Villa's Newest Fan

Heretic

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/aston-villa-clai...

Aston Villa enjoyed many years of glory in the 1970s and 80s, but successes have been thin on the ground for the Midlands side of late.

But that's not stopped Villa from claiming the coup every club in the country wanted: the football loyalty of the newest member of the royal family.

Within hours of the birth of Will and Kate's son, the club apparently sent a delightful mini-Villa strip to the happy couple and their brand new puking, pooing, noise-and-sleepless-night machine.

(Yes, that army of nannies and wet nurses will have its work cut out looking after the little one.)

Anyway, it's apparently not a random act but due to the fact that the club claims HRH is a supporter of the club.

"The Duke is a huge Villa fan and it is hoped that his new son will be brought up in the claret and blue tradition," the club's statement read.

"As a birthday present, Villa chiefs have sent the 8lbs 6oz baby a new kit with the appropriate letters 'HRH' and the number '1' on the back.

"Let's hope he dribbles for Villa in the coming weeks and months ahead."

Well let's face it, he's never going to be a Holte End regular, but as far as any of these posh mega-celebs CAN be footie fans, then yes, he IS a Villa fan.

As soon as he can walk and talk a bit we should make him Chairman.

He will have loads of dosh, a lot of spare time on his hands, and, once he's learnt to count, probably a bit more idea about handling money than the current guy.

:)

Looks like Lambert has made the last signing we were all hoping for another young player with a bright future ahead of him, my only concern is what are we going to pay him P/W for the next 90/100 years of his contract.  :P

Does he actually 'support' us though and why?

The only reason I've ever seen given for Wills supporting us is when he said "It's kind of in the middle of the country, isn't it".

Good enough for me, your Royal Highness!  :wacko:

The only reason I've ever seen given for Wills supporting us is when he said "It's kind of in the middle of the country, isn't it".

One can always Google, but I think you'll find that William's mentor (kind of a life coach) was a Villa fan so, as he had no other footballing influence (and as he said he didn't want to pick an 'obvious' club), he's always followed Villa as well. I think it's a lot more than Cameron's so-called following.

One can always Google, but I think you'll find that William's mentor (kind of a life coach) was a Villa fan so, as he had no other footballing influence (and as he said he didn't want to pick an 'obvious' club), he's always followed Villa as well. I think it's a lot more than Cameron's so-called following.

To be fair, does one even need a good reason? As long as you're supporting the club that's all that counts.

• Like 2

Â