain that was the only great team he ever built. Let's remember the Preimership was at it's absolute peak at that time in Europe, and they won 3 title's on the bounce. I mean look at the team from 99, I know Keane & Scholes were missing but Blomquvist & Butt. Yorke & Cole as amazing they were that year were not world class strikers, they were very good mind, but they were not a Van Nistelrooy/Persie. 

They should really use Kagawa more. He is really good.

This season they will. He was injured for most of last season. Started showing his worth towards the end. I think he'll have a big season this season provided Moyes doesn't go 7-3-0.

Manchester United have just had yet another bid for Fabregas rejected. This is bordering on desperation now, Manchester United normally don't have to beg for player's like this.

They're dealing with Barcelona, not Wigan.

• Like 1

Which begs the question why are they still trying? Time to look elsewhere I think. This is Manchester United, the attitude should be, if you don't want to join us fine, we can get someone else just as good because we are a huge and successful club.

Manchester United have just had yet another bid for Fabregas rejected. This is bordering on desperation now, Manchester United normally don't have to beg for player's like this.

how is it desperation though that a club just accepts 1st offer or they have different value on him.

Â