VillaGoMarching

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

Not saying they would win but sacking Mourinho gave them no chance today 

I agree. Obviously things were going badly with Mourinho, but it was just a kamikaze decision to let him go in the week before a cup final and have a complete rookie in the dugout.

What on earth were they thinking.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If they can hold on to the bigger players in their squad (which won't be easy and might not be financially possible) then having no European football next season might not be a disaster for them - they could end up being competitive in the league and domestic cups with a lightened fixture list.

If kane leaves they are finished. He is irreplaceable to them 

I'd actually be intrigued how someone like Potter would do there. Given the style he's got Brighton quickly playing compared to the more defensive nature under Hughton he's shown he can quickly change a squad's mindset into how to play and they've outplayed many teams top and bottom of the league without having that ruthless edge. As it stands Spurs obviously have strikers who don't even need 3 clear chances to score a goal so I actually think that wouldn't be the worst fit out there and he's one of the more realistic names mentioned.

Easy to forget now but Poch had only been a prem manager for 18 months when Spurs appointed him so he didn't have years of amazing finishes to fall back on but Spurs saw the potential and it worked out very well over 5 years.

They're pretty much in identical situation again and need that sort of appointment with a year given to weed out the many average players in their squad just as Poch sent likes of Adebayor, Chadli, Paulinho, Younes Kaboul packing.

• Like 1

Would anyone want to go for Dele Ali? 

Is he a 25 year old who needs a fresh start to his career, or someone who had a couple of good years before regressing?

Would he be a Barkley version 2? Too high a wages as well?

I remember at the time when he was at Milton Keynes we were sniffing around but Spurs went and got him.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I'd actually be intrigued how someone like Potter would do there. Given the style he's got Brighton quickly playing compared to the more defensive nature under Hughton he's shown he can quickly change a squad's mindset into how to play and they've outplayed many teams top and bottom of the league without having that ruthless edge. As it stands Spurs obviously have strikers who don't even need 3 clear chances to score a goal so I actually think that wouldn't be the worst fit out there and he's one of the more realistic names mentioned.

Easy to forget now but Poch had only been a prem manager for 18 months when Spurs appointed him so he didn't have years of amazing finishes to fall back on but Spurs saw the potential and it worked out very well over 5 years.

They're pretty much in identical situation again and need that sort of appointment with a year given to weed out the many average players in their squad just as Poch sent likes of Adebayor, Chadli, Paulinho, Younes Kaboul packing.

Potter is one of these managerial myths that comes along every few yesrd, is he really better than Marco Silva, Jokanovic or even Alan Pardew. 

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Is he a 25 year old who needs a fresh start to his career, or someone who had a couple of good years before regressing?

I remember at the time when he was at Milton Keynes we were sniffing around but Spurs went and got him.

Nope, an absolute rotten egg and not a great footballer

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The kid who proudly smirked when his boss called him a lazy word removed.

No from me.

51 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

that would definitely be an interesting one. wouldn't be surprised to see Scott Parker getting looks there as well

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He cant even outperform Chris Hughton on a bigger budget

If they had a good striker they would be laughing, they create lots of chances and play some really nice football.

Potter was also successful before joining Brighton implementing a similar style of play (as I understand it) with a no-hope Swedish team.

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Potter is one of these managerial myths that comes along every few yesrd, is he really better than Marco Silva, Jokanovic or even Alan Pardew. 

But in your eyes you rate mick McCarthy 😂

5 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I imagine now that a certain special one has departed, we’ll see an upturn in performance from Ali and enough to keep him at Spudz next season. 

if mourinho had remained then yes, I could see Ali leaving and would’ve been worth a gamble. 

21 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I'd actually be intrigued how someone like Potter would do there

I don't get the hype around Potter.  They pass the ball nice, but they are also 4th from bottom on less points than a Steve Bruce team.

As mentioned on other threads, I genuinely believe Spurs have been overtaken in every way (except commercial) by Leicester and Everton. 

They'll end up with Roberto Martinez or someone like that.

Edited by pas5898

poch to jose to potter...

dont get me wrong their current situation and league position means they arent the big club that they like to think that they are but appointing potter is effectively admitting it, off the back of appointing jose which was peacocking at its best

it'll be another "look at how relevant we are" big name big hype manager, you're talking allegri or hopefully sarri or maybe even rafa, it will be someone who has been higher than where spurs have been not lower

Â