VillaGoMarching

If Benteke had left us at the end of his first season after Spurs made a bid, then Kane probably wouldn't have had opportunities in the first team so soon. Funny how little quirks of fate and luck can play into peoples career.

It's now Kane who is been spoken about going to Madrid when a lot of Villa fans were convinced Benteke had a chance of ending up there (me included.)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

If Benteke had left us at the end of his first season after Spurs made a bid, then Kane probably wouldn't have had opportunities in the first team so soon. Funny how little quirks of fate and luck can play into peoples career.

It's now Kane who is been spoken about going to Madrid when a lot of Villa fans were convinced Benteke had a chance of ending up there (me included.)

Then Tim Sherwood plucked him out of the crowd and made him a superstar ;)

• Haha 1

Really enjoy watching Spurs, find most their players quite likeable.  Pochettino is great.

I remember saying Kane wasn’t going to make it when he got that free kick that shouldn’t have been late on against us and smashed it in purely because I was annoyed and jealous. It’s pretty remarkable the level he’s playing at now, seems he has the personality and discipline to keep it up as well.

Chances he beats Rooney’s England goal scoring record?

I miss the days where Spurs would sign 6 flatter to decieve strikers every year, a load of foreign pretty boys to play midfield that would be crying to go home in 6 months and just wheeled out the same back four as the previous season, then scream how this was their year and finish 12th.

I miss being able to laugh about Spurs regularily losing.

I miss being able to laugh at their fans screaming for managers to be sacked every month.

I miss being able to laugh at Spurs fans claiming their were a big club that should be competing for trophies.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rosenthal said:

Will take him 5 years imo, then Shearer's PL record after 8 or so.

I’d be amazed if he beats Shearer’s record.

To do that will take remarkable consistency and longevity , not to mention it will require him staying in the PL that long which may or may not happen.

• Like 1

Sorry to go back to me saying he needed to storm an international tournament to be world class...it was more because the likes of Owen, Shearer and Lineker have all done it.

Lineker at 86 and 90 world cups, Shearer top scorer at euro 96 and then Owen was best young player at 98 world cup.

These guys all regularly scored 20 goals a season at club level for various clubs so you couldn't just announce Kane is best english striker in last 30 years until he does that imo as good as he is for Spurs (and boy has he proven me wrong).

On 8/21/2017 at 17:23, PaulC said:

I also think they will miss Walker more than they think. Trippier ok had a few good games last season but now he's the no.1 choice the pressure will be on him. Walker always makes those runs beyond defenders and will excel in his role as wing back for City 

Trippier been great for Spurs last few games.

On 10/22/2017 at 18:25, PaulC said:

Where would they be without him! Man City are ok without Aguero somehow I don't think spurs would be without Kane

Every season when Kane picks up an injury and is out for a month people think Spurs will collapse and then Son comes in and scores hat-tricks.

One of the most underrated players in the league, great finish for his goal yesterday.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

These guys all regularly scored 20 goals a season at club level for various clubs so you couldn't just announce Kane is best english striker in last 30 years until he does that imo as good as he is for Spurs (and boy has he proven me wrong).

He need to keep his current performance level. But as a goal scorer he's so far the best the Premier League has seen with the highest goal ratio of them all - english and foreign. 

Michael Owen actually never scored 20 in a league season. Kane comes off 21, 25, 29. And with 8 so far might very well go past 30 if he can stay fit this season. 

Will be interesting to see what kind of tournament he'll have with England next summer. 

12 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I miss the days where Spurs would sign 6 flatter to decieve strikers every year, a load of foreign pretty boys to play midfield that would be crying to go home in 6 months and just wheeled out the same back four as the previous season, then scream how this was their year and finish 12th.

I miss being able to laugh about Spurs regularily losing.

I miss being able to laugh at their fans screaming for managers to be sacked every month.

I miss being able to laugh at Spurs fans claiming their were a big club that should be competing for trophies.

I just miss it being an actual discussion about who was the better club. We were neck and neck with them for a few seasons there and even looked like we might leave them in our wake.

On 22/10/2017 at 18:20, Xela said:

Since the start of 13-14 season

Kane - 111 games, 83 goals  - Premier League only

On 22/10/2017 at 18:25, PaulC said:

Where would they be without him! Man City are ok without Aguero somehow I don't think spurs would be without Kane

If they didn't have Kane they'd have gone out and bought a senior striker.   He wouldn't be as good as Kane but he'd be better than what they currently have as his backup.  It's not like they'd play with ten men or attempt to survive with Son partnering Llorente.

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Every season when Kane picks up an injury and is out for a month people think Spurs will collapse and then Son comes in and scores hat-tricks.

One of the most underrated players in the league, great finish for his goal yesterday.

Yes I like Son. Has there been a better player from South Korea?

Â