Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

28 minutes ago, Xela said:

The way things can deteriorate in this country so quickly reminds me that we live on a knife edge all the time. We're only ever a headline or soundbite from anarchy. 

Doomsday peppers look more and more sage with each passing week. Pandemics and supply chain disruptions are very unnerving indeed. Jyst be glad you guys aren't awash in firearms.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Whatever roasts your goat. But I don’t think I’ll be leaving it until December 23rd before I do my shopping.

Roasted goat is okay but it's much better in a curry. 

• Like 1

In the office tomorrow. First Monday in an office for 20 months by my reckoning. 

I've absolutely got the Sunday night blues! :( 

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Genie said:

Turkey has been sold out for ages. I keep looking when I got to the supermarket, and online and it’s never available.

Actually plenty of choice at Morrison’s via Amazon and £10 off first £50 spend too.

On 28/09/2021 at 21:50, HanoiVillan said:

West Midlands Railway have changed one of their messages. It used to say, 'step onto the platform before removing heavy luggage and pushchairs'. Now it says 'step onto the platform before removing heavy luggage and pushchair'. I know it's not just something I heard because the dot matrix display in the carriage also doesn't have a final s.

WTF is this????? This isn't how English works! There's not just one pushchair, and pushchair is as countable noun. How did they even decide to change this? There must have been meeting where some dickhead said 'actually, it should be pushchair without an s'. **** hate that guy.

Another language one that's doing my head in.

I'm watching a series on Sky Atlantic, and am warned before each episode that it contains 'strong and frequent language'. No kidding, it's got dialogue in it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Another language one that's doing my head in.

I'm watching a series on Sky Atlantic, and am warned before each episode that it contains 'strong and frequent language'. No kidding, it's got dialogue in it.

Yeah when did that chance from frequent strong language, totally different meaning

• Like 1

People who when they're in a really shit mood decide they have to bring everyone else down with them.  If I'm in a bad mood I just stew away quietly in a corner somewhere because I have a modicum of self-awareness and know that it's nobody else's problem,  I **** hate that kind of atmosphere where you're treading on eggshells all day.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

People who when they're in a really shit mood decide they have to bring everyone else down with them.  If I'm in a bad mood I just stew away quietly in a corner somewhere because I have a modicum of self-awareness and know that it's nobody else's problem,  I **** hate that kind of atmosphere where you're treading on eggshells all day.

The wife on Tampax time? 😉

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

By people, you mean women?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Genie said:

Turkey has been sold out for ages. I keep looking when I got to the supermarket, and online and it’s never available.

We pre-ordered ours from M&S the other day as we do every year, except we did it a couple of months earlier than usual

It is noticeable though that the usual selection of Xmas Fayre available to pre-order is much reduced. No Beef & no Porchetta for instance

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Genie said:

There’s no petrol, gas is too expensive to heat our homes, shelves are empty, there’s no staff to sustain the economy, taxes are going up, cost of living is going up, wages are stagnant, millions will lose their jobs as the furlough scheme ends… but on a plus side, I have turkey. Christmas is saved!!!! 

56 minutes ago, Genie said:

There’s no petrol, gas is too expensive to heat our homes, shelves are empty, there’s no staff to sustain the economy, taxes are going up, cost of living is going up, wages are stagnant, millions will lose their jobs as the furlough scheme ends… but on a plus side, I have turkey. Christmas is saved!!!! 

Just wait until they put interest rates up and all those poor suckers borrowing £500k for a bog standard 3 bed semi get repossessed as well. 

Â