Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

My brother had that and lost it.  I was absolutely convinced I'd nicked it when he left home but sadly no, I've not got it and he's lost it the silly sausage. 

Another black 12” anecdote, my bro has lost his copy of SFA’s The Man Don’t Give A ****

I am currently playing a copy of SFA’s The Man Don’t Give A **** that I recently found.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

We could play a game of see who can find their copy of Blue Monday before @Seat68

This has made me realise Id misclassified my copy but I can’t find a version with plain sleeve and silver inner sleeve from 1983… I’m really not going to create a new version onDiscogs for it though

84F64C26-2142-4744-BF21-6D85351E41F9.jpeg

How much is that £2.25 worth now? 

I've got a vinyl copy of Ash 1977 which I bought from a small short lived record shop in The Piccadilly Arcade. 

I heard that they did a limited edition copy for independent record shops and included a bespoke orange bag, and that was quite valuable. I checked my copy and found I'd folded the orange bag inside the gatefold. 

The special edition was sold at the 1977 price for an album so only cost me £3 or something, it's worth about £80 now. 

Edited by sidcow

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

How much is that £2.25 worth now? 

About £6:50

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The special edition was sold at the 1977 price for an album so only cost me £3 or something, it's worth about £80 now. 

This 4 track EP by Squid "Town Centre" was bought when it came out in 2019, I paid no more than £15. It's been repressed since

This first pressing sells for £45+ now and some mad bastards actually paid £70+ for it back in April & May

R-14313545-1585010852-5179.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

right back on track!

i've met him a couple of times, when we did some wembley trips Kiddy lions and a few others have used Wealdstone as a place to park up, you can get on which ever tube line from one of the ruislip stations and go straight to wembley easy

we're all the pub and this dickhead rocks up, first time was with some girl in her early 20s in a white "fur" coat and bathed in fence paint and a manager / agent type bloke, he's going round getting lads to buy him a beer and posing for photos like a minor celebrity, i walked past him in the corridor of the pub and he stopped me and asked if i wanted a photo with him "no i **** dont you word removed"

proper weasel of a man 

Bit harsh though 😂

Getting really pissed off with this New Order Blue Monday saga. I have a very tattered die cut version and it's still missing. I do however find the plain non die cut version. Odd as I never bought this, I pull the record out and it's Power Corruption and Lies. Which I have definitely never bought on vinyl. My wife wasn't really into them when we were kids so I have no **** clue where this has come from other than in the back end of the 80s a mate looked after my vinyl and it's his and he hasn't put his records away properly. 

OT but didn't Ronnie "Do you know who I am ?!" Pickering make a couple/few guest appearances, one I'm told was at a nightclub in Cov ?

Can't have been a long career I would imagine...a repetitive joke that soon fell flat.

13 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I can't bloody find it. I have spent far too long on it but I know it's there as I saw it when we moved in. The search will continue. 

My eyes aren't what they were.

A head torch that uses 18650 batteries and kicks out 2000 lumens lives next to the collection these days.

Works a treat at half power for finding stuff. Full whack is useful in the early hours after a few drinks :)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

it was the shock and disgust that he asked me, like "do you want a photo with me young man?" like he was some sort of superstar that i should be in awe of 

Yeah, he can sod off.  But if I ever meet the U Wot M8 bloke, I'm definitely posing for a photo with him.  He's The Don.

I am saying this because he looks like he would stab me if I didn't 

Edited by sidcow

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

right back on track!

i've met him a couple of times, when we did some wembley trips Kiddy lions and a few others have used Wealdstone as a place to park up, you can get on which ever tube line from one of the ruislip stations and go straight to wembley easy

we're all the pub and this dickhead rocks up, first time was with some girl in her early 20s in a white "fur" coat and bathed in fence paint and a manager / agent type bloke, he's going round getting lads to buy him a beer and posing for photos like a minor celebrity, i walked past him in the corridor of the pub and he stopped me and asked if i wanted a photo with him "no i **** dont you word removed"

proper weasel of a man 

Who is he? I note he is wearing blue and white. Should this be a clue?

When people on Facebook share a post from some random page, that's usually a picture of a kid or elderly person with the caption "nobody came to my birthday party, will you wish me happy birthday?" - all of which are blatantly fake.

It's usually the same sort of people who share posts like "OMG the English Flag is being banned in schools starting tomorrow, SHARE IF YOU THINK THIS IS A DISGRACE"

😩

• Like 1

Â