Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

We've just turned on the speech-to-text transcribing in MS teams, because everyone asks to record meetings instead of just writing things, so we have to all feel uncomfortable about being recorded even though there's a 99.99% (repeating of course) that nobody is ever going to watch them again

Anyway, I've been told in no uncertain terms that using increasingly weird phrases in an attempt to break the transcription is not a game that will be tolerated in meetings. The subtext of which is I need to sneak weird comments into calls without anyone noticing.

Challenge accepted. 

That reminded me of something I was thinking the other day, many people consider the c-word to be the most offensive we have in English. However, it gets said a lot more often than people realise as a lazy version of “couldn’t”.

He couldn’t make it till 6

I challenge to get the speech-to-text to pick up a c-bomb without anyone realising.

• Haha 3

I've said it on here before, but why do the batteries on smoke alarms start to fail in the middle of the night. 2am this morning - the piercing intermittent beep. You can't leave it. Out come the stepladders and screwdriver. 

i'm not exaggerating but i've a 100% record on batteries going in the middle of the night. 2 at my old place, 2 at my current place. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

I've said it on here before, but why do the batteries on smoke alarms start to fail in the middle of the night. 2am this morning - the piercing intermittent beep. You can't leave it. Out come the stepladders and screwdriver. 

i'm not exaggerating but i've a 100% record on batteries going in the middle of the night. 2 at my old place, 2 at my current place. 

I know this. When it's cooler in the night, batteries are at their weakest. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

That is a fact.  I've often wondered if they've been going all evening but you've just not noticed with noise and life in the house, but I know that's not the case and the mother  **** have just started going off at 3am.

• Like 1

When we moved into our house it had previously been owned by a very old couple. They had had one of those 10 year smoke alarms fitted. 

Started going off in the middle of the night.  No pause button, no way to open it, a completely sealed unit. 

It was screeching and screeching proper ear splitting, on and on. 

I couldn't find any way to remove it from the ceiling.  Ended up having to physically rip it off the ceiling bringing down masses of plaster as the rawl plugs ripped out of the ceiling.  Still could find no way of opening it so had to take it into the garage and smash the shit out of it with a hammer until the bastard thing finally died. 

Yeah, I was getting back to sleep after that, what a ludicrous bit of technology. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

When we moved into our house it had previously been owned by a very old couple. They had had one of those 10 year smoke alarms fitted. 

Started going off in the middle of the night.  No pause button, no way to open it, a completely sealed unit. 

It was screeching and screeching proper ear splitting, on and on. 

I couldn't find any way to remove it from the ceiling.  Ended up having to physically rip it off the ceiling bringing down masses of plaster as the rawl plugs ripped out of the ceiling.  Still could find no way of opening it so had to take it into the garage and smash the shit out of it with a hammer until the bastard thing finally died. 

Yeah, I was getting back to sleep after that, what a ludicrous bit of technology. 

Been there, just before going on holiday. I put it in a half full bag of Patio sand out the back which completely deadened the sound, came back from holiday and the next day remembered about the smoke alarm. Took it out of the sand and the f***er was still beeping away and the samd was even very wet. The bloody thing would still beep away in the middle of the Mariana Trench if I hadnt taken a sledge hammer to it

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, BOF said:

Had to rush in here to tell you all.

I just got off a conference call where the person signed off with "As Biggie Smalls would say, 'Mo money, mo problems'"

kid-vomit.gif

I hope the manager of the call said "ahh yes, about that... could you stay on for a few minutes with me?"

Just to put the shits up him. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I hope the manager of the call said "ahh yes, about that... could you stay on for a few minutes with me?"

Just to put the shits up him. 

I've reported him to HR.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mrs Sidcow has this bad cold which is going round with accompanying hot sweats so is sitting thee with the patio door slightly open.  I have my heavy duty long sleeve check shirt on 😠 

Edited by sidcow

Â