Villa Park Experience

roscoe

i'm making my first visit this year for the Manchester City match and hoping to get tickets in the Holte - are there any suggestions about getting to the park early vs enjoying the pre-match atmosphere at a particular pub?

Why Man City?

When you walk up the steps and out into the stadium for the first time it's something really special. It genuinely took my breath away.

At risk of sounding too soppy, it takes my breath away every time!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

tickets bought - K5, Row 6, I told my wife that she'll have to sing....will I be able to take some pre-match photos from different areas of the stadium or will my access be limited? 

I'd get in touch with the club mate. I'm sure they'd sort you out.

Funnily enough I'm a Seahawks fan wanting to visit Seattle sometime soon for my first game with the 12th man!

thanks for the tip, I'll trade some Seattle tips if you come over - tickets are hard to come by this season, but the games are wild.

As you probably know, it was so loud during a playoff game that it registered an earthquake during a Lynch TD run. 

You sure it wasn't for Benteke's Hat Trick against Sunderland? ;)

Defo the Adeventurers although if I would also say perhaps check out the full experience of dining in the ground before the game.  Not cheap but i always say when you're going somewhere and unlikely to come back for a while, don't shirk on the price and do what you want to do (as you never know if you'll get another chance).

As for seats.  I always say it depends on the view you like.  Personally I don't like sitting behind the goals as I enjoy a more panoramic view of the game (a la television).  I have always therefore sat in the Trinity and If i can't be central I usually try to sit about one third or so towards the Holte but as others have said, you don't really get a bad seat at the Villa and that's certainly true of the Trinity.

Have a great day out.  UTV

• 1 month later...

I was at VP last season for the WBA game and it was fantastic.We sat at the upper Holte end and the atmosfere and view was excellent.The only thing I would suggest to you is to make proper arrangements for going back home after the game. I came down from Croydon on the coach and with your return ticket you can catch an earlier coach and that is ok but if you get a later coach you have to pay again.After the game we had to catch the 2nd or 3rd train from VP back to New Street station ( because they dont put on extra trains for the match ?! We cought an earlier coach back to London because I had booked our return for 12pm.So make sure you book a late return..

i'm making my first visit this year for the Manchester City match and hoping to get tickets in the Holte  - are there any suggestions about getting to the park early vs enjoying the pre-match atmosphere at a particular pub?

That turned out well, you'll have to come again!

Â