VillaGoMarching

How long before Harry Kane decides it's time to move on?

Over last 5 years he's proved he's one of best strikers in world football.

The best strikers in world football simply have to be playing in champions league year in year out. Ronaldo, Lewandowski, Mbappe, Messi, Neymar and up to this year Augero all do that. Kane could miss out on it for second year running.

I get he's settled in London and all that but he'll be 28 in a few months so does remind me of when Van Persie was at Arsenal. Similar age and getting them into top 4 but Arsenal simply weren't players for the big trophies. Went to Man. United and won the league in his first season (and then declined as top level striker so good timing).

Really think he will have a big decision to make in next 18 months with Spurs flattering to deceive yet again in the league. He's won less than Shearer did.

Can't see anyone being able to afford him in the current climate.

Three more years signed up after this season. Perhaps in the summer of 2022 he might move for over £100m, but I don't think it'll be this summer.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

How long before Harry Kane decides it's time to move on?

Over last 5 years he's proved he's one of best strikers in world football.

The best strikers in world football simply have to be playing in champions league year in year out. Ronaldo, Lewandowski, Mbappe, Messi, Neymar and up to this year Augero all do that. Kane could miss out on it for second year running.

I get he's settled in London and all that but he'll be 28 in a few months so does remind me of when Van Persie was at Arsenal. Similar age and getting them into top 4 but Arsenal simply weren't players for the big trophies. Went to Man. United and won the league in his first season (and then declined as top level striker so good timing).

Really think he will have a big decision to make in next 18 months with Spurs flattering to deceive yet again in the league. He's won less than Shearer did.

People have been speculating that he’ll leave for a LONG time.

Ultimately, he’s in a very similar boat to Grealish. Do they remain at the clubs they love, where they are loved, or do they move on to try and win things?

Gut feeling is that both stay put. 

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

People have been speculating that he’ll leave for a LONG time.

Ultimately, he’s in a very similar boat to Grealish. Do they remain at the clubs they love, where they are loved, or do they move on to try and win things?

Gut feeling is that both stay put. 

i hope jack doesn't look at kane and think about how things might end up if he doesn't move. jack knows he can win leagues and champions leagues; kane sets the standard about what happens if you stay put. win **** all.

but then we have more ambitious owners than levy. if a player was available for the small fee jack was back when we were in the shite, our owners would just pay it, rather than pissing about. i know spurs fans are still seething about his pissing about back then.

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i hope jack doesn't look at kane and think about how things might end up if he doesn't move. jack knows he can win leagues and champions leagues; kane sets the standard about what happens if you stay put. win **** all.

but then we have more ambitious owners than levy. if a player was available for the small fee jack was back when we were in the shite, our owners would just pay it, rather than pissing about. i know spurs fans are still seething about his pissing about back then.

Jack will move on. If united win the league they bid high for him in the summer and we will accept if he wants to go.

We cant really stop him either he has been loyal to us.

As for kane should have left couple years ago. If kane were to leave wont be long until son does.

Between them two spurs are very average 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Jack will move on. If united win the league they bid high for him in the summer and we will accept if he wants to go.

We cant really stop him either he has been loyal to us.

As for kane should have left couple years ago. If kane were to leave wont be long until son does.

Between them two spurs are very average 

wouldn't surprise me to see son go anyway. he has no ties to spurs. could easily see him at real madrid who are a much bigger worldwide brand. the commercial opportunities alone in asia would be huge.

• Like 1

Kane loves the club.

Just winning a single cup with them would mean more to him than winning multiple titles with a different team.

You gotta respect that. Especially in this day and age where loyality has been non existing.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

In order to win in the CL he would have to move to one of the following;

Bayern, PSG, Juve, Plop, Man City.

Bayern don't spend like that, PSG with Pooch - maybe?, Juve is interesting, he ain't going to Liverpool or Man City.

Also, major English players don't go abroad that often so I don't know, I think he is staying at Spurs unless he goes to PSG. 

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

wouldn't surprise me to see son go anyway. he has no ties to spurs. could easily see him at real madrid who are a much bigger worldwide brand. the commercial opportunities alone in asia would be huge.

Actually think Son seems very settled in London and there was talk of him signing a new deal not so long ago so think he's happy with his lot as probably Asia's greatest ever footballer.

3 hours ago, Mic09 said:

In order to win in the CL he would have to move to one of the following;

Bayern, PSG, Juve, Plop, Man City.

Bayern don't spend like that, PSG with Pooch - maybe?, Juve is interesting, he ain't going to Liverpool or Man City.

Also, major English players don't go abroad that often so I don't know, I think he is staying at Spurs unless he goes to PSG. 

PSG might lose Neymar and Mbappe in next 18 months, both have contracts running down and next to no chance Mbappe is going to spend his whole career playing in French league. Can't see Kane going to play in France though even though in terms of location it would be ideal with London an hour away on eurostar.

With the other euro giants Ronaldo is 36 next month, Benzema 33 and Lewandowski 32 so with Messi also perhaps leaving Barca in next 6 months they'll be quite a merry go round in striker posiiton at best clubs in next 2-3 years and they can't all sign Mbappe or Haaland.

Still think Man. City will go big on Kane at some point in next 18 months as Aguero looks a bit knackered now with constant injuries and could leave in the summer.

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Actually think Son seems very settled in London and there was talk of him signing a new deal not so long ago so think he's happy with his lot as probably Asia's greatest ever footballer.

Greatest ever footballer, Koreans might argue Park was greater at club and international level

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Greatest ever footballer, Koreans might argue Park was greater at club and international level

Guess Park was big part of their 2002 vintage (along with the refs) although Son did score in the 2-0 win over Germany at last world cup which goes down as one of their greatest ever victories on international stage.

He was a good player at Man. United but was always more of supporting cast e.g. someone who could come in and do a job for big euro tie, bit like how Man. City used Milner in the end.

Nakata was trailblazer in 90s showing Asian players could play so he'd be in with a shout although his career fizzled out a fair bit after Roma won the league in 2001. Back then prem clubs were just simply signing players for marketing reasons, can remember some randoms ending up at likes of Bolton and Spurs.

Edited by VillaChris

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Guess Park was big part of their 2002 vintage (along with the refs) although Son did score in the 2-0 win over Germany at last world cup which goes down as one of their greatest ever victories.

He was a good player at Man. United but was always more of supporting cast e.g. someone who could come in and do a job for big euro tie, bit like how Man. City used Milner in the end.

Nakata was trailblazer in 90s showing Asian players could play so he'd be in with a shout although his career fizzled out a fair bit after Roma won the league in 2001. Back then prem clubs were just simply signing players for marketing reasons, can remember some randoms ending up at likes of Bolton and Spurs.

Nakata himself ended up at Bolton 😂 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Nakata himself ended up at Bolton 😂 

Indeed he did but the Big Sam retirement home couldn't get much out of him. Here's the full list, had no idea Inamoto played for West Brom at one stage.

https://www.givemesport.com/1531203-the-8-japanese-players-to-play-in-the-premier-league-how-did-they-fare

Kagawa was big disappointment at Man. United but they never played him in a free role. Bolton also had a player in 2001 who was Japanese I think but don't think he ever actually played for them.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

A Korean guy once started on me because I told him Ashley Young was better than Park when United signed Young.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

A Korean guy once started on me because I told him Ashley Young was better than Park when United signed Young.

I remember you used to live in Korea, didn't you, so I'm sure you remember how  after every Man United game the brief post-match highlights would be the highlights of *what Park did* rather than *what were the highlights of the game*

Sometimes the video would be eg United score a goal, Park warms up, Park comes off the bench, Park makes a pass, Park shakes hands with another player at the full-time whistle, nothing else. Excellent stuff.

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I remember you used to live in Korea, didn't you, so I'm sure you remember how  after every Man United game the brief post-match highlights would be the highlights of *what Park did* rather than *what were the highlights of the game*

Sometimes the video would be eg United score a goal, Park warms up, Park comes off the bench, Park makes a pass, Park shakes hands with another player at the full-time whistle, nothing else. Excellent stuff.

They now do exactly the same with Son. They have SonTV which all Spurs games are shown on.

• Like 1

Â