VillaGoMarching

Players like Rose should wake up every morning and kiss the floor and moonwalk to training and thank the lucky stars he plays in an era that grossly overvalues average players. At £65k per week he already has won the lottery. He's set for life already. All he is doing is jealously looking at rival clubs and thinking they pay more. Yeah he could £100k a week at Chelsea maybe. But then he'd be thinking that Man City will pay me £150k a week. Complete greed and with that attitude will he ever be happy?

Apparently signing a defender from Ajax.  Ajax signed him for £3.8m last year.  How much is he going to Spurs for?

Tottenham are closing in on the signing of defender Davinson Sanchez from Ajax in a reported club record £42m deal.

(Link:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40978395)

Spurs could potentially have a dreadful season if their Wembley form continues. After flirting with a title challenge a couple of times they might find themselves battling for a Euro League spot (or worse).

56 minutes ago, Genie said:

Spurs could potentially have a dreadful season if their Wembley form continues. After flirting with a title challenge a couple of times they might find themselves battling for a Euro League spot (or worse).

That be hilarous. And will the likes of Alli, Erikson and even Kane want to stay were they to be finish 5th and win silverware again?

• Like 1

Kane still hasn't score a goal in August during his senior career. :o

I'm sure as soon he'll find his scoring touch they'll be near the top, but probably not as high as 2nd this season.

Still a very good side in the PL.

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Regardless of Wembley they were always going to struggle to repeat their form from last season given that the two Manchester teams have both spent a fortune and will finish above them this season. They haven't really added to their squad and it's pretty thin in most positions. They were lucky they got knocked out of the CL early last season. No doubt any struggles they have will all be blamed on wembley because they are the darlings of the landan media. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, sne said:

Kane still hasn't score a goal in August during his senior career. :o

I'm sure as soon he'll find his scoring touch they'll be near the top, but probably not as high as 2nd this season.

Still a very good side in the PL.

He's been unlucky, I think he's hit the post in both games. Because I hate Spurs I'd love his form to collapse but he just looks too damn consistent. This is most likely going to be the last season that players like Kane, Alli and Erickson play for Spurs, they will all be off the big clubs. 

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's been unlucky, I think he's hit the post in both games. Because I hate Spurs I'd love his form to collapse but he just looks too damn consistent. This is most likely going to be the last season that players like Kane, Alli and Erickson play for Spurs, they will all be off the big clubs. 

Yeah I've seen both Spurs games and he's been really unlucky not to score. No doubt the goals will come.

Doubt that Alli will reach quite as many this season though.

Will not be surprised if Eriksen is off to Barcelona next season to fill the gap left by Iniesta. 

Kane always warms up after the first few games. Erikson  is pure class and out of all the players he will be the one they have trouble holding onto. Nowhere near strong enough to compete with city or united. They blew their chance whilst both of those clubs were in transition. The Spurs bench is utter shite.

• Like 1

I also think they will miss Walker more than they think. Trippier ok had a few good games last season but now he's the no.1 choice the pressure will be on him. Walker always makes those runs beyond defenders and will excel in his role as wing back for City 

18 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I also think they will miss Walker more than they think. Trippier ok had a few good games last season but now he's the no.1 choice the pressure will be on him. Walker always makes those runs beyond defenders and will excel in his role as wing back for City 

I never understood why they got rid of walker. Ok the money was maybe too good to turn down, but they are a weaker team for it. Trippier is unproven.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Sell Walker for £50m, bring in Serge Aurier for £23m.

Well played Spurs, well played.

Aurier is world class for a few matches, then Hutton the next. He is a strange one. Still a good signing, but Aurier has been know to party a lot. 

• 3 weeks later...
Â