villarule123

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Stephen Ireland has started this game quite well :o

Should have at least tested the keeper with that chance he had. Sort of fell over out of shock that he was actually involved in a football match I imagine.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Yep. He couldn't deal with players who were accomplished - He pushed James Collins out of Villa who has been a Premier League player ever since. He needed young 'triers' who he could control i.e. Westwood, Weimann - that's my impression.

when you look back it was crazy. Bent, Hutton, Given, Collins, Dunne had faults but were experienced pros taken away from the first team squad full of kids and cheap foreign signings

Just now, Zatman said:

when you look back it was crazy. Bent, Hutton, Given, Collins, Dunne had faults but were experienced pros taken away from the first team squad full of kids and cheap foreign signings

He couldn't manage them plain and simple and they just didn't like him - he's a dour Scottish guy that has to be the 'big man' in the room.

Benteke covered his backside for 2 seasons and he stayed on the gravy train filling his coffers as long as he could.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

I'd put money on Shakiri and Ireland not figuring much for Stoke from now on.

Pretty sure Paddy Power will hand out your winnings as soon as you make that bet, at least on Ireland.

Then again the return will be minimal.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Whilst Hughes was there, they were trying to fill up the ground using great offers. For the Huddersfield game, it was something like an adult and child combo ticket for £21 in certain parts of the ground. Once they sacked Hughes, and got lambert in, demand has come back a bit, and the people who had already bought the adult/child combo, have had their money refunded, and told the offer is now off. All people demand is back, and they don't need the kids to fill the ground for them. Shocking really. It won't be long before they are doing the offers again, once they start struggling bad under lambert. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Can anyone tell me why they didn't sign a striker in January? Even West Brom signed Sturridge.

Unless Shaqiri is popping one in from 25 yards they don't have anyone to score.

Going down.

Relying probably on 17 year old Tyrese Campbell son of Kevin to come good. They have plenty of forward options but very mediocre options.

Have you seen stokes next few games? jesus they are in massive trouble

sacking hughes and replacing lambert is like going to a restaurant ordering plain spaghetti and changing it to plain pasta. looks different but same shit.

i think they may scrape it just as so many shit teams in. although be interesting to see who southampton appoint. i would not be suprised if it is hughes! 

• 2 weeks later...

Truly inspiring rallying cry by Shaqiri in Swiss paper Sport :D

"The feeling that even a Ronaldinho could do little in this team is sobering.

I had to realise that it’s a bit different when you have players like (Franck) Ribery and Thiago (Alcantara) at Bayern or (Mauro) Icardi and (Mateo) Kovacic at Inter.

Here at Stoke I can not exert too much influence, simply because there is a lack of quality around me.

I can not just Löffel verwerfen (down tools) but it would take something extreme for Stoke in the transfer market this summer to revive my enthusiasm."

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/stoke_city/270591/even-ronaldinho-couldnt-save-this-team-xherdan-shaqiri-rallies-stoke-teammates-ahead-of-gruelling-relegation-battle.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â