6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Did he follow it up with 

"B-I-G P-O-P-P-A, no info for the DEA
Federal agents mad 'cause I'm flagrant
Tap my cell and the phone in the basement
My team supreme, stay clean
Triple beam lyrical dream, I be that"

I'd respect him if he did! 

Based on the previous conversation I was hoping for “there’s gonna be a lot of slow singing, and flower bringing, if my smoke alarm starts ringing”

Edited by a m ole
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

What the **** hourly rate are these guys on!!!!!

Whatever they want now the shoddy eastern Europeans aren't here undercutting them all the time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

You're lucky he turned up at all, in my experience.

He didn't, quoted over the phone with a picture, which makes it even more of a piss take. He charges £25 plus VAT to check each circuit which is the £375 plus vat before he has even started??

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

£936 + VAT to extend the wiring and move an electrical consumer unit 300mm down, so we can have our garage door fitted. Ohh, includes £360 to check it's all okay to work on first. Days work he said. What the **** hourly rate are these guys on!!!!!

Why on earth have you paid that???? Don’t encourage them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Why on earth have you paid that???? Don’t encourage them.

Haven't paid it, just about held in the laugh. £60 for a new consumer unit, which have been told since, should only be a recommendation, the rest must be labour. Days work he said, nice hourly rate I thought.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Haven't paid it, just about held in the laugh. £60 for a new consumer unit, which have been told since, should only be a recommendation, the rest must be labour. Days work he said, nice hourly rate I thought.

Thank goodness!

The guy who fitted my bathroom last Xmas (before the mental price increases) told me he made £67k up to December.

He was the cheapest option by far as well.

It's good work to be in atm.

A chippy mate of mine is charging £200 per fire door install, and he's won a contract to do thousands of them up in Merseyside.  He works alone and said he was told the next price given to the council was £250 per door.

He's a happy lad at the moment too.  He can get about 7 fire doors done a day and works most weekends now :lol: 

I’ve got a guy fitting a plug socket in a wall for me next week. It’s a bit of a faff as there’s no local, suitable power to T off. £100 including the bits I thought was fairly reasonable. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ve got a guy fitting a plug socket in a wall for me next week. It’s a bit of a faff as there’s no local, suitable power to T off. £100 including the bits I thought was fairly reasonable. 

That's good. I had to pay £125 quid years ago, and do half the work myself, for something similar - the money was for the lecky to sign a bit of paper to say what I'd done was safe, he basically did now't other than have a quick look at it (though to be fair the new socket ran just from a socket under the sink to the top of some cupboards, for an extractor fan, so that bit was easy enough).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

A chippy mate of mine is charging £200 per fire door install, and he's won a contract to do thousands of them up in Merseyside.  He works alone and said he was told the next price given to the council was £250 per door.

He's a happy lad at the moment too.  He can get about 7 fire doors done a day and works most weekends now :lol: 

He can't work overseas but it goes to show, as one door closes another one opens. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, trekka said:

I guess it all hinges on how he approaches it. 

Stop it right now.  If a daft punathon develops the mods will just lock the thread. 

• Haha 2

Â