Villa's Newest Fan

Heretic

Can only be good for the club unless he turns out to be like Joffrey from GoT. Aside from that is will be a small amount of global PR for a good few years if he grows up a Villa Fan.

Couple of photos of William and Son at his first home game in a few years will do nicely.

• Like 2

I think it's a lot more than Cameron's so-called following.

Cameron supports us because his uncle used to be chairman of the club from 1975-82

Cameron's been pictured at a couple of our matches (in London). He's so working class.

I think it's a lot more than Cameron's so-called following.

Cameron supports us because his uncle used to be chairman of the club from 1975-82

Cameron's been pictured at a couple of our matches (in London). He's so working class.

I'm aware of the above, but he's never been that convincing about his 'support' when quizzed - always seemed to be half embarrassed (preying they don't ask him to explain the offside rule?) and half in denial (well they're not that good are they...).

Reading aka The Royals are trying to muscle in on the Prince of Cambridge.

His mom was also born in Reading so they have a decent claim.

If Wills is a proper husband, his wife would support his club by now.

Does he actually 'support' us though and why?

The only reason I've ever seen given for Wills supporting us is when he said "It's kind of in the middle of the country, isn't it".

Good enough for me, your Royal Highness!  :wacko:

One can always Google, but I think you'll find that William's mentor (kind of a life coach) was a Villa fan so, as he had no other footballing influence (and as he said he didn't want to pick an 'obvious' club), he's always followed Villa as well. I think it's a lot more than Cameron's so-called following.

I think you need to back this up with a bit of evidence, particularly since you seem unaware of D Cameron's connection with the club (i.e. his uncle used to own us).

Cameron is a villa fan when asked he says he is a villa fan because of his uncle who used to bring him to villa park. 

I would imagine he does not make a big deal of it because people jump on the "oh he is trying to be a man of the people" you might not like his politics but that does not exclude him from supporting us.

• Like 1

Weren't there some weird rumours about her wearing a claret and blue garter or something on their wedding night?

I like this idea. Can't get it out of my head, in fact. :P

Cameron is a villa fan when asked he says he is a villa fan because of his uncle who used to bring him to villa park. 

I would imagine he does not make a big deal of it because people jump on the "oh he is trying to be a man of the people" you might not like his politics but that does not exclude him from supporting us.

I get the impression he hadn't seen us for decades before suddenly popping up at televised games.

Weren't there some weird rumours about her wearing a claret and blue garter or something on their wedding night?

I like this idea. Can't get it out of my head, in fact. :P

Indeed, a very exciting thought ;)

The only reason I've ever seen given for Wills supporting us is when he said "It's kind of in the middle of the country, isn't it".

Good enough for me, your Royal Highness!  :wacko:

One can always Google, but I think you'll find that William's mentor (kind of a life coach) was a Villa fan so, as he had no other footballing influence (and as he said he didn't want to pick an 'obvious' club), he's always followed Villa as well. I think it's a lot more than Cameron's so-called following.

I think you need to back this up with a bit of evidence, particularly since you seem unaware of D Cameron's connection with the club (i.e. his uncle used to own us).

I am and was aware of Cameron's historic connection to the club. My evidence is two TV interviews he did when leader of the opposition. He may have become a less bashful follower as PM.

i cant find anything but my gran told me that a royal spokesperson on some daytime tv show got asked what the 1st gift they received was and he replied the villa shirt with hrh 1 on the back

not sure if true buts its bloody impressive if the club actually got one through as a gift, can imagine they've had stuff from everywhere

Â