Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

• VT Supporter
2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The streams for bake off that I can aquire are all biscuit week from BBC bake off about 6 years ago

Its ruining my weekend 

Nice. 

• Like 1

Anyway, back to my electrician issue. Spoke to a guy on facebook yesterday via messenger (yes I know). Seemed alright, gave me a quote of £200 to relocate my consumer unit (see previous pages). Thought that was a little cheap, so spoke to him today and asked how he would extend the wiring (just making sure he was genuine) and he went all funny, saying I was going to do it myself and he won't give me that information. So I replied saying I just need to know your genuine and know what your about. He then replied, "I don't like your attitude mate and suggest you take your business elsewhere, I don't need the money you know". I replied with "then why are you advertising on facebook rather than being fully booked like everyone else". He then replied with "If you think I'm some weirdo who is not really an electrcian so be it, I will be one of those facebook weirdos, have a good Saturday".

Strange very strange, realise why I don't use facebook.

• VT Supporter
9 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Anyway, back to my electrician issue. Spoke to a guy on facebook yesterday via messenger (yes I know). Seemed alright, gave me a quote of £200 to relocate my consumer unit (see previous pages). Thought that was a little cheap, so spoke to him today and asked how he would extend the wiring (just making sure he was genuine) and he went all funny, saying I was going to do it myself and he won't give me that information. So I replied saying I just need to know your genuine and know what your about. He then replied, "I don't like your attitude mate and suggest you take your business elsewhere, I don't need the money you know". I replied with "then why are you advertising on facebook rather than being fully booked like everyone else". He then replied with "If you think I'm some weirdo who is not really an electrcian so be it, I will be one of those facebook weirdos, have a good Saturday".

Strange very strange, realise why I don't use facebook.

I had a similar response from an electrician a few years ago when also looking for work to be done on a consumer unit. I asked for confirmation of his insurance docs and he said that of course he had insurance, didn't need to prove it to me, that he didn't need the work and stormed out. 

On 30/09/2021 at 14:00, mjmooney said:

You know how you have strong opinions about hats? 

Well as far as I'm concerned, grown men wearing shorts at any time except when on holiday should be a capital offence. 

You’d have loved @rjw63’s son, who wore shorts to every Villa game, no matter the weather. Fairly ballsy you ask me. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

You’d have loved @rjw63’s son, who wore shorts to every Villa game, no matter the weather. Fairly ballsy you ask me. 

@adw95...lets see if we can lure him out 😁

Why can't men wear shorts? I'd rather wear shorts and a jumper this time of year than jeans and a tshirt

Wear shorts around the house all year round

don't own jogging bottoms and the majority of my trousers are slim fit at best super skinny at worst, it goes above 15° and the shorts are out 

• Like 4

• VT Supporter
3 hours ago, SuperTed said:

They were very short shorts then? 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I had a similar response from an electrician a few years ago when also looking for work to be done on a consumer unit. I asked for confirmation of his insurance docs and he said that of course he had insurance, didn't need to prove it to me, that he didn't need the work and stormed out. 

It gets stranger. I woke up this morning to a message from him saying "hope this helps", with a link to a mental health website. Great way to market his work.😆

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Haha 4

• VT Supporter
4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It gets stranger. I woke up this morning to a message from him saying "hope this helps", with a link to a metal health website. Great way to market his work.😆

I hope that doesn't corrode your relationship. 

33 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It gets stranger. I woke up this morning to a message from him saying "hope this helps", with a link to a mental health website. Great way to market his work.😆

I bet that was a bolt from the blue. 

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

So,after you visited the mental website did you get the guy to do that job for you ?

• VT Supporter
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, limpid said:

I wonder how much petrol you can keep at your residence before your insurance is void.

I believe the maximum is 30l but it must be in a maximum of 4 containers

If you want to store fuel legal guidelines say you have to have the right container.

There are only two types you can use, the metal 10-litre and the five-litre plastic can. 

Both have to say Highly Flammable on them. 

The maximum you can store at your home is 30 litres.

The jerry can is a 20-litre metal can. It is illegal to store petrol in one of these because you are not allowed to carry 20 litres in just one container.

The 10-litre metal can

The maximum you can use is two of these = 20 litres in metal cans.

The five-litre plastic can

The maximum you can use is two of these = 10 litres. 

OR a combination of metal + plastic cans

The maximum you can store is 30 litres using a combination.

2 x 10 litre metal cans + 2 X five-litre plastic cans = 30 litres in total.

BBC

So the guy pictured would be breaking the law if he stored it all at home, plus he has too many plastic containers.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â