Starting 11 17th August

hanxamillion

Not sure why this post has been moved to the arsenal fixture. The intention was for a debate / post about our best Starting eleven for the forthcoming

SEASON commencing on 17th August.  

There's certainly not much interaction on it ???

We don't yet have a psychic mods. The thread was fairly unambiguously titled and so was moved. A link to it is still present in the main forum. It was moved on the 21st August, how much interaction did you expect if you haven't checked in all that time?

My comment was not a reflection of how often I had looked at the thread, more a subsequent reaction to the lack of interaction, and therefore raising the point that as the post had been moved - in spite of having a clear title ' starting 11 for 17th august' that this could be the reason ?

To clarify my thought, I feel that because it has been moved the interaction is probably lower than it perhaps would have been.

I take it the suggested post move for the 21st august is not actually a psychic prediction but a mistake on your part ?

Obviously I meant July.

If you wanted a discussion about our best eleven for the season, you shouldn't have named it like you did. There was nothing in the title or the first post suggesting this was a "best eleven" thread, the only reference was to the date of the first game.

My point was that if you'd noticed sooner, it could have been renamed and moved back to the VillaTalk forum. If you start a thread and then don't come back for 12 days then it might not work out how you expected.

Obviously I meant July.

If you wanted a discussion about our best eleven for the season, you shouldn't have named it like you did. There was nothing in the title or the first post suggesting this was a "best eleven" thread, the only reference was to the date of the first game.

My point was that if you'd noticed sooner, it could have been renamed and moved back to the VillaTalk forum. If you start a thread and then don't come back for 12 days then it might not work out how you expected.

I obviously intended the post to be about prevailing opinions at THAT TIME of  the 'starting 11' for the season start date, that is why I thought the title I chose was the most appropriate and named it accordingly. 

Nothing to do with the best 11 which would surely be another debate depending on form / rotation and tactics, along with the assumption mentioned in the opening line of the first post that all current players are available. i.e not been sold, banned or injured.

Once the pre-season friendlies had taken place and the new signings are given chance to make an impression, the team to start specifically against Arsenal could be entirely different and not at all relevant to that particular thread until a few days before kick off ?

Never mind eh