VillaGoMarching

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Gotta love the desperation of the London papers saying Nagelsmann was a Spurs target. That was never going to happen, even before he took the Bayern job. 

I think Levy is a warning for managers, sacked Arry after getting 4th, Poch after getting to a Champions League final and Mourinho a week of a cup final 

Last 2 got peanuts to spend, why would a top manager join this clown except for a payout

Rumours from Spurs was Levy sacked Mourinho now because he was afraid he would win the cup and couldnt sack him then

Its hardly Real sacking Capello for winning La Liga. Its Spurs 😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Jamie Redknapp the football guru said Spurs fans wouldnt take Sarri or Rafa because they dont play the attacking Spurs way

Napoli under Sarri were wonderful to watch, played far better football than Spurs since about 2018.

Didn't quite work out for him at Chelsea as I thought they were pretty lucky to finish top 4 in the end and Levy record isn't great at all taking ex Chelsea managers.

Ten Haag from Ajax is probably most realistic european manager they could attract but would think he'd end up in Bundesliga, perhaps Leipzig will look at him.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Wouldn’t last 10 days, Bielsa too much a control freak

Was thinking the same, there's a reason he's never had a top job and not lasted long at the bigger clubs - the top top players are not in awe of him, they don't put up with him 

Ayling, phillips et al when he comes in and sells them the dream of going places buy in to it and therefore run themselves in to the ground for him, world class players? It's a different skill set and he hasn't shown that he's got it 

30 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Was thinking the same, there's a reason he's never had a top job and not lasted long at the bigger clubs - the top top players are not in awe of him, they don't put up with him 

Ayling, phillips et al when he comes in and sells them the dream of going places buy in to it and therefore run themselves in to the ground for him, world class players? It's a different skill set and he hasn't shown that he's got it 

Easily even at Argentina he wanted to retire Batistuta

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Easily even at Argentina he wanted to retire Batistuta

Batistuta was past it after finally winning Serie A at Roma. One of the great strikers in the 90s but was old and lost motivation. Still can't believe Bielsa started him over Crespo at 2002 world cup. As much as I'm a fan he made some weird calls in that tournament with who he played in defence and relying too much on Veron who wasn't in any condition to play, his 1st half performance v England was comical.

Nuno i think might be tempted if offered but dont think levy would  pay the compensation 

Wouldnt suprise me if they went for rulf rangnick. But i think it will be the ajax manager as his contract expires in summer

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Marsch swapping one Red Bull for the other, it seems. He’s a no-go for Levy. Haha. 

I think Rodgers will be 1st choice but I think its a step backwards for him. If he says No then they are in trouble 

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think Rodgers will be 1st choice but I think its a step backwards for him. If he says No then they are in trouble 

I agree, sideways step at best. Unless Spurs are gonna give him a big payrise or golden handshake he would be mad to go.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

yeah Rodgers already ruled himself out like @OutByEaster?said

Turning down both Arsenal and Tottenham in the past 18 months, 😂

Â