FIFA lose free to air appeal for World Cup matches.

The_Rev

From a common  sense point of view the World Cup would never have been held in Qatar in the first place.

Exactly what I've been saying.

This whole debate about moving the world cup shouldn't even be happening. If you have to move it to the winter because the country is too hot then they shouldn't even have been brought to the table in the first place.

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

• Like 1

yes but got a majority vote so thats how it goes

Which just goes to show how corrupt and out of touch FIFA are.

yet nobody has been charged about this.

English FA tried to get these members on board themselves so are hardly squeaky clean. Nobody remember England ridiculous friendly in Trinidad and Tobago or the friendly they arranged in Thailand but cancelled when didnt win the vote

yes but got a majority vote so thats how it goes

Which just goes to show how corrupt and out of touch FIFA are.

yet nobody has been charged about this.

English FA tried to get these members on board themselves so are hardly squeaky clean. Nobody remember England ridiculous friendly in Trinidad and Tobago or the friendly they arranged in Thailand but cancelled when didnt win the vote

Why do you keep talking about England?

The discussion was about Qatar and their suitability as a World Cup host.

yes but the bitterness only started the day when England lost out to Russia. was no such mention before the election even when it seemed Qatar was going to win for months before

It will never happen but I hope Qatar WC gets changed to a different country.

The weather is TOO hot, no ifs or butts about it. Too hot for the players and too hot for the fans.

As others have pointed out its  has highlighted the corruptness of the game at the highest order. There will always be corruptness in these boards, no doubt when France, korea, SA got it there was some bribery but there was also some logic to selecting those countrys. Qatar just does not make sense.  

I come from a punjabi background the weather in Punjab right now is @ midday 41 degree and evenin 36 degrees. Nobody i know visits Punjab during this time of the year because its unbearably hot more than an hour out in the sun and your toast.

It actually is though mate. Obviously you're entitled to your opinion, but EVERY thread remotely about England, you can bet your house that you'll be in it bad mouthing the national team or the players.

Which is fine, obviously you're entitled to do that. but don't try and tell people you don't have something against England when it's painfully obvious that you do.

Edited by Stevo985

I was referring to the England football team, not the country in general.

I'm not saying you don't speak the truth (although you're not in this case, there are plenty of non-English people who are against the Qatar world cup and think Fifa is corrupt as ****)

I'm saying the reason you bring it up in every thread (ie this one when nobody was talking about England) is because you have a particular liking of badmouthing English football

but its hypocritical though that the FA and media call Qatar corrupt when they went to Thailand and Trinidad to play games using  the national team like a prostitute looking for votes.

Anyway im starting to like England team now Roy is in charge as ive a lot of time for him :)

• Like 1

Anyone think else we are in danger of ruining the beautiful legacy that the world cup has. Think of all the classic players, classic moments, classic games going all the way back to 1930. But look back at the last world cup in 2010 with that stupid ball players couldn't control, poor refereeing, bloody vuvuzelas and the lack of exciting quality games.
 All this is down to FIFA, it really pisses me off to be honest. I can only see things getting worse, especially with the world cup going to Qatar.

Something drastic needs to be done about FIFA and their corruption, but no doubt nothing will get done. This ruling is a step in the right direction and a big **** YOU to FIFA. But there needs to be more done.

Edited by Voinjama

But look back at the last world cup in 2010 with that stupid ball players couldn't control, poor refereeing, bloody vuvuzelas and the lack of exciting quality games.

All this is down to FIFA, it really pisses me off to be honest

can only blame FIFA for the ball at most. the referees were best from their continent. Rest had nothing to do with them

We deserve to host the World Cup.

No being biased here but it's a joke that Mexico has hosted the World Cup more times than England (the home of football.)

Imagine that Qatar and England will have hosted the World Cup the same amount of times.

That's just shocking.

I don't have a problem with the fact that Mexico have hosted the world cup more times then England. That country has a huge footballing pedigree and the 70 and 86 tounraments are regarded as two of the best and most classic tournaments of them all. In addition to this Mexico only hosted the world cup in 86 because Colombia pulled out a year before because they couldn't afford it. So to step in at late notice, after a horrific earthquake in 1985 and still deliver, they deserve credit.

Oh and the Azteca, up there with the Maracana and Wembley as one of the most iconic stadiums in the world.

Edited by Voinjama

No Mexico stepped in because Colombia could not afford to host it. It was Mexico where they had serious earthquakes in 1985, but they still managed to host the tournament a year later.

• Like 1

Â