Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Oh I have more.

6 aside ref on a monday night is even worse.

Last week we were playing (we're shit) and the other team were making subs from all over the pitch. As in, I'd be marking one of their defenders. he'd run off at that end to be subbed, and a striker would come on the other end of the pitch as his replacement.

Conversation at half time went something like this

Me: Ref, is there any rule for where the other team have to make subs from?

Ref: Does it matter?

Me: well it doesn't seem very fair if I'm marking someone up there, and he gets subbed for someone down there.

Ref: it's roll on roll off

Me: that doesn't really answer my-

Ref: Look, stop arguing with me or I'll book you

Me: ok. I wasn't arguing I'm just asking. Forget it

*I try to walk off*

Ref: don't just walk away

Me: *turning back* ok.

Ref: if you carry on arguing I'll book you.

Me: I'm not arguing.

*I try to walk away again*

Ref: come back! If you keep talking back to me then I'll book you.

Me: :|

Another player: Ben, just leave it

Me: I'm TRYING to leave it but he won't let me walk away!

Ginger bastard

How long would you be suspended for in that scenario if you punched him in the face and then kicked him in the balls after he fell over? Just curious. They're exactly the types I imagine ref in the lower leagues. Basically bullies that hold all the cards (

Yeah I wasn't being entirely serious :lol: It's just the kind of thing you fantasise about doing in your head in a situation like that. "Don't walk away", "Don't talk to me". What am I, a **** puppet on a string to dance for your amusement you jumped up **** janitor? In fairness option C in that scenario IS a box in the snot.

I did intend to include a smiley in my post to show I knew you weren't serious ;)

But yeah, someone has done it before, although this was in our sunday 11 aside league in Coventry (still falls under the Birmingham FA) so it was a fair bit rougher than your average monday night 6 aside league.

Resenting those who are good enough to enjoy the sport because you're a fat old man who can't get into a team.
But you see, this is what confuses me; surely they should have then become goalkeepers like I did. 8)

Oh I have more.

Last week we were playing (we're shit) and the other team were making subs from all over the pitch. As in, I'd be marking one of their defenders. he'd run off at that end to be subbed, and a striker would come on the other end of the pitch as his replacement.

Me: well it doesn't seem very fair if I'm marking someone up there, and he gets subbed for someone down there.

*I try to walk off*

Sounds familiar! Did he look like this guy?

ZQ1Ct.jpg

Resenting those who are good enough to enjoy the sport because you're a fat old man who can't get into a team.
But you see, this is what confuses me; surely they should have then become goalkeepers like I did. 8)

Some of the refs we used to have in the Tewkesbury & Cheltenham league wouldnt even be able to do a job in goal.

I remember this one fellow who had a prosthetic leg and spent the entire game pacing the circumference of the centre circle.

Good effort for making a go of it, but needless to say, he was a poor ref.

Oh I have more.

*I try to walk off*

Ginger bastard

An almost identical scenario occurred at 11 aside for one of my teammates Tuesday with the ref essentially just provoking one of my teammates when he tried to walk away, albeit not an argument over subs. My teammate was subsequently given a red card for pretty much nothing and after another player got injured we went down to 9 men. Prior to that, the score was 0-0, so the ref absolutely ballsed that game up. rocket polisher.

Being crap at sports.

I'm fairly fit and all right at most sports, and if I play them a lot I tend to improve to a level known amongst friends as "decent".

Can't get squash at all. Played a lad who isn't fit but has played squash for years for the last few weeks and he beat me six games in a row, in two games I scored 0. He was pitying me the last time we played offering to replay points, no bugger off, I'll take the 0 thank you.

Playing again next week and I'm determined to beat him in a match.

Being crap at sports.

I'm fairly fit and all right at most sports, and if I play them a lot I tend to improve to a level known amongst friends as "decent".

Can't get squash at all. Played a lad who isn't fit but has played squash for years for the last few weeks and he beat me six games in a row, in two games I scored 0. He was pitying me the last time we played offering to replay points, no bugger off, I'll take the 0 thank you.

Playing again next week and I'm determined to beat him in a match.

I was the same with Hockey.

I've always been able to pick up sports really quickly. Not saying I'm really good at them, definitely not.

But I've always been able to pick it up enough to have a decent game at anything pretty quickly. Jack of all trades if you like.

But with Hockey, I was never able to get it. I only played it twice, at school, but both times I was embarrassingly awful at it. I just couldn't do it.

When it comes to sports, I've always been a consistent all-rounder, shit at everything.

Lol, same.

You do seem to be pretty good at running though, Mike, no?

Middle of the pack - probably better than the average man in the street (certainly of my age). But it requires no real skill.

When it comes to sports, I've always been a consistent all-rounder, shit at everything.

Lol, same.

Middle of the pack - probably better than the average man in the street (certainly of my age). But it requires no real skill.

Speaking as someone who couldnt run a bath, I disagree.

Think you're doing yourself a disservice there.

Lol, same.

Speaking as someone who couldnt run a bath, I disagree.

Think you're doing yourself a disservice there.

Well, it requires both determination and natural stamina - the latter of which is influenced by genetics (for example, I don't run often as it usually makes me feel even more chronically fatigued, and often makes me ill as well).

Certainly isn't a sport that looks like it involves much finesse, but not everyone can do it, even if they try.

Skill might be the wrong word, but running is certainly a talent, and you need certain attributes to be good at it.

I've always felt like running, long distance at least, is as much a sport of the mind as it is a physical sport.

Certainly for me personally anyway.

Â