Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

The day after we were told we couldn't wear jeans to work and we had to wear a shirt with a collar, one of my colleagues turned up in a pair of ladies pink trousers he bought from a charity shop and a white polo shirt. None of the management team said anything to him, I think they admired him for it (because the ruling came from 'the boss', not the management team).

He still occasionally wears those trousers, they actually look alright, despite being ladies, and pink.

The day after we were told we couldn't wear jeans to work and we had to wear a shirt with a collar, one of my colleagues turned up in a pair of ladies pink trousers he bought from a charity shop and a white polo shirt. None of the management team said anything to him, I think they admired him for it (because the ruling came from 'the boss', not the management team).

He still occasionally wears those trousers, they actually look alright, despite being ladies, and pink.

They did it to us too with the added bonus of a tie :(

I had the same a few months ago.

I can certainly understand it in customer-facing roles, or if you regularly have meetings with people from other companies, but if not, it's just stupid. I work in an office that's in the basement, of all places, with no one but 3 colleagues in there with me. But apparently wearing a tie makes me more productive.

Guy in my office has just laughed at me because I didn't know who Mark Robins was.

Bear in mind, the same guy last week asked me who Alessandro Del Piero was.

Just as long as you know who Ted Robbins is ....

I dunno. but he's the new Coventry manager

Came through the United academy with Giggs, Scholes et al (or might have been a couple of years ahead of them) but never really made it. Went to Norwich and did OK there, and also played for Walsall I think.

He scored the goal that (supposedly) kept Fergie in a job.

An example of someone who is remembered for one incident - a bit like Phil King.

I thought that was Lee Martin in an FA Cup match? :?

An example of someone who is remembered for one incident - a bit like Phil King.

Mark Robins scored in the 1-0 win in the 3rd round at Forest.

I think Lee Martin scored the winner in the FA Cup Final replay that same year

It was definitely Robbins. It's the only reason he's (semi) famous. They were near the bottom at that time and there was a very vocal section of the Man Utd support who were calling for his head.

Lee Martin scored the winner in the (replay) Final but by that stage, the pressure had somewhat dissipated.

Â