VillaGoMarching

Well they ballsed that up didn't they?

No, that's completely untrue.  Mr Levy is renowned as the most skilled negotiator in football.  He simply has to frown, and the selling club immediately reduce their asking price.  He lets it be known that he has a vague and passing interest in a player, and all transfer activity stops until he has made up his mind.  If at any point he says "Well we'll think about it, but your position is unreasonable, and I hope you will come back with a better offer" his adversary develops an uncontrollable twitch and his negotiating position crumbles away.

The only sensible conclusion is that Mr Levy didn't really want him.

• Like 1

Nah, Chelsea may be rotten to the core and Johnny come latelies, but they've won more significant stuff in the past decade than Spurs have ever won. Spurs have never ever been as good as Chelsea have been under Abramovich or even from when Harding joined the board. So not only are Chelsea now above them in honours but they've done it more recently and they're more relevant. It stinks how they did it, but they have done it.

Completely. While Chelsea are horrible, people are wrong thinking they were doing nothing before Abramovich came along. They won the fa cup in 97, cup winners cup in 98 and a couple of league cups in that time. And pretty much finished above Spurs in most of those seasons.

It's interesting when you read their forums that there's quite a vocal section of the posters who are furious with Levy and the way he spends so long haggling on transfer targets that they keep losing them. For some reason, I sorta assumed they'd all love him.

Never got the good football thing of spurs. Every time I've watched them it's just long ball after long ball. They were a bit better last season under AVB but not by much.

Average team without Bale and they'll sink a lot if they lose him.

To be fair Spurs though they did/are doing what we tried to do and actually achieved it. They got Champions League football even though it was only once and they have been in the top 5 for 4 seasons in a row. They beat both Milan clubs in the same season and got to the quarter finals of a Champions League. They also won the league cup in 2008.

Yeah they get to play on ITV4 on a Thursday night, **** awesome.

Um I don't think you understood my point. I would of loved it if Villa could of done what they did in the 2010/2011, but we just fell short in the 08/09 season. imagine the likes of Madrid, Milan and Inter coming to Villa Park with the Champions League music. Anyway.....

But would you rather be in their position or ours. As much as I hate them, they are still way ahead of Aston Villa and will be next season too. The only area we beat them is in the forwards department.

That was 3 seasons ago, now they are Thursday night filler on ITV4.

And we are a million miles away from ever appearing on ITV4. Whats your point? At least they compete for top 4

Edited by KHV

Nah, Chelsea may be rotten to the core and Johnny come latelies, but they've won more significant stuff in the past decade than Spurs have ever won. Spurs have never ever been as good as Chelsea have been under Abramovich or even from when Harding joined the board. So not only are Chelsea now above them in honours but they've done it more recently and they're more relevant. It stinks how they did it, but they have done it.

Completely. While Chelsea are horrible, people are wrong thinking they were doing nothing before Abramovich came along. They won the fa cup in 97, cup winners cup in 98 and a couple of league cups in that time. And pretty much finished above Spurs in most of those seasons.

But that was with sugar daddy money too.  Matthew Harding bankrolled the club in the mid 90s before he died in tragic circumstances. 

But that was with sugar daddy money too.  Matthew Harding bankrolled the club in the mid 90s before he died in tragic circumstances. 

Plus money they didn't have, they were on the verge of administration when Roman arrived.

Yeah they get to play on ITV4 on a Thursday night, **** awesome.

Um I don't think you understood my point. I would of loved it if Villa could of done what they did in the 2010/2011, but we just fell short in the 08/09 season. imagine the likes of Madrid, Milan and Inter coming to Villa Park with the Champions League music. Anyway.....

HAVE

• Like 2

It really would be amusing if they were to lose AVB and Bale.

Might actually help their cause if Bale would get sold to a team outside of the premier league for some crazy figure. They could easily sign 3-4 very good players with the money. 

Spurs have some tough decisions to make and it mainly revolves around their need for a new stadium. Do they sell bale to fund a large part of the new stadium? Or do they keep him and hope he can get him champions league football to fund a large part of it. Either way they need a bigger stadium, they have a season ticket waiting list which would bring in a lot more revenue. I hear there fans say that they don't want to move and go through what arsenal have. You'd think they'd be happy to achieve what arsenal have, they just don't like admitting it. Although when arsenal moved they were challenging for the title. The point is that Levy will either become a hero or a villain over the next decade.

Â