VillaGoMarching

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He lost me when he said he couldn't be friends with someone who said bounty was a top 3 chocolate bar

The dark choc one is a contender for number 1 spot 

Alli at least struck me as the kind of guy who most of the team could have a chat to, the level of conversation wont solve world hunger but if you're new to the team and country and he wants to talk about crunchies then he's someone you'd be mates with fairly quick 

He doesn't seem like a bad guy at all. It's just err... He's not doing the argument for footballers not being the sharpest knives in the drawer much good...

Not sure of Bale has his own thread or wheres best to discuss him... 

Seems like the English media is on the defensive for him, desperate to hail him as a huge success at Madrid, savage tweeting he has better stats than Ronaldo, Figo and zidane, saw a reporter covering the Welsh FA claiming that Madrid winning 4 CLs in 48 years followed by Bale winning 4 is testament to his success

I think he's done well there, he's tarnished his career with his antics but he was a success... Putting him on the same level as ronaldo Figo and zidane though? Nah not having it, Statistically he blows zidane out of the water, which tells you why you shouldn't rely on stats, he's not a real Madrid legend, not even close, would be surprised if he made a top 50 list for them, seems a very modern all or nothing approach to it all

2 hours ago, Genie said:

He’s a special player (if he still has it and stays fit) and he showed before that special players are worth a lot of points.

Hazard at Chelsea, Suarez at Liverpool, Kane at Spurs, Vardy at Leicester... they are worth 2 or 3 league places on their own.

At his peak late 10-13 they didn't actually qualify for the champions league once, was going to say they didn't even finish in the top 4 but they did in 11/12 and Chelsea got them out by winning CL.

Interesting if their side is viewed as stronger now. They didn't have a forward like Kane in those days (just like we lacked a Grealish type in the MON teams) but at same time they don't have someone of quality of Modric in midfield.

Guess if they can get him fully up to speed within a month he's obviously going to be more effective than Lucas Moura but I wouldn't expect him to be anything like the matchwinner he was at Spurs last time once he hit form.

47 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not sure of Bale has his own thread or wheres best to discuss him... 

Seems like the English media is on the defensive for him, desperate to hail him as a huge success at Madrid, savage tweeting he has better stats than Ronaldo, Figo and zidane, saw a reporter covering the Welsh FA claiming that Madrid winning 4 CLs in 48 years followed by Bale winning 4 is testament to his success

I think he's done well there, he's tarnished his career with his antics but he was a success... Putting him on the same level as ronaldo Figo and zidane though? Nah not having it, Statistically he blows zidane out of the water, which tells you why you shouldn't rely on stats, he's not a real Madrid legend, not even close, would be surprised if he made a top 50 list for them, seems a very modern all or nothing approach to it all

He was doing pretty well up to 2016 (2014 scored that amazing copa del rey final goal v Barca and also scored in CL final, 2016 one I thought he was MOTM). After that lots of injuries and he became more of a cameo player as evidenced by 2018 european cup final.

Madrid's problem aside from the Golf is they promised him the main role after Ronaldo left and he completely flopped as Madrid had their worst domestic season in a long while. That and not speaking Spanish and being seen as distant player.

Still looking at his record over 100 goals for Real Madrid which isn't bad. Seems trend in last few years is just to dismiss a record like that due to Ronaldo and Messi scoring 40 a season but those are abnormal cases. Eden Hazard for example in his first Madrid season scored one league goal albeit disrupted season with injury.

30 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He was doing pretty well up to 2016 (2014 scored that amazing copa del rey final goal v Barca and also scored in CL final, 2016 one I thought he was MOTM). After that lots of injuries and he became more of a cameo player as evidenced by 2018 european cup final.

Madrid's problem aside from the Golf is they promised him the main role after Ronaldo left and he completely flopped as Madrid had their worst domestic season in a long while. That and not speaking Spanish and being seen as distant player.

Still looking at his record over 100 goals for Real Madrid which isn't bad. Seems trend in last few years is just to dismiss a record like that due to Ronaldo and Messi scoring 40 a season but those are abnormal cases. Eden Hazard for example in his first Madrid season scored one league goal albeit disrupted season with injury.

Surely can't be right? Who the hell lives almost a decade in a country and doesn't learn the language? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Surely can't be right? Who the hell lives almost a decade in a country and doesn't learn the language? 

British people, to be honest (I have to confess I learned very little Korean, Chinese or Vietnamese, though I guess Bale has had more time in Spain).

https://tbrfootball.com/report-gareth-bale-to-cost-tottenham-just-9m-thanks-to-daniel-levy/

However, it appears the Daniel Levy has pulled off a masterstroke in bringing Bale back, with The Telegraph claiming that Tottenham will pay just £220k-a-week of Bale’s reported £600k-a-week wages in Madrid.

The deal for Bale, which is set to run till June 2021, is also thought to include a first refusal offer for Spurs should they wish to either extend or make the move a permanent one.

It means that Spurs will be paying just £9m in wages for the the Welsh superstar, significantly less than most were expecting.

Certainly an interesting signing if it happens and, I expect, Bale will have moments of brilliance but will he stay fit.

We will see.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Apparantly he is already injured for the next 4 weeks 😂

I dont think he is injured but yesterday they said he was so unfit it would take 4 weeks to reach fitness 

We had same rubbish with Bolasie and he got nowhere near fitness in 5 months

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont think he is injured but yesterday they said he was so unfit it would take 4 weeks to reach fitness 

We had same rubbish with Bolasie and he got nowhere near fitness in 5 months

Article in the mirror claims otherwise, where they got Madrid people saying he's carrying a knee injury. 

Â