Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

21 hours ago, Xela said:

I'm off work next week. First full week off since last year. Of course, work has exploded this week. Nobody's fault, its just the way it happens sometimes, but i've been in a foul mood all week because of it. 

Two days off next week (Monday and Tuesday) for me, and I am in a foul mood because my boss never remembers my holidays, and it winds me up to remind him over and over. I told him this morning, and he has just rang planning my day for Monday. I could not be arsed to remind him again, and I can guarantee there will be a call on Monday morning to wind me up even more. 

• Like 1

One for on topic maybe but I just watched Dean Smith’s press conference from this morning. 18 minutes long and I don’t think he was asked one insightful question (or kestion). He must find it so boring every week having to deal with such inanity from the journalists!

20 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

And we still don't know what part of Norfolk you're pissing off to!

TBC - between two options at the minute. Will let you know once I've decided on the winner! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, knoppy1987 said:

Two days off next week (Monday and Tuesday) for me, and I am in a foul mood because my boss never remembers my holidays, and it winds me up to remind him over and over. I told him this morning, and he has just rang planning my day for Monday. I could not be arsed to remind him again, and I can guarantee there will be a call on Monday morning to wind me up even more. 

Give him a calendar invite to your holidays.  Not literally invite him to go on holiday with you obviously, but to get your holiday showing up in his calendar. 

7 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

No, this is the only good post you've ever done, I just checked through all of em'.

Surprised you've not been banned for banality tbh. 

This is the nicest thing you’ve ever said to me. 

Qunt

Edited by Stevo985
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

I've just thought of something that pisses me off. It's when people are trying to say half and they miss the H out and say aarf instead.  Really bugs me, has anyone got similar pet hates? 

When my dog farts and then scarpers once the damage is done!😉

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I know I've done this before, but what the hell.

Treating football club or band names as singular, rather than plural.

"Aston Villa is going to beat Wolves" NO! Aston Villa ARE going to beat Wolves.

"Queen is crap" NO! Queen ARE crap. 

They (I'm looking at you, Americans, but it's creeping into British usage) get a bit confused when the word ends with an 's' - "The Beatles IS..." or "The Beatles ARE..."? But I just saw this in the BBC obituary for Paddy Moloney: 

"In 2012, the Chieftains released its last studio album, Voice of Ages". 

Grrrr... 

I read Queen as Keane but it didn’t matter as they are both bottom chowder. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I know I've done this before, but what the hell.

Treating football club or band names as singular, rather than plural.

"Aston Villa is going to beat Wolves" NO! Aston Villa ARE going to beat Wolves.

"Queen is crap" NO! Queen ARE crap. 

They (I'm looking at you, Americans, but it's creeping into British usage) get a bit confused when the word ends with an 's' - "The Beatles IS..." or "The Beatles ARE..."? But I just saw this in the BBC obituary for Paddy Moloney: 

"In 2012, the Chieftains released its last studio album, Voice of Ages". 

Grrrr... 

Google "Are collective nouns singular or plural"

You might be dismayed at some of the answers, especially those from American dictionaries / grammar websites. An ancient BBC answer way down the first page of results gave the best answer imo

40 minutes ago, bickster said:

An ancient BBC answer way down the first page of results gave the best answer, imo. 

I agree. And whichever BBC employee wrote the 'Chieftains' sentence in my OP should be made to copy it out a hundred times. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

Think it's been mentioned before, but flip flops in the pub, whatever the weather. I don't wanna see peoples minging feet while I'm supping a cold beer, I don't wanna see flip flops full stop unless on a beach. I've got a mate who lives local to the pub and comes over in flip flops in the winter, knobber!

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Think it's been mentioned before, but flip flops in the pub, whatever the weather. I don't wanna see peoples minging feet while I'm supping a cold beer, I don't wanna see flip flops full stop unless on a beach. I've got a mate who lives local to the pub and comes over in flip flops in the winter, knobber!

Correct. 

If you’re not on holiday in a hot country then you shouldn’t be wearing flip flops in public. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

That's simply asking for an "accidental" toe tredding at the bar, in my doc martens.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

That's simply asking for an "accidental" toe tredding at the bar, in my doc martens.

It's happened to my pal, he's one who goes proper moody over stuff too, was sulking all night like a child. Still wears emm though. Don't get me on to his shorts wearing too. Bet he'll be in shorts today.

• Haha 1

It's happened to my pal, he's one who goes proper moody over stuff too, was sulking all night like a child. Still wears emm though. Don't get me on to his shorts wearing too. Bet he'll be in shorts today.

Nothing wrong with wearing shorts still, I'm in shorts today. Wearing flip flops at any point is just wrong though, not even at the beach, just take your shoes off. 

Â