Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 30/09/2021 at 06:00, mjmooney said:

You know how you have strong opinions about hats? 

Well as far as I'm concerned, grown men wearing shorts at any time except when on holiday should be a capital offence. 

1zzscf.jpg

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

The streams for bake off that I can aquire are all biscuit week from BBC bake off about 6 years ago

Its ruining my weekend 

I’d have thought it would be a piece of cake to get the latest episodes

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The streams for bake off that I can aquire are all biscuit week from BBC bake off about 6 years ago

Its ruining my weekend 

Nice. 

• Like 1

Anyway, back to my electrician issue. Spoke to a guy on facebook yesterday via messenger (yes I know). Seemed alright, gave me a quote of £200 to relocate my consumer unit (see previous pages). Thought that was a little cheap, so spoke to him today and asked how he would extend the wiring (just making sure he was genuine) and he went all funny, saying I was going to do it myself and he won't give me that information. So I replied saying I just need to know your genuine and know what your about. He then replied, "I don't like your attitude mate and suggest you take your business elsewhere, I don't need the money you know". I replied with "then why are you advertising on facebook rather than being fully booked like everyone else". He then replied with "If you think I'm some weirdo who is not really an electrcian so be it, I will be one of those facebook weirdos, have a good Saturday".

Strange very strange, realise why I don't use facebook.

9 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Anyway, back to my electrician issue. Spoke to a guy on facebook yesterday via messenger (yes I know). Seemed alright, gave me a quote of £200 to relocate my consumer unit (see previous pages). Thought that was a little cheap, so spoke to him today and asked how he would extend the wiring (just making sure he was genuine) and he went all funny, saying I was going to do it myself and he won't give me that information. So I replied saying I just need to know your genuine and know what your about. He then replied, "I don't like your attitude mate and suggest you take your business elsewhere, I don't need the money you know". I replied with "then why are you advertising on facebook rather than being fully booked like everyone else". He then replied with "If you think I'm some weirdo who is not really an electrcian so be it, I will be one of those facebook weirdos, have a good Saturday".

Strange very strange, realise why I don't use facebook.

I had a similar response from an electrician a few years ago when also looking for work to be done on a consumer unit. I asked for confirmation of his insurance docs and he said that of course he had insurance, didn't need to prove it to me, that he didn't need the work and stormed out. 

On 30/09/2021 at 14:00, mjmooney said:

You know how you have strong opinions about hats? 

Well as far as I'm concerned, grown men wearing shorts at any time except when on holiday should be a capital offence. 

You’d have loved @rjw63’s son, who wore shorts to every Villa game, no matter the weather. Fairly ballsy you ask me. 

• Like 1

Why can't men wear shorts? I'd rather wear shorts and a jumper this time of year than jeans and a tshirt

Wear shorts around the house all year round

don't own jogging bottoms and the majority of my trousers are slim fit at best super skinny at worst, it goes above 15° and the shorts are out 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SuperTed said:

You’d have loved @rjw63’s son, who wore shorts to every Villa game, no matter the weather. Fairly ballsy you ask me. 

They were very short shorts then? 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I had a similar response from an electrician a few years ago when also looking for work to be done on a consumer unit. I asked for confirmation of his insurance docs and he said that of course he had insurance, didn't need to prove it to me, that he didn't need the work and stormed out. 

It gets stranger. I woke up this morning to a message from him saying "hope this helps", with a link to a mental health website. Great way to market his work.😆

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Haha 4

Â