VillaGoMarching

13 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Defoe going to Bournemouth will be on more than Alli & Eriksen combined :/

I read yesterday that Defoe would actually be on 65k/week with a substantial signing-on bonus, rather than the 130k/week reported on here. I would provide a reference, but I honestly can't remember where I read it. 

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I read yesterday that Defoe would actually be on 65k/week with a substantial signing-on bonus, rather than the 130k/week reported on here. I would provide a reference, but I honestly can't remember where I read it. 

I read it too. I just don't believe Bournemouth could pay anyone 130k a week. Very few clubs can afford that. 

23 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I read it too. I just don't believe Bournemouth could pay anyone 130k a week. Very few clubs can afford that. 

Last year's new TV deal means the Premier League can afford it.  They could almost afford it on the previous deal, but this one blew it out of the water.  They'd just better hope they've a watertight relegation clause in there :D

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

If the 65k per week and 6 million signing bonus is to believed that still works out at about £105,000 p/w spread across the 3 year deal

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

dropped in to pot 3 for the CL with utd winning tonight, another year struggling by the sounds of it

Judging by Bert Kassies' tables, Spurs were pot 3 already.  United did go above them alright, but Spurs are now 2nd in pot 3 where they were previously top of it.  The side who've dropped from pot 2 to 3 are Napoli.

Pot 1                          coef.              Pot 2                          coef.
------------------------ --- ----------------     ------------------------ --- ----------------
Real Madrid              Esp>174.942              FC Barcelona             Esp>151.942
Bayern München           Ger 154.899              Atlético Madrid          Esp>142.942
Chelsea                  Eng 106.192              Paris Saint-Germain      Fra 126.333
Juventus                 Ita>140.666              Borussia Dortmund        Ger 124.899
Benfica                  Por 111.866              Sevilla *4               Esp>112.942
AS Monaco                Fra  62.333              Manchester City          Eng 100.192
Spartak Moscow           Rus  18.606              FC Porto                 Por  98.866
Shakhtar Donetsk         Ukr  87.526              Manchester United        Eng  95.192

Pot 3                          coef.              Pot 4                          coef.
------------------------ --- ----------------     ------------------------ --- ----------------
Napoli (*4)              Ita >88.666              AS Roma (*4)             Ita >53.666
Tottenham Hotspur        Eng  77.192              Celtic **                Sco  42.785
FC Basel                 Sui  74.415              FC Salzburg **           Aut  40.570
Dinamo Kiev *3           Ukr  67.526              FC København **          Den  37.800
Ajax *3                  Ned  67.212              CH-QR4 *4                     34.175 - 40.635
Olympiakos Piraeus *3    Gre  64.580              Feyenoord                Ned  23.212
Anderlecht               Bel  58.480              RB Leipzig               Ger  15.899
Liverpool *4             Eng  56.192              CL1                      Tur  10.340 - 45.840

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Do you actually want to win a game at Wembley or not?! :lol:

I'm confident we can compete with anyone. 
In many ways it might be better to face someone you have to be at your very best against, 
rather than get a team that you start speculating whether you can rotate and play half arsed against.

Maybe but you normally need 10 points to get through and you'd get little from those away games so you'd need to win at least 2 of the home games to have a chance of going through.

Much better to get a Leicester style group and then meet the better teams from the quarter final stage.

Yes I agree Chris. At the end of the day you are judged by how far you get in the competition not by who you meet in the goups. Leicester successful campaign, Spurs shocking failure, yet Spurs are by far the better team. 

49 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Hopefully Spurs do not make it out of the group. 

They have a lot to prove imo. No good having the best Tottenham team since 1961 if you flop in Europe and fail to win the league

• 1 month later...

Lost tonight. I honestly think they will struggle this season. Obviously playing at Wembley is a factor but also other teams have strengthened.  If they perform like they did in the Champions league last season I cant  see any reason why anybody would  like them. 

20 hours ago, PaulC said:

Lost tonight. I honestly think they will struggle this season. Obviously playing at Wembley is a factor but also other teams have strengthened.  If they perform like they did in the Champions league last season I cant  see any reason why anybody would  like them. 

Because they aren't City, Utd or Liverpool 

22 hours ago, PaulC said:

young team, good football, likeable manager

compared to other teams challenging they are easy to like

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

young team, good football, likeable manager

compared to other teams challenging they are easy to like

Yes but shambolic in Champions league and couldn't be bothered in Europa league. They are representing this country and need to earn respect. compared to Leicester they are a disgrace

Â