Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Spoilers. Once you know them you can never un-know them.

Back in the early 80s when the Alec Guinness version of le Carre's 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy' was on TV, I didn't see it, but I wasn't bothered because I wanted to read the book first. At the time I worked at a place that had Radio 2 on, and Terry Wogan decided to talk about TTSS - and give away the denoument. Pissed me off enough to stop me reading the book or watching the TV series or the recent film.

Now, over thirty years later, I'm finally reading the book. But I still remember what Wogan said, and I'm still annoyed that I KNOW WHO THE **** MOLE WAS. :angry:

If you could only pick one, which one would you choose to do? Watch the series, watch the film, or read the book?

(I watched the film...didn't understand anything in it at all. Maybe I struggled with the accents, idk)

People having a poo in the toilets at work

It shouldnt piss me off cos if you need to do a poo (maybe a little bit, maybe badly, it doesnt really matter) then ofc you must enthrone yourself and defecate at some time.

But it pisses me off anyway cos some blokes will just sit there, knowing someone has just walked into the bogs/is already there, and proper go for it. fart fart splash splash fart. It's gross man. I wouldnt do that, I would sit patiently until the other occupant left. This does raise problems if the other person in the toilet is also passing a solid. It's like a shitty mexican standoff. It's happened to me before, I couldnt hack it man, I had to leave and go to the toilet upstairs that was empty.

There was a discussion recently in the office in regard to toilet etiquette. The way our toilets are is as follows - 3 cubicles for the men, 4 for the women. 3 sinks. 2 hand dryers, one of each on all 3 floors. There are no urinals in the mens toilet. If you walk into the toilet and someone is in a cubicle, you should go into a cubicle which is not adjacent to the occupied one. Ergo, in the mens toilet, if the toilets are empty, you should not enter the middle one, as that would mean a second person entering the toilets would have no option but to enter an adjacent cubicle. It's really quite simple. It isnt enfored yet, but I'm goddamn working on it.

Toilet etiquete, or rather the criminal absence of it, is one of my pet hates.

There's 6 cubicles in our toilets. If I need to use one, and they're all empty, I'll go to the far end. Therefore the least chance of anyone using the one next to me.

Similarly, If I walked in and the far end one was occupied, I would use the cubicle on the other end, i.e. as far away as possible.

But the amount of times the cubicles have all been empty, I've gone to the far end, and the next person has come in and sat in the cubicle right next to me!!

It makes me want to shout "What the **** is wrong with you?!"

But that would, of course, violate the code of etiquette that no-one doing a shit should speak or be spoken to at any point.

Back in the early 80s when the Alec Guinness version of le Carre's 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy' was on TV, I didn't see it, but I wasn't bothered because I wanted to read the book first. At the time I worked at a place that had Radio 2 on, and Terry Wogan decided to talk about TTSS - and give away the denoument. Pissed me off enough to stop me reading the book or watching the TV series or the recent film.

Now, over thirty years later, I'm finally reading the book. But I still remember what Wogan said, and I'm still annoyed that I KNOW WHO THE **** MOLE WAS. :angry:

If you could only pick one, which one would you choose to do? Watch the series, watch the film, or read the book?

(I watched the film...didn't understand anything in it at all. Maybe I struggled with the accents, idk)

I saw the film. Was looking forward to it so much.

It's the most disappointed I've ever been with a film.

I don't think it's a bad film, but I hated every minute of it. It just categorically wasn't for me

Slight Spoiler below!!!!

(not to mention that I thought it was obvious who the mole was. So much so that I convinced myself it wouldn't be him BECAUSE it was so obvious)

Only one choice? Read the book, every time.

Not surprised you didn't follow it, Le Carre's plots are deliberately byzantine and obscure. When I've read the book (and I refer to the whole Smiley/Karla trilogy - I've recently read all the previous books) I intend to watch the TV series and then the film. I love cold war espionage stuff.

BTW, I think Guinness was a FAR better choice to play Smiley than Oldman. I rate Oldman very highly, but he doesn't look right in this role. Needs to be a ageing little dumpy bloke.

That the BBC website censors anything that is even remotely a profanity. Seemingly Ashley Cole said the FA were a "#BUNCHOFT***S". Gee thanks Beeb, I don't know what I'd have done if I'd read that. Thankfully you can also get your news from the Guardian website and they censor nothing :clap:

That the BBC website censors anything that is even remotely a profanity. Seemingly Ashley Cole said the FA were a "#BUNCHOFT***S". Gee thanks Beeb, I don't know what I'd have done if I'd read that. Thankfully you can also get your news from the Guardian website and they censor nothing :clap:

Reminds me of this. :lol:

Dear Colleagues

As you may be aware Staff Development have been asked to arrange for each of you to complete an online Team Management Profile (TMP) questionnaire. Everything should now be set up for this, so please note the following:

• More information about Team Management profiles may be found in the attached pdf brochure (1MB), and at the following web site:

Margerison-McCann Team Management Profiles

• Your questionnaire shouldn't take longer than around 15 minutes to complete, and the deadline for completion is: - Friday, 19th October 2012.

I declined. Bullshit.

Dear Colleagues

As you may be aware Staff Development have been asked to arrange for each of you to complete an online Team Management Profile (TMP) questionnaire. Everything should now be set up for this, so please note the following:

• More information about Team Management profiles may be found in the attached pdf brochure (1MB), and at the following web site:

Margerison-McCann Team Management Profiles

• Your questionnaire shouldn't take longer than around 15 minutes to complete, and the deadline for completion is: - Friday, 19th October 2012.

I declined. Bullshit.

I assume "TMP" is a euphemism for something?

Ha! Spoiler thingy works!

• Like 2

The new site. I don't understand it therefore it makes me shout "what is this black magic fuckery!?".

I'll get used to it though.

OH! And losing my **** Night Watchman tag. I stayed up every night watched us pound the aussies for that!! Bastards.

The new site. I don't understand it therefore it makes me shout "what is this black magic fuckery!?".

I'll get used to it though.

OH! And losing my **** Night Watchman tag. I stayed up every night watched us pound the aussies for that!! Bastards.

Put up a profile pic.

NAO.

thenderstudy says he doesn't have his "Nighclearing in the woodschman" tag, but he does.

villaajax says he doesn't have his avatar, but he does.

I have no avatar, and my "Run, fat boy, run" tag is now "Legend".

Â