VillaGoMarching

40 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i think its £15k a year for membership and then you have to buy 2 tickets per game, total cost is going to be around £30k a year

Unleash the mice!

Then, it will feel so London.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Just like all the rest of the new stadia. They all look the same. They all claim to be new and different, but they're not.

I know what you mean, but I sort of wonder a bit.

When new stadia started sprouting up a while back, there was Huddersfield's ground and Bolton's and Man City's which were sort of different to what went before, with all curved roofs n'that. There were the likes of Derby and Boro and Leicester and Sunderland, even, which are generic sort of stadia.

I think the Arsenal one is a step on from those (Maybe you could add the expanded Man City one into the same category, now). They're another progression, but still a bit featureless - symetrical, 3 tiered... 

The New Spurs-o-drome, to me, looks like yet another step change. They've taken what Arsenal did a decade ago and done a bit more. Sculpting it for Sound, having a big home end.

Yes it's got all that corporate cheese-sniffing room milarkey, and being London it'll be horrendously expensive to get in, but if you're going to build a big new ground, they've sort of gone about it pretty well, IMO.

The days of new grounds being 4 different sheds are long gone.

• Like 1

Shame Chelsea were not allowed to move forward with their Battersea power station stadium plans as that would have been a bit different indeed.

Then again historic landmark yada yada.

Bildresultat för chelsea new stadium battersea power stationBildresultat för chelsea new stadium battersea power stationFeel the power: Chelsea have released images of how they envisage Battersea Power Station looking should they move to the site

• Like 1

Don't understand the dislike for Spurs at all.  Well run club, invested sensibly (on the whole), developed some really bright talents, don't just throw around ridiculous money for the sake of it and yet still able to compete with the top European clubs.  I hope they have another good season.

41 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Don't understand the dislike for Spurs at all.  Well run club, invested sensibly (on the whole), developed some really bright talents, don't just throw around ridiculous money for the sake of it and yet still able to compete with the top European clubs.  I hope they have another good season.

Maybe it’s partly because they’re doing what we should be doing, or at least we should be at that level. So maybe a bit of envy perhaps.

Possibly it’s because they receive a lot of attention, adulation etc but don’t actually win anything so the praise isn’t completely warranted. 

Or maybe it’s just Levy.

I like Spurs, my dad is a spurs fan so I like to see them do well.

Just now, Shropshire Lad said:

Maybe it’s partly because they’re doing what we should be doing, or at least we should be at that level. So maybe a bit of envy perhaps.

Possibly it’s because they receive a lot of attention, adulation etc but don’t actually win anything so the praise isn’t completely warranted

Or maybe it’s just Levy.

I like Spurs, my dad is a spurs fan so I like to see them do well.

So odd, though.  Same with Liverpool - reached the CL final but didn't win so FAIL.

My Dad isn't a Spurs fan, but I like them too.  Ideally, of the realistic clubs who could, they'd win the league this season.

16 minutes ago, bobzy said:

So odd, though.  Same with Liverpool - reached the CL final but didn't win so FAIL.

My Dad isn't a Spurs fan, but I like them too.  Ideally, of the realistic clubs who could, they'd win the league this season.

There is an element of that, anything other than winning something is a failure. It’s not always correct obviously, and Liverpool losing a champions league final to Madrid is not what I would call a failure.

But in the case of spurs, when did they last reach a final? (just looked it up - 2015 league cup final loss, the one prior to that was 2009, another league cup final defeat). 

Let’s face it, when they were in that two horse title race with Leicester which was probably their best chance, they still somehow finished third.

I’d like them to win something, but it’s getting to point where I would say them winning the league isn’t that realistic.

How much this contributes to people disliking them, I don’t know. It’s probably various factors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I like them a lot more than I used to.

When Redknapp was there was peak dislike for me. I **** hated them.

Now I don't mind seeing them do well. Would rather they did well than teams like Chelsea and Liverpool

• Like 2

My dislike for them was fuelled by having Glastonspur on here a few years back with his arrogant and deluded ramblings.

Never mind Real Madrid winning 3 Champions Leagues in a row,  Spurs would have won the last 10 if their actual abilities matched what he thought they were.

I know fans will always defend their own side and always be overly optimistic about their potential, but he took it to another level.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, andym said:

My dislike for them was fuelled by having Glastonspur on here a few years back with his arrogant and deluded ramblings.

Never mind Real Madrid winning 3 Champions Leagues in a row,  Spurs would have won the last 10 if their actual abilities matched what he thought they were.

I know fans will always defend their own side and always be overly optimistic about their potential, but he took it to another level.

Anyone want to inform the majority of the VT membership of this? :P

• 2 weeks later...

So Lloris arrested for drunk driving.

Tottenham captain Hugo Lloris was arrested for drink driving in the early hours of Friday morning.

The France goalkeeper, who skippered his country to World Cup glory earlier this summer, was stopped by police in his car in central London at around 2.20am.

Hugo Lloris was arrested ahead of Tottenham’s clash with Manchester United

He failed a roadside breathalyser test and was taken to Charing Cross Police Station, where he spent around seven hours in custody before being charged and released on bail.

The 31-year-old has been ordered to appear at Westminster magistrates court on September 11.

The Metropolitan Police said: “A man has been charged following a routine patrol stop in Gloucester Place, W1.

“Hugo Lloris, 31, of East Finchley, was charged with drink driving on Friday, 24 August.

“He has been bailed to return to Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday, 11 September.”

https://talksport.com/football/414820/tottenham-and-france-captain-hugo-lloris-arrested-for-drink-driving-ahead-of-manchester-united-clash/

Â