VillaGoMarching

Dele Alli has been charged.  Looking like season over for him now.

Still, it means he'll be nice and rested (and uninjured) for the Euros, so not all bad news :) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Of course and I think Spurs have a very good young side but this season was there best chance because the competition will be even stiffer next year with Pep at Man City, Liverpool and Klopp, Man U have a very exciting young strike force. Not sure about Chelsea as a lot of their players are over the hill.

And also remember they'll be playing at Wembley/MK one season so home advantage eroded.

Pochettino is very good though so I don't see them falling away like they did for a bit after Redknapp left, even if they sell a key player.

It must be fun - and at the same time extremely painful to be a Spurs-fan today. They are one of two teams that have gone completely under the radar, alongside Leicester, and they end up second. In the beginning of the season it was about Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Man United and stretching it, Liverpool because of Klopp. Everyone believed it was going to be between Arsenal, Chelsea and City - but it has ended up being a race between Leicester and Spurs. It is all about Leicester, nobody will remember Tottenham come the end of May.

This was their shot, all the other big clubs have messed up completely and Spurs have been magnificent at times. However, it is not going to be enough and nobody ever will remember who finishes 2nd. Remember Liverpool when Gerrard slipped up. They came from under the radar and did brilliantly because of a working system and one single player, Suarez, then he left and the superb Liverpool-side just disappeared from day 1 the next season. Their side was very comparable to Spurs this season.

Man Utd will win the FA Cup most likely, and Liverpool have a good shot at winning the Europa League. Trophies, for Leicester, Man Utd and perhaps Liverpool - none for Spurs, again.

I know this Glaston-fellow will analyze his limited trends and come up with "facts" painting a glorious picture for Spurs going forward - but we all know the big teams will strike back next season and Spurs will yet again not win the league. Not all of them of course, but there will be a superior team and the top teams will be where they always are. One bad season for Chelsea and Man Utd will be rectified, they just have too much money and infrastructure to move towards the top again. It is the same with Real Madrid and Barcelona, they will move towards the top after a bad season or two, it's just how it is. Leicester will falter, I guess everyone associated with the club knows that pretty well, they are just enjoying themselves immensely at the moment. In five years they might be down there again with Wigan, Blackburn and ... uhm... Aston Villa.

Great season Spurs, they have an exiting team - but who knows what happens in the next few years. Players might want to leave, the biggest clubs come knocking and take their players (one thing is the money offered which Spurs can reject due to the financial strength of the Premier League - but they cannot stop players from dreaming about bigger things. Alli, Kane et al will probably want to play for Barcelona or Real Madrid, just like Woodgate, Bale, Beckham, Ronaldo and the rest of them). Spurs is not a big team in the world of football, so why would anything be different with their players and moving to bigger things? Levy can say no, but honestly, an unhappy player seldom stays for long. If they do not perform next season, good luck in trying to keep Kane if he develops further.

So like I said, must be great winning over the best teams this season, but they will end 2nd and in August every team starts with 0 points. It will be much, much harder for Spurs to finish 2nd or 3rd when they are no longer going under the radar - and the other teams will come back with shiny players and new managers. Pep Guardiola is coming to town and Jose Mourinho is back with a vengeance. Mourinho is a proven winner and Man Utd have the resources to change around over the summer - I would not bet against them vs. Spurs. These are guys that have won more trophies in a single season than Spurs have done since I was born in 1985.

Yes but the reality is that any other season Spur's points total wouldn't get them close to the title. i think they have bottled it every time people have talked about them as champions. Yes they have some exciting players but they are not that good. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Biggest bottlers of all time?

maybe,but you'd probably have to put arsenal with them.after they beat leicester it was their's for the taking.

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Biggest bottlers of all time?

No way, us under Big Ron and Newcastle under Keegan plus a few Arsenal teams recently were worse.  Congrats to Leicester, phenomenal achievement and I'm very happy for Ranieri.

Spurs bottling an end of season run in....who saw that coming....

Nixon is right though, Newcastle are big big winners tonight. With all those injuries and suspensions Spurs will struggle to field a decent team last two games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

No way, us under Big Ron and Newcastle under Keegan plus a few Arsenal teams recently were worse.  Congrats to Leicester, phenomenal achievement and I'm very happy for Ranieri.

That said if you add the seasons in recent seasons where Spurs have fcuked up big leads over Arsenal for top 4....I make Spurs the winners.

They just can't hack an end of season run in when the pressure is on...it's not like they've even been top at end at any stage.

Actually they had a chance in early March....2-1 up against Arsenal who had 10 men they would've gone top but choked them aswell.

They have a really good team but their mentality is still an issue when it comes to the crunch.

Â