Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

The new Bond song. It's a hideous by the numbers 'traditional' Bond song, which is bad enough (it feels exceptionally hackneyed).

But the way Adele pronounces everything on it is extremely annoying. Skyfall = 'Skyfoe-ull'. Crumble = 'CrumbOOOOOooooOOOOwl'. Tall = 'Torwl' (very close to 'towel' in fact). This is the end = 'Dis iss de end'.

**** off.

Plus her voice isn't even that good, she has no range.

I copied an image URL from twitter and pasted it into facebook. It resolved the image and previewed it below the status. I then removed the URL from the righthand side because I just wanted the image to be viewed but it's still only half the width.

The new Bond song. It's a hideous by the numbers 'traditional' Bond song, which is bad enough (it feels exceptionally hackneyed).

But the way Adele pronounces everything on it is extremely annoying. Skyfall = 'Skyfoe-ull'. Crumble = 'CrumbOOOOOooooOOOOwl'. Tall = 'Torwl' (very close to 'towel' in fact). This is the end = 'Dis iss de end'.

**** off.

Plus her voice isn't even that good, she has no range.

I'm not sure I hate it as much as you (and I actually think Adele has a hell of a set of lungs on her) but I do dislike the Bond song.

Maybe it'll grow on me, but on the first couple of listens, I'm struck by how unlively it is. I'm not saying it should be a rock song or dance track or anything like that. But there's usually a bit in a bond theme where it gets a bit lively and faster. But in this there's pretty much nothing.

I'm not sure I hate it as much as you (and I actually think Adele has a hell of a set of lungs on her) but I do dislike the Bond song.

Maybe it'll grow on me, but on the first couple of listens, I'm struck by how unlively it is. I'm not saying it should be a rock song or dance track or anything like that. But there's usually a bit in a bond theme where it gets a bit lively and faster. But in this there's pretty much nothing.

She has a fairly powerful voice but her voice has no range - all of her songs have the same notes and stress her voice in the same way, to my knowledge (I'm not exactly a fan, not my thing).

But I do agree with you that it's also a pathetically boring song. It really doesn't go anywhere. It's all intro, all foreplay, and really boring with it too. It's very flat. Theres no excitement. It's a ballad to boredom with an orchestra.

It also appears to have had the tune written by taking the bars of all the classic Bond songs, cutting them out, shoving them in a tumble dryer and recording whatever the first 20 bars that they pulled out afterwards where. I swear you can actually pick little bits of Diamonds are Forever or Goldfinger out of it.

I've just listened to it again, I've actually done her pronunciation a favour. Skyfall is rather more like 'Skyfaw'. Eurgh.

Adele is shite.

Bond is pissing me off already and it isn't even out yet. The advertising campaign is wearing a bit thin and if Daniel Craig, at some point during the film, turns to a barman who says 'The usual, sir?' and responds with 'No, Heinekken.' I'll stand up and proclaim 'Wank! Wank! It's all a load of wank!' and leave.

Adele is shite.

Bond is pissing me off already and it isn't even out yet. The advertising campaign is wearing a bit thin and if Daniel Craig, at some point during the film, turns to a barman who says 'The usual, sir?' and responds with 'No, Heinekken.' I'll stand up and proclaim 'Wank! Wank! It's all a load of wank!' and leave.

Yeah that sucks. But given the money problems MGM have had, it's no surprise they've had to rely on advertising and product placement to make some money.

On Bond, I'm not a fan. I don't dislike them but I I've never been wowed by them. So Sky's recent 'Sky Movies 007' channel is a bloody waste IMO. Who do they think they're catering for? Do they think actual Bond fans won't already own every Bond movie on DVD/Bluray? I mean how often do they think even Bond fans will watch the same films over and over again? Once they're on the telly even once, they can be recorded with Sky+. Basically, Bond could have been a weekend thing on an existing channel where everyone who wanted to could record the ones they wanted and we could all have moved on. But now, channel 403 is dead to me :)

I like Bond.

But the Sky movie channel thing is absurd. There are... 22 official Bond movies I think, available for home release, and most of them are pretty old, and in some cases elements of them are in the cultural psyche (the theme and a number of the title songs could be played to anyone in the Uk and they'd know them instantly, regardless of being a Bond fan or not). It's a completely ridiculous move and, in all honesty, I can't believe Sky will make a penny off it. Everyone's seen Goldfinger countless times, everyone's seen Live and Let Die and I could probably do a passable 1 man stage show of Goldeneye despite having never owned the film on any form of home media or having recorded it.

I liked what ITV used to do with Bond. Over the spring and summer they'd chuck 1 on a week, on the same dead spot on the schedule, and call it Bond season. I actually bothered to watch the Roger Moore travesties because of that. I can't imagine I'd ever watch a Bond movie channel in a similar vein.

Living in a country in which posting offensive jokes online is a criminal offence.

There's something seriously wrong with the law when shouting "**** black word removed" at a random passer by results in a £100 fine, but you tell some distasteful jokes on the internet and get a 3 month custodial sentence.

One is targetted racial abuse, the other may "offend" people's delicate tastes. When did it become the case that we have some sort of inalienable right to not be offended?

I blame Ed Miliband. Evidently we are moving towards a Stasi-like situation in which laws passed 'for the good of the people' only serve as a means for Guvmint to lock up anyone who 'offends' them.

Ed the Red is clearly working very hard behind the scenes to ensure once in power, Labour will not be moved.

Â