Villa Park Experience

roscoe

Sorry guys, I'm certain this gets posted a lot, but I am visiting the UK from Australia (hopefully I'm not a bad luck charm considering our other sporting atrocities of recent times!) and would love to take my mad Villa supporting 5 year old son to a match. He loves all the players, the songs and the club really as do I, so I was wondering where the best spot would be for us to get the full Villa experience on match day. Considering this is a once or twice in a lifetime chance for us, do we buy tickets for the holte end (if available) or are there other spots I am not aware of that are worth looking at? Can you book tickets online and pick up on match day etc? Can't wait to get back there after my first visit in 2005. Up the Villa!

• Like 1

Sorry guys, I'm certain this gets posted a lot, but I am visiting the UK from Australia (hopefully I'm not a bad luck charm considering our other sporting atrocities of recent times!) and would love to take my mad Villa supporting 5 year old son to a match. He loves all the players, the songs and the club really as do I, so I was wondering where the best spot would be for us to get the full Villa experience on match day. Considering this is a once or twice in a lifetime chance for us, do we buy tickets for the holte end (if available) or are there other spots I am not aware of that are worth looking at? Can you book tickets online and pick up on match day etc? Can't wait to get back there after my first visit in 2005. Up the Villa!

Order them online from the club I would suggest picking them up the day before if possible, that way you can see the ground empty and figure out where you will be going.

If you are bringing your lad may I suggest Trinity instead? C3/C2? Its a lot more kid friendly than the holte end where people tend to stand a lot also you can walk down next to the dug out to see Lambo & crew up close. On that side you can hear the holt end very well too so you get the atmosphere.

truth is though there are few bad seats at Villa park you cant really go wrong.

**** that, take him the Holte. At 5 years old he's basically a man now! Yes he'll hear some naughty words, it's a football match.

Once or twice in a lifetime remember, stand on The Famous Holte End. You'll regret it if you don't.

• Like 2

Haha love it Doug! Will definitely consider it. He already runs water for my rugby team of a Saturday and seems to picking up a few swear words such as "you fugly echidna" translated from "you're f#%^* kidding" lol!

• Like 1

**** that, take him the Holte. At 5 years old he's basically a man now! Yes he'll hear some naughty words, it's a football match.

Once or twice in a lifetime remember, stand on The Famous Holte End. You'll regret it if you don't.

Not so much the language that I'd worry about with him its that people tend to stand up and he might see very little - trinity lower seats as close to the front as you can is my advice .

Not so much the language that I'd worry about with him its that people tend to stand up and he might see very little - trinity lower seats as close to the front as you can is my advice .

Or as you can pick your seat online, pick a seat in one of the first few rows of the holte upper, on the end of the asile is possible and then people standing won't be much of a problem!  Holte end would be a must for me personally if it was a once/twice in a life time sort of thing

Umm, depends on how much vitriol, bad language, racism and general idiocy you're prepared to subject your 5 year old son to.

Personally at that age and unless you want to spend the whole game wondering whether or not you should say something to the 20 stone brute behind you shouting obscenities at every opportunity I would suggest the Trinity road though you will unfortunately miss out on being in the thick of the atmosphere.

Avoid the North Stand lower at all costs ;)

Don't knock the North lower.

Don't knock the North lower.

I love the North Lower, had my ST there for four years until start of last season when I could no longer afford it and the travel :(

It just ain't the most suitable of environments for a 5 year old kid

as an American visiting, the thoughts about there not being bad seats are true...it really is a beautiful ground.  We got tickets through a supporters club here in Cleveland and they were waiting for us in Will-Call.  what a great day

Lower North is brilliant, but for somebody on a rare visit from abroad I'd definitely steer them in the direction of the Holte.  Even with a five year old, there is plenty of kids there and the Lower Holte is much tamer than the Upper Holte whilst retaining most of the atmosphere.

i'm making my first visit this year for the Manchester City match and hoping to get tickets in the Holte  - are there any suggestions about getting to the park early vs enjoying the pre-match atmosphere at a particular pub?

The Adventurers is probably the best pub for an atmosphere and is very close to VP.  You can't miss it, it's painted Claret and Blue!  I also enjoy the Aston Social, but it's a more laid back affair in there.

Edited by Wainy316

Â