Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

Just wait until they put interest rates up and all those poor suckers borrowing £500k for a bog standard 3 bed semi get repossessed as well. 

True, but in comparison to saving Christmas Boris is right to be focussing his attention on that. 

6 hours ago, bickster said:

We pre-ordered ours from M&S the other day as we do every year, except we did it a couple of months earlier than usual

It is noticeable though that the usual selection of Xmas Fayre available to pre-order is much reduced. No Beef & no Porchetta for instance

Not the porchetta! Life is just too cruel sometimes.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Genie said:

There’s no petrol, gas is too expensive to heat our homes, shelves are empty, there’s no staff to sustain the economy, taxes are going up, cost of living is going up, wages are stagnant, millions will lose their jobs as the furlough scheme ends… but on a plus side, I have turkey. Christmas is saved!!!! 

I'm fine with all of that... but if the rumoured shortage of pigs in blankets is true, I will scorch the earth! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm fine with all of that... but if the rumoured shortage of pigs in blankets is true, I will scorch the earth! 

I ordered my Turkey from Amazon (Morrison’s) and had it delivered same day. No pigs in blankets in stock though. 

I can make my own if it comes to it, I can’t make my own turkey though!

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Just wait until they put interest rates up and all those poor suckers borrowing £500k for a bog standard 3 bed semi get repossessed as well. 

0.75% by end of 2022 is what we expect it to be. 

4 hours ago, Genie said:

There’s no petrol, gas is too expensive to heat our homes, shelves are empty, there’s no staff to sustain the economy, taxes are going up, cost of living is going up, wages are stagnant, millions will lose their jobs as the furlough scheme ends… but on a plus side, I have turkey. Christmas is saved!!!! 

GOT TO HAVE A NORMAL CHRISTMAS. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

When you find out there’s a major national cycling event in your town today but had no idea about it 🤦🏽‍♂️

Yeah I hate that too. Knobs on bikes, roads closed. Hate it. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

When you find out there’s a major national cycling event in your town today but had no idea about it 🤦🏽‍♂️

We have an iron man competition here every **** year. Couple that with the town used as a bypass whenever there is disruption between M6 jct13 and 14, most days it's best not to leave the house. 

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

Today I bought by Daughter 2 tickets for a band at the NEC who will remain nameless. 

It is a birthday present. 

The actual tickets were £55 each, so £110 for tha actual tickets themselves. 

The total cost I paid after all fees and charges were added was £162.

It's just a complete **** racket. 

I know that when The NEC sold their own tickets they had a whole team of people in a call centre dealing with tickets.  A couple of quid booking fee paid for their office space, wages etc. 

Now it's all computerised. It probably costs f all to run the booking service.  Why the hell am I paying £52 in bloody fees.  It's a disgrace and someone is absolutely creaming it in for doing piss all. 

My theory on this at the moment is because of Covid they're inflating those booking fees etc even more. So your tickets were probably £160 but they portion a massive chunk of it as booking fee/handling fee etc because if the gig/concert gets cancelled because of Covid then they don't have to pay you that bit back.

I booked tickets to a festival in Malta that was meant to be in September. We never actually expected it to go ahead so booked a flexi refund in case of covid kind of thing. Anyway it obviously got cancelled and the same thing happened. They kept about £30 per ticket because it was a handling fee so we weren't due that back

• Shocked 2

Â