Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I have no tolerance to heat in a shower. Anything much beyond tepid burns me. The missus used to stand under what I could only describe as lava.

I have no tolerance to heat in a shower. Anything much beyond tepid burns me. The missus used to stand under what I could only describe as lava.

Same here. The wife will quite happily stand for 15 minutes under a molten shower of lava and feel relaxed. It's just plain uncomfortable for me.

I hate heat and feeling hot. Even in the winter I'll sleep with the window open and be half out of the duvet.

Used to?

Does that mean she's an ex-missus, or that she's stopped having showers?

Used to?

Does that mean she's an ex-missus, or that she's stopped having showers?

:mrgreen:

Strictly speaking, the Boflcopter should have said " The ex-missus used to ..." if it was his ex.

I get home from work to a cold shower everynight as the wench has either forgot to turn the hot water on or last nights excuse ...It was hot when I had a shower !!!!!!....grinds my feckin gears

I get home from work to a cold shower everynight as the wench has either forgot to turn the hot water on or last nights excuse ...It was hot when I had a shower !!!!!!....grinds my feckin gears

Electric Showers ftw

What and what? Our countries are fairly close to each other, both in terms of placement and culture, but these two phrases are gibberish to me

What and what? Our countries are fairly close to each other, both in terms of placement and culture, but these two phrases are gibberish to me

Steve likes (and I assume has) electric showers. Meath_Villan doesn't have one and needs the water pre-heated in an emersion/hot press. I don't mind what kind of shower I use, although the non-electric does need some pre-planning :)

FTL, IMO.

Don't they tend to be a lot less powerful?

Dunno, probably.

Mine's plenty powerful enough though (and it's nothing fancy, just a bog standard one).

But means you don't have to have all this pre heating of water malarky.

(and I spent the whole of winter 2010 with a broken boiler, so it was a lifesaver then!!)

Dunno, probably.

Mine's plenty powerful enough though (and it's nothing fancy, just a bog standard one).

But means you don't have to have all this pre heating of water malarky.

(and I spent the whole of winter 2010 with a broken boiler, so it was a lifesaver then!!)

The thing I found with eleccy showers, was that they were fine and dandy during the summer, when you didn't need to heat the water up as much to get it to a decent level. The pressure then was fine/quite good.

But come winter and cold indoor temperatures, you had to turn the heat on the things to pretty much max, and then that reduces the water pressure. So you'd get a hot shower, but with the water coming through it at very low pressure. Less a shower and more of a light drizzle.

With water from the central heating system, that isn't a problem (although not having any hot water in the first place is! :mrgreen: )

Yeah to be fair I have notice that before on some showers (not my current one though, thankfully)

That winter was hell. If my shower hadn't have been electric then I think I'd have topped myself.

But, if you have your hot just for the shower, driven by local electricity , does that mean that the rest of the house lacks hot water from any tap?

Yes, although you can still heat the house's water up the normal way. The shower just heats its own up when it's turned on. And you should watch the electricity meter's disk spin. Woohoo, what a ride. Put on the shower, the kettle and the washing machine and the thing is but a blur :)

Yes, although you can still heat the house's water up the normal way. The shower just heats its own up when it's turned on. And you should watch the electricity meter's disk spin. Woohoo, what a ride. Put on the shower, the kettle and the washing machine and the thing is but a blur :)

Weird, my country is generally colder then the UK but I've never heard of anyone not having a constant central source of hot water (around 50 degrees, spiking every now and then to kill bacteria) for all taps and showers. Densely populated areas usually don't have a boiler in every house but get hot water from district heating.

Â