Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Cyclists

Fixed

You see, I don't mind cyclists per se. In general, anyway (though some are idiots, I agree). I think it's an economical, healthy, (as long as you don't crash), green way to get to work. I get more annoyed by the nervous, shitty car drivers who can't get past the cyclist unless there is nothing coming in the other doirection for the next 2 miles, or unless there is about 100 metres space on the other side of the road to get past. Or both.

It's not difficult to drive past a cyclist unless the road is incredibly narrow (or the cyclist is a complete tool)

You see, I don't mind cyclists per se. In general, anyway (though some are idiots, I agree). I think it's an economical, healthy, (as long as you don't crash), green way to get to work. I get more annoyed by the nervous, shitty car drivers who can't get past the cyclist unless there is nothing coming in the other doirection for the next 2 miles, or unless there is about 100 metres space on the other side of the road to get past. Or both.

It's not difficult to drive past a cyclist unless the road is incredibly narrow (or the cyclist is a complete tool)

Yeah but if wiped out cyclists altogether, then the shitty ones who **** it up for everyone else wouldn't exist.

Everyone's a winner :D

This country is shocking for cycle lanes. Back in sunny Deutschland, there's cycle lanes on damn-near every pavement and it was a piece of piss to get about safely. Over here, I got yelled at by some cro-magnon pedestrian because I dared to cycle slowly past her and her pram under an underpass. Apparently I was supposed to "GET ON THE F**KING ROAD" (seriously, I was going at a snail's pace and gave them a very wide berth, it's a **** pram and I'm not a moron); the "ROAD" in question being a rather busy major roundabout at rush-hour. Other cyclists who don't wear helmets **** me off (specifically families out with young kids, if you want to take your life into your own hands then fine but at least make your kids wear a **** helmet) and drivers who find it hilarious to blast their horn at me as they zoom past (whilst I'm on the pavement, mind) **** me off as well.

So, I don't discriminate; drivers, cyclists, pedestrians, you can all get ****. :thumb:

My boss and his bloody dogs.

He treats them like children. I love dogs, but it's **** annoying.

He's not coming in today because one of them is sick.

**** off.

I'll have to try that one. "Sorry, I can't come into work today, my Chinchilla's had a seizure and I'm keeping a cage-side vigil".

**** off.

totally deserving of a :o

and a :crylaugh:

I ride my bike to work almost every day. Good way to get some excercise and good for the environment too. Though, when I drive my car I hate cyclists. I think it goes like this:

Car drivers hate cyclists

Cyclists hate walking people (pedestrians?)

And they hate cyclists and drivers driving too fast

No one's happy out there. :)

I think the lack of cycle lanes in the country puts both cyclists and motorists in a difficult position. Both sets of people are within their rights to get annoyed at each other, but blame for the situation lies elsewhere.

**** off.

An old boss of mine where I used to work built an extension on his house and had air conditioning fitted for his two dogs at a cost of about 12 grand. I asked him for a raise and got told to **** off so I quit. So basically I lost my job because of his dogs.

I ride my bike to work almost every day. Good way to get some excercise and good for the environment too. Though, when I drive my car I hate cyclists. I think it goes like this:

Car drivers hate cyclists

Cyclists hate walking people (pedestrians?)

And they hate cyclists and drivers driving too fast

No one's happy out there. :)

Yes, pedestrians is the right word.

And cyclists often seem to treat them the same way that motorists treat cyclists.

I've no problem with pedestrians, cyclists or motorists. I have a problem with arsehole pedestrians, arsehole cyclists and arsehole motorists.

I've no problem with pedestrians, cyclists or motorists. I have a problem with arsehole pedestrians, arsehole cyclists and arsehole motorists.

yeah I'd go along with that. The vast majority of people are fine. But you do get the occassional idiot on all sides. I dislike kids in little citroens that have to drive through town at 60mph because, er, because, well probably to minimise the queue at the KFC drive thru or somesuch.

My particular cycling nemesis appears to be of the opinion that he is saving the world and we should all be like him and he's going to dictate traffic speed at rush hour. I don't need people to be more like me, lord forbid, the demands on the personal lubricant industry alone would be untenable. My wild guess here, is that he works in some form of council or civil service post. He's either allowed to stink all day and turn up late and leave early, in which case my guess is he works for planning. Or, he has a lovely accessible shower and gym suite at work, in which case I guess he just works in some nebulus council management position.

Personally, to get paid, I often need to be in several towns on the same day, and buses, bikes or de lorean just ain't going to cut it. In an ideal world, more working from home, more dedicated lanes, more love. But for now, the foot swinging hippy is on my list.

That we had 3 VTers at the WWE show last night, all with potential to be seen by the cameras, and none of them took a "Scuba Steve" sign with them, even after everyone agreed it was a great idea.

For shame.

:lol: @ chris

There's not much a pedestrian can do to be regarded by me as an arsehole tbh. I imagine cyclists have to be more wary of them. The worst thing a pedestrian can do is hit the pedestrian lights button and then proceed across the green light. Leaving me at an empty red light 5 seconds later. Fffffuuuuu. As a pedestrian I never do that.

Cyclists on the other hand. There are the ones who dress like they're in the TdF and then ride 3 abreast blocking the lane. Or the solo rider who is clearly afraid of hard or soft shoulders, again managing to block the lane then becoming irate that you didn't leave him the width of a Chieftain tank when you did finally pluck up the audacity to overtake him. I don't even mind the cyclists who break red lights that they don't deem to be worthy of them. On one hand I'll put that down as one of the perks of being a cyclist and even then if he does get mashed to a pulp by misjudging the red light then that's all on him. He rolled the dice. So it doesn't annoy me.

As for motorists. We've done them to death in here. It's the most stressful part of my day. It never ceases to amaze me how the average motorist doesn't do so many things that they're supposed to do, or does things incorrectly. Whether it be basic road rules or manners or judgement. Astonishing. But then I say that knowing that Ireland is worse than most. Europe contemplated not recognising our licence at one point because as a general rule most of us (them) are atrocious.

Other cyclists who don't wear helmets **** me off (specifically families out with young kids, if you want to take your life into your own hands then fine but at least make your kids wear a **** helmet)

I took my son up the park to ride his bike on Sunday and didn't make him wear a helmet but i suspect you mean on the road rather than on a grass playing field ,

As for me , I've never worn a cycle helmet and never will , if they made it law I'd probably sell my bike .. Yeah I'm sure that a helmet saved someone's life but I recall seeing a cyclist get knocked up in the air once by a car catapulted into the road where about 4 vehicles drove over the top of him ..needless to say the helmet he was wearing didn't do a lot for him , but being more aware on the road probably would have done ... I know some will argue that is flawed logic , but hey that's the way my brain works :)

next they will be making it compulsory to wear a seatbelt in a car or something equally woolly ....

Â