Manchester United

BOF

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

Speaking of Lambert, before we appointed him. I remember the huge support on here for OGS to be our manager back in about 2012 because of a training session video

He was my choice back then, not because of the training video though. I always thought that as a player, he was a great student of the game, would come on as sub and instantly makes runs where the defender hadn’t been all game. I thought that would transfer to being a great manager as he’d be able to show players how to play. How wrong I was 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

He was my choice back then, not because of the training video though. I always thought that as a player, he was a great student of the game, would come on as sub and instantly makes runs where the defender hadn’t been all game. I thought that would transfer to being a great manager as he’d be able to show players how to play. How wrong I was 

He's not doing that bad though. Where would they optimally be, just ahead of Chelsea imho with the squad they have, so they're underperforming but not massively so. They would be massively overperforming to get up to Leicester and there aren't really a lot of managers that do that.

The wages thing is a bit of a red herring. Take Pogba and Sanchez out and they're back in the top 6 pack. They desperately need rid of Pogba/Sanchez/Martial/Shaw/Jones/Periera, the first 4 as rotten eggs and the last 2 as being clearly not up to standard, with Shaw living in both groups.

5 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Long may it continue, I hope that actual permanent structural problems to the very core of the club set in that are irreversible 

Yep as suffering person I hoped Chelsea and City would destroy United and Liverpool forever 😔

7 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Went on Redcafe for a giggle. 2 posts in already dying laughing. Posts about planned HT walk outs vs Wolves if no good signings. Change dot org petition to remove Woodward. Bahahahaha **** babies

Don't know they're born do they.  They're 5th ffs!

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Went on Redcafe for a giggle. 2 posts in already dying laughing. Posts about planned HT walk outs vs Wolves if no good signings. Change dot org petition to remove Woodward. Bahahahaha **** babies

Such an entitled shower ive never seen before. 

I don't think they even need many signings, if any. At least not to improve their season.

It's behind the scenes where the club is broken.

Is anyone still under the illusion that OGS is a good manager? He's shit. Giving him a permanent contract was a terrible decision

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Just praying Villa Park finally witnesses the win its deserved over these dossers this season. It has to be time, surely.

The Birmingham born Man Utd fan at my work is telling me Pogba will be back by the time we play them. Is that even a positive for them? I hope we don’t fear them at all, no matter what team they put out.

Having your star player who's easily your most creative and capable of getting goals out for most of the season is going to hurt quite a lot. But theyve spent so much money and have one of the highest wage bill in the world that they should be able to still deal with that and finish top4. 

I don't get why Woodward is so against him just being involved in the commercial side which he's obviously amazing at whilst bringing someone else in to take control of transfer and football side of things. The ego.

They need a huge midfield overhaul. Pogba the only one who's really good enough. Mata/jlingz/Fred/perreria/James/matic should not be getting regular playing time.

Edited by Bugzy1991

2 minutes ago, islingtonclaret said:

That part is enough to make me scream.

It made me laugh earlier, he was telling me how he was having an argument with a Liverpool fan on twitter, and in the end, the Liverpool fan tweeted something like "Note to self: Don't interact with Mancs!"

My obvious response: "But you're not a Manc...?"

To his credit, he just laughed as well.

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

It made me laugh earlier, he was telling me how he was having an argument with a Liverpool fan on twitter, and in the end, the Liverpool fan tweeted something like "Note to self: Don't interact with Mancs!"

My obvious response: "But you're not a Manc...?"

To his credit, he just laughed as well.

I just don't understand the attraction of supporting a football team over a hundred miles away from where you call home, where you have nothing in common in terms of community with the rest of the fans.

What's the point?

I'm named "islingtonclaret" because I lived in Islington in London for ten years. I was born in the QE, and I'm from here. My club never changed, because I go to a match and I'm back home with my people. I get jokes about Mr Egg and who is going to Shebabs later. I like laughing with YamYams about orange chips and the fact they can't speak properly. It's even funnier now: I live there.

Manchester United? You crack some joke about Salford being the real city and I have no idea what you're talking about.

• Like 2

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7924633/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-insists-Manchester-United-players-use-Tranmere-conditions-excuse.html

Manchester United's players can't use Tranmere's pitch as an excuse when they go to Prenton Park in the FA Cup fourth round on Sunday, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has warned.

Tranmere beat Watford in a replay on Thursday night but only after the game had been called off once due to the state of the pitch. It cut up badly as the League One club beat their Premier League opponents, and Tranmere will be hoping to use it to their advantage again.

Solskjaer claimed that younger players have become 'lazy' because they are used to better pitches, and told his team to get on with the job in hand.
'The pitch is not great but that's the same for both of us,' he said. 'The players just have to be focused and ready. There are divots everywhere. This generation coming through with Astroturf and nice pitches get lazy in the heads.'

Victor Lindelof is available again after illness and Eric Bailly could play for the first time this season after recovering from a knee injury.

'Victor has recovered so he's well again,' added Solskjaer. 'Let's see how well he feels today and tomorrow. Apart from that no one has got any knocks.

'Eric has had a couple of behind-closed-doors games here. He is one of them who's more prepared for that pitch. Everyone's got to be focused with the bounce of the ball.'

United going into the game on the back of successive Premier League defeats by Liverpool and Burnley, knowing that a cup shock at the hands of Tranmere will crank up the pressure on their manager.

'It's a quick turnaround,' said Solskjaer. 'We played on Wednesday and haven't prepared a lot. We watched a couple of games and the one last night. The opposition is the opposition, we'll look again at it today.

'Of course we can go again. It's the second day of recovery today. You've just got to get onto the next one with the right mentality. You're disappointed and down, I'm not going to lie. It's not been nice losing two games but you spend an hour or two and get over it.'

3 minutes ago, islingtonclaret said:

I just don't understand the attraction of supporting a football team over a hundred miles away from where you call home, where you have nothing in common in terms of community with the rest of the fans.

What's the point?

I'm named "islingtonclaret" because I lived in Islington in London for ten years. I was born in the QE, and I'm from here. My club never changed, because I go to a match and I'm back home with my people. I get jokes about Mr Egg and who is going to Shebabs later. I like laughing with YamYams about orange chips and the fact they can't speak properly. It's even funnier now: I live there.

Manchester United? You crack some joke about Salford being the real city and I have no idea what you're talking about.

Glory!

We'll now seeing what the glory hunters do when the glory has gone :lol:

Sometimes him (and other local Man Utd fans that I know) have commented about going to the shopping centre in Manchester and other things like that, and I just think how pathetic it is that they probably feel that they have to make these trips to Manchester to prove their connection with the city.

Â