The Injury Thread.

HalfTimePost

Thought it might be worth having an ongoing injury thread. Mostly because I thought this deserved a thread and this is the only way I could think of doing it without sounding overly negative and declaring a preseason injury crisis lol

Currently injured*:

Weimann

Bowery

Gabby

Tonev

Okore

Helenius

Bennett

Albrighton

Anybody know any time-frames for their injuries?

*as seen on Twitter

Edited by HalfTimePost

Albrighton is injured? I thought he just had a cold

Spoke to him yesterday, its just a slight hamstring problem, shouldn't be too long. 

Well that isn't too bad then. I really hope Albrighton does well this season. I am probably one of his few fans on this site. I still think he can be a good winger. 

• Like 3

Albrighton is injured? I thought he just had a cold

Spoke to him yesterday, its just a slight hamstring problem, shouldn't be too long. 

Well that isn't too bad then. I really hope Albrighton does well this season. I am probably one of his few fans on this site. I still think he can be a good winger. 

He says he's really excited for this season because he isn't going into it with a serious injury. 

My god though he is small! 

I know you guys are all desperate for an update on Joe Bennett, so apparently he was sent swimming instead of playing in the last friendly because he has a knock. The swimming implies it's something pretty minor though. He'll be back soon and no doubt the clean sheet we've all been waiting for will materialise immediately on his return.

ITK about Joe Bennett. My life has reached its zenith.

• Like 1

According to PhysioRoom - http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php - which is usually well-informed, we have 6 injured, second highest in the premier league (only Man U are worse).

2.gif ASTON VILLA 6 J Bowery Knock no return date       A Weimann Hip/Thigh Injury no return date       J Okore Hamstring Injury no return date       A Tonev Hip/Thigh Injury no return date       G Agbonlahor Knee Injury no return date       C N'Zogbia Calf/Shin Injury no return date

So they're not recording Albrighton, Helenius or Bennett as injures and have thrown in N'Zogbia who you omitted.

The "no return date" info is standard for every player on the site at present as I guess clubs are not giving estimates in pre-season.

Edited by briny_ear

Andi Weimann faces up to a fortnight on the sidelines with a painful hip problem after Aston Villa’s pre-season injury toll rose to EIGHT players.

The Austrian striker limped away wincing after being hurt by a crunching foul midway through the first-half of Saturday’s 2-2 friendly draw against Wycombe at Adams Park.

He reported to Bodymoor Heath to have the injury assessed on Sunday, along with Jordan Bowery who suffered back trouble at the weekend.

Paul Lambert is also having to contend with injuries to Nicklas Helenius (back) and Gabby Agbonlahor (knee) which have decimated his strikeforce.

Helenius and Agbonlahor were left out of the squad at Wycombe, along with Joe Bennett (knee), Jores Okore (hamstring), Aleksandar Tonev (thigh) and Marc Albrighton (unspecified).

Lambert suggested Weimann could be out for up to two weeks, saying: “He’s got a sore one, so I need to see how that goes. It’s a sore back and a sore hip.

“Hopefully he’ll be okay in – I don’t know how long – in the next few weeks or so.”

Bowery’s injury, at a time when Villa had used up all of their substitutes meant the claret and blues finished the game against Lambert’s former club with 10 men. Lambert admits that the

various strains are placing pressure on his new-look squad and hampering their pre-season preparations with the Premier League campaign less than a month away.

“We’ve got too many at the minute,” said Lambert. “There’s a few knocks we could do without and that’s a disappointing thing.

“Joe Bennett hurt his calf in training on Friday and Nicklas Helenius hurt his back in Germany. Gabby Agbonlahor is injured, Jores Okore, Alex Tonev and Marc Albrighton are back at the training ground.

“They’re little minor strains but they’re annoying things that are not helping.

“It’s still early. They’re not major, but we just can’t take a chance on them at the moment.

"There’s a few back at the training round that we’ll hopefully get back in the next couple of weeks or so and we’ll see how they fare. Once we get them all back fit we’ll be pretty strong.”

Andi Weimann faces up to a fortnight on the sidelines with a painful hip problem after Aston Villa’s pre-season injury toll rose to EIGHT players.

The Austrian striker limped away wincing after being hurt by a crunching foul midway through the first-half of Saturday’s 2-2 friendly draw against Wycombe at Adams Park.

He reported to Bodymoor Heath to have the injury assessed on Sunday, along with Jordan Bowery who suffered back trouble at the weekend.

Paul Lambert is also having to contend with injuries to Nicklas Helenius (back) and Gabby Agbonlahor (knee) which have decimated his strikeforce.

Helenius and Agbonlahor were left out of the squad at Wycombe, along with Joe Bennett (knee), Jores Okore (hamstring), Aleksandar Tonev (thigh) and Marc Albrighton (unspecified).

Lambert suggested Weimann could be out for up to two weeks, saying: “He’s got a sore one, so I need to see how that goes. It’s a sore back and a sore hip.

“Hopefully he’ll be okay in – I don’t know how long – in the next few weeks or so.”

Bowery’s injury, at a time when Villa had used up all of their substitutes meant the claret and blues finished the game against Lambert’s former club with 10 men. Lambert admits that the

various strains are placing pressure on his new-look squad and hampering their pre-season preparations with the Premier League campaign less than a month away.

“We’ve got too many at the minute,” said Lambert. “There’s a few knocks we could do without and that’s a disappointing thing.

“Joe Bennett hurt his calf in training on Friday and Nicklas Helenius hurt his back in Germany. Gabby Agbonlahor is injured, Jores Okore, Alex Tonev and Marc Albrighton are back at the training ground.

“It’s still early. They’re not major, but we just can’t take a chance on them at the moment.

"There’s a few back at the training round that we’ll hopefully get back in the next couple of weeks or so and we’ll see how they fare. Once we get them all back fit we’ll be pretty strong.”

Where was this from?

According to PhysioRoom - http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php - which is usually well-informed, we have 6 injured, second highest in the premier league (only Man U are worse).

2.gif ASTON VILLA 6 J Bowery Knock no return date       A Weimann Hip/Thigh Injury no return date       J Okore Hamstring Injury no return date       A Tonev Hip/Thigh Injury no return date       G Agbonlahor Knee Injury no return date       C N'Zogbia Calf/Shin Injury no return date

So they're not recording Albrighton, Helenius or Bennett as injures and have thrown in N'Zogbia who you omitted.

The "no return date" info is standard for every player on the site at present as I guess clubs are not giving estimates in pre-season.

At least, according to this, Arsenal also have 6!

Where was this from?

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/villa-striker-andi-weimann-out-5167293

Â