VillaGoMarching

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Almost as good as my toothbrush with toothpaste already loaded in it idea

I have a top tip, here. Simply procure one of those washing up brushes with the space for liquid inside and fill with colgate stripey toothpaste instead of Fairy liquid (if you prefer a minty taste) and open wide.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Never ceases to amaze me how someone earning such exorbitant wages can't just take a cab home

Even when they do take a cab, some of them quite literally do take a cab and steal the thing. Never ceases to amaze me some of the idiotic things they get up to that get leaked to the press and makes you think what gets covered up.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

as mentioned by somebody on here before

I mentioned about the security firm ripping out newly fitted gear up thread.

It's only hearsay, but my wife's company reckon the lack of appointing a principle contractor has cost somewhere in the region of £80m in man hours, refits and loss of equipment. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, sne said:

Dele Alli just extended his contract til 2024.

Wonder if it contains a Barca/Real out clause?

A clause that will never be activated. Nowhere near that level, Spurs as good as he get

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

that pitch is awful

It looked a lot better than it did when I left Wembley 24 hours previous. Couldn't believe they were able to make it as good as it was given how battered it was by the end of the NFL game.

The pitch was shit long before any of the NFL games.

The Joshua Povetkin fight wrecked it and it hasn't recovered since. Obviously the NFL hasn't helped especially down the middle of the pitch but that is all the stadium was actually supposed to be being used for at this time of year. Nobodies fault but Spurs & their dodgy builders.

This is before any of the NFL games.

lMACPak.jpg

Edited by LakotaDakota

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Levi holding them back, no where near enough investment in the squad, so naturally they've gone backwards. 

Well the new stadium isn't paying for itself so they are in the same situation arsenal were in when they moved into the Emirates. Broke. The problem for spurs is that there are 6 teams able to compete for the champions league places now whereas arsenal were pretty much guaranteed CL football every year. From the outside it looks like an impossible situation for levy. He doesn't have the money to back the manager or build a squad and he has to spend all the money he has giving the existing first team players new contracts. It seems like a house built on sand to me. Ponchettino should have gone to real Madrid last summer when they offered him the job (twice). He isn't going to achieve anything more with spurs. 

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Funny to see Pochettino and Spurs fans complaining about the pitch and blaming the NFL.

The NFL game has been in the calendar a lot longer than your game, chaps!

The funny thing is they've agreed to host NFL games at their new stadium, assuming it's ever ready to host games, so this certainly isn't the last of their pitch related woes.

Edit: Actually...they have 2 pitches, so they can retract the football one and reveal the NFL one. Fair play, that's pretty **** impressive.

Edited by Davkaus

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The funny thing is they've agreed to host NFL games at their new stadium, assuming it's ever ready to host games, so this certainly isn't the last of their pitch related woes.

Personally I hope it becomes a permanent NFL ground when Poch leaves, Spurs enter free fall, and they have to flog off the stadium to the highest bidder.

I believe they've got two pitches, one grass and one whatever they use in NFL that they can swap between. Should be a decent earner for them if they ever open the stadium.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I believe they've got two pitches, one grass and one whatever they use in NFL that they can swap between. Should be a decent earner for them if they ever open the stadium.

Yeah, I just saw that after I posted. Impressive approach to be fair.

Still hope they go bust and end up never using the football pitch though. :) 

Anyway I don't really get the hate for Spurs, they've not been gifted a shitload of oil money, have a likeable manager and a watchable set of players.  Yeah Levy takes the piss with transfers but that doesn't really bother me, especially since we were able to tell him to **** off in the summer.

• Like 3

If true this will probably sting a bit.

Tottenham have had to borrow an extra £237million to get their new stadium finished.

Spiralling costs have forced the Premier League club to substantially increase their line of credit with three banks on the heavily-delayed project to a total of £637m.

It is the latest in a series of blows the north Londoners have been hit with on and off the pitch, which started with no players being bought in the summer window and led to manager Mauricio Pochettino revealing his “massive frustration” two days ago at the state of affairs.

Spurs were due to move into the 62,000-seater venue, on their traditional White Hart Lane stomping ground, ahead of their game with Liverpool on September 15.

Those plans were blown apart with a catalogue of setbacks - including faulty wiring affecting critical safety systems - forcing the club to concede last week that they would not play there until the New Year.

They have been left to stage home games on a dreadful surface at Wembley, and on one occasion in Milton Keynes, with a new moving-in target of January 13, when Spurs entertain Manchester United.

The extension of Tottenham’s “development facility” with their three banking partners was revealed in their statement last week confirming they would not be taking charge of their new stadium this side of Christmas.

In May 2017, Spurs signed a £400m, five-year loan with Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs and HSBC, to finance the construction. That loan replaced a £200million deal set up two years previously.

But Spurs admitted in a statement that the loan facility is now worth “up to £637m”, an increase of £237m or 59% on the £400m.

Among the options being explored by the club is one adopted in 2015 by Manchester United to raise cash through a private placement - selling bonds privately to a small group of institutional investors instead of offering them publicly.

Tottenham’s statement read: “The club’s investment over recent years in facilities has resulted in total gross tangible assets at 30 June, 2018, in excess of £1bn.

“These investments have been financed by funds from the club and bank finance, principally from Bank of America Merrill Lynch International, Goldman Sachs Bank USA and HSBC Bank plc who have provided a development facility of up to £637m. At 30 June, 2018, the club had net debt of £366m.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/spurs-borrow-extra-237m-fund-13508659

Â