VillaGoMarching

There's something rotten behind the scenes. Trippier implied it when he went to Madrid, that he wasn't exactly unhappy to leave, and there's clearly a lot of other players who aren't settled. And Pochettino looks like he's waiting to escape as well, washing his hands of the mess.

They flew close to the sun and now it's falling apart.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Chindie said:

There's something rotten behind the scenes. Trippier implied it when he went to Madrid, that he wasn't exactly unhappy to leave, and there's clearly a lot of other players who aren't settled. And Pochettino looks like he's waiting to escape as well, washing his hands of the mess.

They flew close to the sun and now it's falling apart.

The resale value of some of these (Star) players has gone down 30-50% since the CL final hopefully.  Except for manure obviously,  they will try a sneaky January bid for Kane and offer something stupidly low like 125 M & 760 K a week + Lingard.

They flew close to the sun like almost winning the european cup.  I hope it goes well wrong for spurz to be honest.  I do however wish their goalie a quick recovery (I watched it and it was not good at all injury wise),  it was really nice to see the crowd give him a round of applause as they carried him away,  ironically the specific thing he probably won't be able to do for a good 12 months.  

Lack of investment has killed them

It needed freshening up, Eriksen should have been sold

Winks isn’t good enough for a top 4 team

Selling Trippier for a pittance was baffling as Aurier is shocking

They needed some central defenders 

A huge overhaul is needed there as I just think it’s gone stale

On 05/10/2019 at 14:36, OutByEaster? said:

Yeah, it's a horrible one for Lloris - could be season ending - by the way Spurs are being taken apart by Brighton, if they don't find their way quickly their season could be over in a month or so anyway - they don't look like they care or that they know what they're doing at the moment.

I've rarely been injured, but finally something I can talk about!

I dislocated my elbow in exactly the same way. Fell back and planted backwards so my arm had nowhere to go. Not sure if I got lucky, but even though when I did it, I was screaming the same as Lloris and needed oxygen/morphine, they popped it back in the same day. I was in a sling for 2 weeks and had full mobility within a month.

If it's a clean pop out, he'll be back in a month.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Not going to lie... as someone who passionately dislikes Spurs... I’m really enjoying seeing their current fall from grace!

So I am. All the spurs fans near we have all crawled back into their holes after giving every other team aggro before the CL final defeat.

Loving it

Tottenham have had a few bad results, but they're only three points from top four, so I think celebrating their downfall is a bit premature. Besides even in these so called glory years of theirs they haven't actually achieved much except for qualifying for the champions league, they haven't actually won anything, so even if things do start falling apart for them I'm not sure you can call it a fall from grace as such.

• 2 weeks later...

Announced as the next season of all or nothing 

Shame they've gone for an obvious big team with the stadium narrative rather than a more random approach like the nfl

Will live or die by its retelling of the stadium issues, I will guess that they will sugar coat it majorly making it pointless 

If they fall out of the top 6 and thus Europe consistently will that stadium be a financial noose? They were always a mid table team who managed to find two mega talents in modric and Bale, sell them for enough to construct a competitive squad Lane came good and hired a brilliant manager to keep them there. It's like a series of huge flukes rather than them being a 'massive club'. Only ten years ago we were a fair bit ahead. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Spurs tried to be smart but backfired. Will lose him, Vertonghen and Alderwerald for free in the summer

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

That's the heart of their team. Without those 3 they are nothing. Levy tried to be clever and now it's backfiring spectacularly. They don't even have a single trophy to show for it, despite playing in 3 cup finals under Poch.

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

That's certainly true now, but there's no reason to think they can't buy other good players to replace them (except that they probably won't be offering Champions League football next year). 

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It's hard enough to replace 1 of your best players, but it's going to be a tough ask trying to replace 3 of them. Eriksen in particular is going to be really hard to replace without changing their style. They are extremely reliant on his creativity and there aren't too many players in the world as creative as him. After De Bruyne he's probably the best ACM in the world and they're about to let him go for free in the summer while eating a season of halfhearted performances. Sucks to be them right now.

Had to bring this discussion over here. 

With all these players leaving and possibly even Poch, do we think that he has failed by not winning anything. It’s very much like Leeds of the 90s have an exciting attacking team with a mixture of youth graduates and good foreign imports, yet they fail to win at the big stage. I don’t see spurs failing back as far as Leeds but I certainly see them dropping out of the top six in the next 3 years, especially if after Vertongham, Eriksen and Alderweilded leave, Kane decides to follow.

Â