VillaGoMarching

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah forgot to mention Tanganga and Skipp's done really well at Norwich and they want him back on another loan but Spurs refusing so far so looks like he'll be in first team squad and get chances next season in midfield.

Find Ndombele a bit of an enigma. Technically very decent but simply dosen't make enough right decisions in final third, Lo Celso was brilliant at Betis but not sure he quite fits English football as he likes playing in games with slow tempo.

One I forgot to say was Lucas Moura. He was brilliant v us at VP and thought he was their best player in the cup final and yet he was unused sub v us and rarely played in the run in so no idea what's going on. Another coming up to 30 and probably someone Spurs will look to move on.

It's because for every good game Moura has, he has 5 bad ones. Very inconsistent player. Lo Celso genuinely looks like the best player on the pitch whenever he starts for Spurs. He was really good for them last season, but injury derailed this campaign.

N'Dombele is best used as a box to box player and shouldn't really be relied on creativity like Mourinho did. He's almost a carbon copy of Dembele (even down to his name) it's crazy. Probably why Poch bought him. He has insane dribble stats, almost up there with Jack while playing a deeper midfield role.

The hardest thing for them to do is to replace Eriksen. They still haven't done it. Even when Poch was there, if Eriksen was out, they looked half the team. The team was built around the creativity of a #10 player. Playing a 6 and two 8's just doesn't work with their squad. We'll be fighting it with them and Arsenal for that type of player I imagine. They could do worse than go for Emi Buendia.

19 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Levy going back  to Poch is about as believable as all the 90s summer transfer rumours  (Gascoigne, Juninho, Benni Mcartny etc) Doug used to do to promote so that  everybody  renewed their season tickets. 

Levy is actually not so far from a modern day Doug

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

He is like a son to me

Do you think it will soon be the Daniel Levy stadium?

He doesn't own them, that's the thing with Levy he's only the chairman, I bet ENIC absolutely love him 

Has car crash written all over it and Conte is a brilliant manager but has a brilliant agent as keeps getting huge pay offs. I cant wait for his reaction when Levy is low balling other teams for players. Inter gave Conte his own way for 2 years and he complained every week in the media

• Thanks 1

Will probably go the same way as Chelsea, he'll have an excellent first season and overachieve e.g. 4th and winning europa conference or league cup. Then Levy will say you did that with the squad so do it again and they won't strengthen enough and he'll walk out in a huff at end of 22/23.

That's the problem for Spurs as Conte isn't sort of manager who'll build for long run which they really need even if next season is underwhelming. In two years time Kane and Son will both be 30 (if they're still there) plus others in different positions so that's the issue. At least with Poch style manager you know they'd focus on creating a really good team for 2-3 years down the line as he did it once already ,Conte wouldn't but I can understand why they'd go all in for him as so much of football at the very top level is just short term thinking, look at all the club just re-appointing former managers all the time (although Spurs could still of course do that!).

I think conte is actually perfect levy

"big name manager, we're a big club competing, look at us competing!!!"

Any danger of backing him with players...

"....."

Its not far off Jose, the big name manager on expensive wages is worth **** all if you don't back him with transfers 

• Like 1

Levy has built his stadium, he just wants to win something before he retires or moves on. You don't hire Mourinho and Conte for long term objectives. 

Conte is what Mourinho used to be, a bloody good manager, will probably win something, but will leave a trail of destruction behind him in 2/3 years. 

8 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Levy has built his stadium, he just wants to win something before he retires or moves on. You don't hire Mourinho and Conte for long term objectives. 

Conte is what Mourinho used to be, a bloody good manager, will probably win something, but will leave a trail of destruction behind him in 2/3 years. 

I think it’s more that they need to be back in the top 4 sooner rather than later in order to service the stadium debt. 

4 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I think it’s more that they need to be back in the top 4 sooner rather than later in order to service the stadium debt. 

It's going to be really difficult for them to do that - City, Liverpool, United and Chelsea seem a little ways ahead of both Spurs and Arsenal and it's hard to see them break-in into that group - and then each year they don't get into that group they get a little weaker and the gap grows. It's a massive couple of seasons for Spurs and Arsenal if they don't crack those four in the next two seasons, they'll get away from them.

I think Spurs focus next season has to be on making sure they finish in the top six and maybe try to win a domestic cup or the Europa League.

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's going to be really difficult for them to do that - City, Liverpool, United and Chelsea seem a little ways ahead of both Spurs and Arsenal and it's hard to see them break-in into that group - and then each year they don't get into that group they get a little weaker and the gap grows. It's a massive couple of seasons for Spurs and Arsenal if they don't crack those four in the next two seasons, they'll get away from them.

I think Spurs focus next season has to be on making sure they finish in the top six and maybe try to win a domestic cup or the Europa League.

In effect, the big 6 is becoming a big 4, and is in danger of becoming a fixed top 4.

Followed by a secondary 3 of Arsenal, Spurs and Leicester.

7 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

AVB, Mourinho, Conte.

Cech, David Luiz, Willian

North London just bottom feed from Chelsea

Di Matteo is rustling up his CV already. He has probably won more as a player and manager than Spurs have in the last 30 years.

5 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Di Matteo is rustling up his CV already. He has probably won more as a player and manager than Spurs have in the last 30 years.

Avram Grant is a better option financially 

9 hours ago, ender4 said:

In effect, the big 6 is becoming a big 4, and is in danger of becoming a fixed top 4.

Followed by a secondary 3 of Arsenal, Spurs and Leicester.

Liverpool and Chelsea are there mostly on their managerial talent. Tuchel and Klopp leave and it's a free for all once again.

Throw ManU in there as well.  Ole is a true wild card, even within the same season. 

Only nailed on team is City because of the stupid amount of talent in that squad. 

14 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Hasn’t that been their objective for the last decade?

Â