VillaGoMarching

think the 1st Chelsea goal destroyed them though even before that they were too aggressive and unstable for such a big game. Rose, Dier and Dembele should have seen red

2 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

No, that'd be us. 

How so? When have we ever been in the position of challenging for the league with all of the top teams all having poor seasons only to lose out to a team like Leicester? Bottling a few cup finals against superior teams doesn't really compare.

Edited by Mantis

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

How so? When have we ever been in the position of challenging for the league with all of the top teams all having poor seasons only to lose out to a team like Leicester? Bottling a few cup finals against superior teams doesn't really compare.

We got relegated. We've been bottling it all season.

Bottling something doesn't need to be just about getting close to something positive and failing.

A Villa fan calling Spurs bottlers is laughable. At least they got close to doing something good in football, what did we do?

Edited by sexbelowsound

3 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

We got relegated. We've been bottling it all season.

Bottling something doesn't need to be just about getting close to something positive and failing.

A Villa fan calling Spurs bottlers is laughable. At least they got close to doing something good in football, what did we do?

See I wouldn't call that bottling, just being really shit. I guess you could say the players bottled the fight and I won't disagree there but I've always seen bottling as similar to choking.

Just now, Mantis said:

See I wouldn't call that bottling, just being really shit. I guess you could say the players bottled the fight and I won't disagree there but I've always seen bottling as similar to choking.

It's either/or for me. Yes, getting close and falling at the final hurdle is definitely bottling it but we have bottled pretty much every game this season.

Having too much fear to even fight is the worst kind of bottling it for me and we've done it week in, week out.

4 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

It's either/or for me. Yes, getting close and falling at the final hurdle is definitely bottling it but we have bottled pretty much every game this season.

Having too much fear to even fight is the worst kind of bottling it for me and we've done it week in, week out.

I guess you've got a point. Almost all our players have bottled being respectable human beings.

• Like 1

I am glad they didnt win it, the spurs fans round here having been giving it so much. Great for them to be rbought down to earth. Whats really going to hurt them, is knowing this was best chance they had in years. Next season they will find it tough with Chelsea, United, City and Pool all will be better than this season

Yeah I think it's really harsh to say they've 'bottled it' which would imply they had it won to me. They've been brilliant to watch this season, controlled and dominated games and been so free scoring whilst excellent at the back. Also really like the fact that half of their outfield starting players are English, seems a rarity for a challenging side nowadays. I used to hate Spurs but was rooting for them this season.

Edited by penguin

Stepping back for a minute though.  Spurs are gutted this season.  Gutted that they came runner-up in the Premier League.  Gutted to have guaranteed Champions League football next season.  Gutted to have the league's current top scorer and a core of young extremely valuable England internationals.  Gutted to be the top London club looking to move into a state of the art stadium. 

Oh to be gutted right now.

How our 2 clubs have drifted.  One of my best mates is a Spurs fan.  We used to love the Spurs-Villa games because they were 6 pointers between closely matched sides.  Thanks a lot Randy :thumb:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

3 days ago we were 2-1 up in stoppage time and lost. This club has bottled so much over the years its terrible. season after season of late goals conceded, miles ahead of Arsenal in 2008/09, Spurs 4-4, Leicester 3-2 all them United games we went ahead in

Edited by Zatman

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

Stepping back for a minute though.  Spurs are gutted this season.  Gutted that they came runner-up in the Premier League.  Gutted to have guaranteed Champions League football next season.  Gutted to have the league's current top scorer and a core of young extremely valuable England internationals.  Gutted to be the top London club looking to move into a state of the art stadium. 

Oh to be gutted right now.

How our 2 clubs have drifted.  One of my best mates is a Spurs fan.  We used to love the Spurs-Villa games because they were 6 pointers between closely matched sides.  Thanks a lot Randy :thumb:

Spurs will be a real contender for the next few years, especially when thay have the new stadium

Â