VillaGoMarching

Madison and tielsman are very good players but would you rather have them than moura, son and erikson?  I'd rather have Kane than vardy any day. Also lloris over schemical.

It would not surprise me if spurs went for Rodgers if spurs get rid of poch

Edited by Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Madison and tielsman are very good players but would you rather have them than moura, son and erikson?  I'd rather have Kane than vardy any day. Also lloris over schemical.

It would not surprise me if spurs went for Rodgers if spurs get rid of poch

Lloris is one of worst keepers in the league. Constantly making mistakes for 3 years, even **** up World Cup final

Just now, Zatman said:

Lloris is one of worst keepers in the league. Constantly making mistakes for 3 years, even **** up World Cup final

He isntthat bad. I think he is a decent keeper.  De gea makes loads of mistakes too dont mean he is a be keeper

17 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Spurs have way better attackers around Kane. Son, Moura, Eriksen, Lamela, Alli etc. Apart from Vardy, Leicester have...Barnes, Albrighton, Gray, Iheanacho...maybe Okazaki still? They're very lacking in that department.

They are lacking a replacement for Vardy. Don't rate Lamela at all. Alli has gone downhill but yes they do have better attacking options. Must have money in the bank having sold Macguire though!

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He isntthat bad. I think he is a decent keeper.  De gea makes loads of mistakes too dont mean he is a be keeper

Lloris consistently garbage, makes many mistakes and little saves and shit on the ball

Spurs looked better with Gazziniga in goal

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You're only as good as a your current form. Joe Hart used to be a good keeper now look at him. 

Spurs will finish comfortably above Leicester in the league. We get this every season, a team has a few good results and suddenly they're going to break into the top four or six, I remember a couple of seasons ago people saying it about West Ham, at the time the suggestion was that they were going to replace Liverpool. Same with the bottom of the table, there's usually a team that has a bad start that everyone writes off but then turn things around.

10 hours ago, useless said:

Spurs will finish comfortably above Leicester in the league. We get this every season, a team has a few good results and suddenly they're going to break into the top four or six, I remember a couple of seasons ago people saying it about West Ham, at the time the suggestion was that they were going to replace Liverpool. Same with the bottom of the table, there's usually a team that has a bad start that everyone writes off but then turn things around.

Most notably Palace when they lost their first 8 games. They basically needed close to Europe form to stay up and they did it pretty comfortably 

I think spurs could succumb to a house of cards effect. Poch leaves and all/most the big guns leave as well. If they then spend that money on shit... They'll be knocking around where Everton are

Edited by VillaJ100

The secret to Spurs success is Levy , they have swapped managers , lost their best players and they still compete, they also have the  added bonus of a new stadium.

It's been an amazing story and one we should try and emulate.

They've also had quite a bit of luck, no one could have predicted that Bale would become a world class player that would not only take them to the champions league, but then would be someone who they could sell for a record breaking transfer fee. Then they had another eventual world class player in Kane coming through their youth system. Without those two players they probably wouldn't have made anywhere near the impact they have over the last eight years or so. They won't keep finding these players, it would be hard enough with money never mind from the lower leagues (see also Ali) or from their own youth system.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

They've also had quite a bit of luck, no one could have predicted that Bale would become a world class player that would not only take them to the champions league, but then would be someone who they could sell for a record breaking transfer fee. Then they had another eventual world class player in Kane coming through their youth system. Without those two players they probably wouldn't have made anywhere near the impact they have over the last eight years or so. They won't keep finding these players, it would be hard enough with money never mind from the lower leagues (see also Ali) or from their own youth system.

Could argue they found both through luck. Bale was an average left back and Kane was thrown in after about 5 failed loans as Soldado and Adebayor couldnt cut it. 

Spurs issue is at the back imo.

Don't quite understand their thinking with full backs over the summer. They quickly sold Trippier who did have a poor season but he's much better than Aurier. When Aurier was injured they were playing kyle Walker-Peters there who dosen't look good enough or Juan Foyth who's just a CB playing there and gets burned for pace.

Were also about to sell Danny Rose to Watford on deadline day but he didn't want to go  there and so he's back as their first choice.

When Sanchez plays at CB he always seems to cost them a goal by ball watching. Lloris of course can still make amazing saves but not the keeper he was.

I think ahead of that they've got very good players. Plenty of good options upfront and they need time with the midfield. Saw lots of Lo Celso last season for Betis and he was brilliant although don't know whether he'll have enough in the end to end nature of premier league, he's more of a slow paced midfielder. Ndombele over time will be a very good midfielder in this league.

Would still expect them to finish in top 4.

11 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Something has gone horribly wrong within the squad hasn’t it! 

Something happened over the summer. Trippier hinted it when he left for Madrid. 

Lot of bad eggs like Aurier and Rose plus some of bad dealings because of the stadium. Eriksen and Alderweireld will go for nothing

• Like 2

Yeah, it's a horrible one for Lloris - could be season ending - by the way Spurs are being taken apart by Brighton, if they don't find their way quickly their season could be over in a month or so anyway - they don't look like they care or that they know what they're doing at the moment.

Â