Manchester United

BOF

You have to credit him for breaking the record as Manchester United arent an ordinary club. I do think he gets too much unfair stick in the media as they were the ones who think he should be on level of Messi and Ronaldo.

He has been a very good player but apart from a couple of top class seasons I would say he was never in that bracket. Not really a career you would look back and say he has many regrets since he has won it all in the club game

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think his records are also about pandering to him and building teams around him, especially with England and to the detriment of the team (but you're not allowed to talk about that) no doubt someone will turn the position change in to a defence of him but it's because of his own selfish style, if he actually played as a 9 or a 10 then I think he'd be a very special player but he doesn't he plays as Roy of the rovers 

Bit harsh. They were built around RvN, then Ronaldo and more recently RvP. Rooney had just fit in wherever he's been told. Whether it's been just off RvN, as a more conventional AM, on the left, on the right. Then obviously in a more central role for England more recently. If teams have been built around him, they've done a bit of a shit job as they've put him everywhere!

• Like 1

I think he puts himself everywhere, he wants to be a jack of all trades, gets played in midfield because when he should be upfront he constantly drops in to midfield to the detriment of the team, he wants to play upfront but he wants to collect the ball off the CBS at the same time

hes a good player but his positional discipline has stopped him from being the best English player imo 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I think he puts himself everywhere, he wants to be a jack of all trades, gets played in midfield because when he should be upfront he constantly drops in to midfield to the detriment of the team, he wants to play upfront but he wants to collect the ball off the CBS at the same time

hes a good player but his positional discipline has stopped him from being the best English player imo 

I don't disagree about positional discipline. He's probably even worse off the ball than on it too IMO

• Like 1

Rooney's the best English player since Gazza imo. 

Let's also remember Gazza didn't have a huge amount of success at club level, didn't win much after leaving Spurs and didn't play for a top tier team in a major league. Rooney surpasses him massively in that department.

I agree with Zat....media and fans hyped Rooney up to be at the level of Ronaldo and Messi and when he dosen't reach that level so the criticism flows.

That said he's been past his best for Man. United since about 2013 so expect him to move on this summer now he's finally got the record.

P.S.....Has Zlatan been removed from Shawcross's pocked yet....:P I notice he didn't pass the cold day in Stoke test.

hard to compare since i cant really remember times before rooney.....But all i can do is laugh at how hes become. Some of the united games when hes come off bench or tried to play anywhere but CF is just sad. Just constant swtiching all the time for no reason when team is semi-perfect postion to attack one side. I dont really get why managers have consisted with it for so long?

I remember a game for LVG last season did **** all in CM...then changes second half he played CF,,,and he actually ran at defense and attacked and dribbled like i feel he used to do...and won the game for them. Now its just "receive ball, turn, kick wide" it seems. All i can word how he tries to play those postions is if MOTD did highlights of pirlo/gerrard/barry fkin bannan and he tried to copy

----------------------------------------

i thought zlatan woud fail pretty hard here after seeing some lazy games in CL last year (and feelings)...But hes actually doing decent  tbh. I think bookies had him scoring less than 20 goals this season and he got pretty unlcuky against teams previously. I feel was some really OTT expectations thinking he would score 25/30+...but 20+ goals is always an amazing return. and i feel he will do it.

Edited by gharperr

Testosterone suppressant for his new barnet has wrecked the latter stages of his career.

He was never Messi/Ronaldo, but he was comfortably top 10 forwards in the world for the most of his career.

Being undroppable for England, despite hideous form, hasn't helped him in my eyes. Many will not remember how good he was.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah Rooney in central midfield is a real cop out from managers....as soon as teams actually press him rather than giving him space he has no answer.

I'd be surprised if he's at Man. United next season.

i think if the powers that be had their way you'd be right.  But his contract is simply too large for anyone to buy out.  They're stuck with him and he ain't goin' anywhere IMHO.

14 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Just watched MotD2 and the outro was a breakdown of Rooney's goals. Inside box, outside, headed, etc. Oh and "14 v Aston Villa". I for one am shocked. :rolleyes:

he probably would have got the record earlier if we were still in the top flight ;)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Testosterone suppressant for his new barnet has wrecked the latter stages of his career.

He was never Messi/Ronaldo, but he was comfortably top 10 forwards in the world for the most of his career.

Being undroppable for England, despite hideous form, hasn't helped him in my eyes. Many will not remember how good he was.

I was shocked when I learned he was on propecia, absolute insanity for a professional athlete.

He could have been a better player if he looked after himself better, he was on the same level as Ronaldo in their early years although completely different players.

Edited by Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Shocking I know, but it looks like the Manchester Broadcasting Corporation have found time in their busy schedules for United's potential giant-killing at home to Championship basement-dwellers Wigan this weekend :rolleyes:

Edited by HanoiVillan

On 1/24/2017 at 23:26, BOF said:

i think if the powers that be had their way you'd be right.  But his contract is simply too large for anyone to buy out.  They're stuck with him and he ain't goin' anywhere IMHO.

this....any talk about him moving on...to everton or whatever wont happen. his contract atm is over 300k p/w....just not happening unless he moves to china or whatever

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Absolute clown acts like absolute clown.

I genuinely don't understand why people like Mourinho.

Nobody does do they?  I guess those that do are likely to be on my ignore list but I thought everyone thinks he's a bellend who sets his teams worth hundreds of millions of quid to play shit football.

10 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Nobody does do they?  I guess those that do are likely to be on my ignore list but I thought everyone thinks he's a bellend who sets his teams worth hundreds of millions of quid to play shit football.

They do - certainly in comparison to other high profile managers.

Â