Manchester United

BOF

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Against City yes but he parked the bus against Liverpool which shows the guys mentality. Afterall Liverpool had not spent as much as United so they shoukd go there with the mentality of tryring to win

Yea maybe they should, but I am going to say Mourinho's thought process is probably better than ours. The Liverpool match may have been boring, but a point away from home against a top 4 opponent is good. Mourinho has a job to do, and it won't always been pretty attractive football. 

8 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Yea maybe they should, but I am going to say Mourinho's thought process is probably better than ours. The Liverpool match may have been boring, but a point away from home against a top 4 opponent is good. Mourinho has a job to do, and it won't always been pretty attractive football. 

Problem was they lost at Huddersfield the week after the Liverpool game so that point didn't look so good then.

I think the crux of Man. United now is do they go on to comfortably claim second or will they fall back into the pack continually dropping points as they've been doing last few weeks with mediocre performances. You've got Chelsea who were briefly above them and Spurs and Liverpool ready to pounce.

I get the feeling he could go if they just scrape top 4 by the end of the season. You're already getting rumours the Man. United board are starting to get tired of his dramas.

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Problem was they lost at Huddersfield the week after the Liverpool game so that point didn't look so good then.

I think the crux of Man. United now is do they go on to comfortably claim second or will they fall back into the pack continually dropping points as they've been doing last few weeks with mediocre performances. You've got Chelsea who were briefly above them and Spurs and Liverpool ready to pounce.

I get the feeling he could go if they just scrape top 4 by the end of the season. You're already getting rumours the Man. United board are starting to get tired of his dramas.

Bobby Charlton and Fergie knew this was going to happen and thats why went with Moyes at the time

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I always thought he was the wrong man for a club like united. from Busby to Fergy they always played with a certain style. 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Bobby Charlton and Fergie knew this was going to happen and thats why went with Moyes at the time

Yeah but you can't blame the board for panicking after the Moyes/Van Gaal debacles. They needed someone who could guarantee them champions league football every year and Mourinho will do that. I think he'll last until next season unless he walks in the summer. But I expect he'll complain all next summer he's not getting the transfer targets he wants and use that as an excuse for his failure. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PaulC said:

I always thought he was the wrong man for a club like united. from Busby to Fergy they always played with a certain style. 

I'm sorry - I'm not attacking you Paul but but this just strikes me as Sky revisionist BS. 

Busby left United in 71 and they were basically a rudderless, middle of the road team after that. They got relegated and didn't win anything until Big Ron won the FA Cup with them twice in the 80's. Fergie took over in '86 and was there for 6 years before he got them playing and, sure I agree from '92 in they became a dominant top team playing exciting football.

But between the Busby babes and the mid-late 90's there were years of wilderness. The idea that there is a Manure 'way' of playing is just medias hype rubbish.

Edited by TheAuthority

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I'm sorry - I'm not attacking you Paul but but this just strikes me as Sky revisionist BS. 

Busby left United in 71 and they were basically a rudderless, middle of the road team after that. They got relegated and didn't win anything until Big Ron won the FA Cup with them twice in the 80's. Fergie took over in '86 and was there for 6 years before he got them playing and, sure I agree from '92 in they became a dominant top team playing exciting football.

But between the Busby babes and the mid-late 90's there were years of wilderness. The idea that there is a Manure 'way' of playing is just medias hype rubbish.

Yes I agree there were periods of mediocrity. they had an exciting young side under Docherty as well

• Like 1

On 4.1.2018 at 13:11, bannedfromHandV said:

It's almost like Mourinho has become a weird parody of himself over the past few years.

Guess that's what happens when you start believing your own bullshit.

Didn’t he win two trophies in his first season? Can’t be too bad - and the same team does not win every trophy every year, even Ferguson managed to not win a trophy some years.

3 minutes ago, Papillon said:

Didn’t he win two trophies in his first season? Can’t be too bad - and the same team does not win every trophy every year, even Ferguson managed to not win a trophy some years.

It's got nothing to do with his performance levels, it's a comment on his personality and aura.

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It's got nothing to do with his performance levels, it's a comment on his personality and aura.

He has always been a bit self indulgent if you will, but to be fair I would not be suprised to see him leave this summer.

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/01/2018 at 18:27, Zatman said:

New deal for Jose, no idea why he deserved it

I’d love Arsenal to win the League Cup and Europa League and finish 5th in the league. 

Presumably the media and fans alike would all credit Wenger for a successful season?

8 hours ago, bobzy said:

In fairness (urgh) to him, they’re still second. 

15 points behind City, granted, but still second. 

Think the crux of it now is will they finish second comfortably or will their results decline so they're drawn back into the scrap for top 4. Spurs in fifth are only five points off them.

To me Man. United's problems for years now has been mentality regardless of what they spend.

Let's say they've had been 2 down against Spurs under Fergie at half time...everyone would've still expected them to come back and get a draw at least as they did that to us many times of course. Spurs also were once 3 up at half time and lost it 5-3.

Now when they go behind it's not often they come back to win.

Ferguson made his teams believe they could win from improbable situations, Mourinho makes them believe they can only win one way e.g. strangle the life out of the game and then nick a couple of goals when the opposition gets frustrated.

I'm not surprised he got a new deal. Who else are they going to appoint?

Benitez?

Mourinho has them in 2nd. Guardiola has the stronger, deeper squad, with more cohesion and playing time amongst each other (for the better players).

People like Fergie don't come around too often. Man United isn't a shoe in to find the next one either.

Mourinho suits them fine. He may even win the Premier League or Champions League with them.

Does Guardiola walk/cop the sack if City don't win the Champions League too?

• Like 2

Â