Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

• VT Supporter

There's a YouTube ad doing the rounds, part of a campaign for fashion brand Gant, which I think I want to have wiped from existence. Every time I hear it, I feel like everyone involved should have hatchets inserted into their skulls with astronomical force.

'I think the fact that I exist is a challenge to conformity, which, you know, isn't my fault'

Fffffffffff***************** ooooooffffffffffff.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 03/10/2021 at 12:07, limpid said:

I wonder how much petrol you can keep at your residence before your insurance is void.

On 03/10/2021 at 12:15, Genie said:

I believe the maximum is 30l but it must be in a maximum of 4 containers

BBC

So the guy pictured would be breaking the law if he stored it all at home, plus he has too many plastic containers.

I love VT.  Never change.

You are my North, my South, my East, my West.

• Thanks 1

On 03/10/2021 at 22:35, sharkyvilla said:

People who when they're in a really shit mood decide they have to bring everyone else down with them.  If I'm in a bad mood I just stew away quietly in a corner somewhere because I have a modicum of self-awareness and know that it's nobody else's problem,  I **** hate that kind of atmosphere where you're treading on eggshells all day.

On 03/10/2021 at 23:29, rjw63 said:

The wife on Tampax time? 😉

Ironically Sharky, my wife likes to say "It's shark week" 🤣

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Davkaus said:

In depth analysis being delivered via a series of snippets via Twitter. Just **** stop it and write a longer article on a platform suited for extensive prose rather than delivering a **** sentence at a time.

#Thread

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

There's a YouTube ad

Each add I see on Youtube makes me hate the company advertising their tat.

I get Internet provider adverts for the connection I already have mostly.

I watch Youtube via the playstation so I just change channel for the required time so I never see them now (Adverts) the utter words removed.

• VT Supporter

My 2 colleagues.

Colleague 1

I message him “did you speak to Dave / Can you update the slide / did the meeting go ok” etc and the reply is always “can you speak, i’ll give you a call”

I don’t want to stop for 20 minutes 6 times a day to discuss something you could just reply with or take care of. 

I know people get lonely and we do have meetings but christ, it drives me mad.

Colleague 2:

Teams: “Hey Genie, are you ok?”

Me: Yeah great cheers, how are you?

Silence….

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

My 2 colleagues.

Colleague 1

I message him “did you speak to Dave / Can you update the slide / did the meeting go ok” etc and the reply is always “can you speak, i’ll give you a call”

I don’t want to stop for 20 minutes 6 times a day to discuss something you could just reply with or take care of. 

I know people get lonely and we do have meetings but christ, it drives me mad.

Colleague 2:

Teams: “Hey Genie, are you ok?”

Me: Yeah great cheers, how are you?

Silence….

I have a guy on my team who will message me and ask if I can spare 5 minutes. It's never 5 **** minutes, it's 40 minutes. He doesn't care when it is either, 4.30 on a Friday and he is messaging me asking if I can spare 5. Arsehole. 

• Like 1

Just now, Seat68 said:

I have a guy on my team who will message me and ask if I can spare 5 minutes. It's never 5 **** minutes, it's 40 minutes. He doesn't care when it is either, 4.30 on a Friday and he is messaging me asking if I can spare 5. Arsehole. 

Do what they do at the local councils at 4.15pm on a Friday.

Switch phone off.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Try this:

"no, sorry"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I get Internet provider adverts for the connection I already have mostly.

Yeah I never understand this. The amount of times I see ads on shit like YouBend for stuff I've just bought is beyond silly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Ring them 5 minutes before a half hour eg 3.55, 2.25 etc and tell them you have 5 minutes to spare because you've a conference call coming up at [the half hour]. That'll get the issue sorted and give you a legitimate reason to hang up the call guilt free.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• VT Supporter
2 hours ago, bickster said:

Yeah I never understand this. The amount of times I see ads on shit like YouBend for stuff I've just bought is beyond silly

ebay and Amazon are a nightmare for that. “We thought you might be interested in this product because we can see you were browsing them”.

Their clever stalking software doesn’t seem to stretch so far as to realise I bought one off them so why would I want to buy it again?

• Like 2

I mentioned a while ago I drive my stinky mate to work, the good news is that someone (probably the manager) must have taken him aside to talk about it as he smells fine now except the last couple of weeks, **** hell his breath is toxic.  He must have a dead tooth or three in his gob and it's starting to get to the part of the year where I can't really drive with the window open.  I'd find offering him a pack of polos every time he gets in the car as awkward as the idea of telling him he stank.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• VT Supporter
1 hour ago, Genie said:

ebay and Amazon are a nightmare for that. “We thought you might be interested in this product because we can see you were browsing them”.

Their clever stalking software doesn’t seem to stretch so far as to realise I bought one off them so why would I want to buy it again?

Or they know it's probably broken by now

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I mentioned a while ago I drive my stinky mate to work, the good news is that someone (probably the manager) must have taken him aside to talk about it as he smells fine now except the last couple of weeks, **** hell his breath is toxic.  He must have a dead tooth or three in his gob and it's starting to get to the part of the year where I can't really drive with the window open.  I'd find offering him a pack of polos every time he gets in the car as awkward as the idea of telling him he stank.

play the rona card and make him put a mask on

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The embarrassing tiny spuds that supermarkets are trying to sell as baking potatoes. Broken Britain.

We definitely have a spud shortage round these ways

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â