Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

This absolute tat.

I'd rather get cancer for my birthday over a message from a dead eyed celeb.

English former footballer who played as a striker for Liverpool, Real Madrid, Newcastle United, Manchester United and Stoke City, as well as for the England national team. Order a personal, business or corporate video message! ⚽

Memmo.me

West Midlands Railway have changed one of their messages. It used to say, 'step onto the platform before removing heavy luggage and pushchairs'. Now it says 'step onto the platform before removing heavy luggage and pushchair'. I know it's not just something I heard because the dot matrix display in the carriage also doesn't have a final s.

WTF is this????? This isn't how English works! There's not just one pushchair, and pushchair is as countable noun. How did they even decide to change this? There must have been meeting where some dickhead said 'actually, it should be pushchair without an s'. **** hate that guy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

This absolute tat.

Memmo.me

Imagine, for £202 minus the website cut, Michael Owen sat at home with a notification that he has 24 hours to record a personalised message for someone almost certainly trying to take the piss out of him.

What the **** motivates him to do that?

There’s even some examples on the page, one of them looks like his just got dressed after having a wank in the hotel shower and recorded a happy 60th message.

Edited by a m ole

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

West Midlands Railway have changed one of their messages. It used to say, 'step onto the platform before removing heavy luggage and pushchairs'. Now it says 'step onto the platform before removing heavy luggage and pushchair'. I know it's not just something I heard because the dot matrix display in the carriage also doesn't have a final s.

WTF is this????? This isn't how English works! There's not just one pushchair, and pushchair is as countable noun. How did they even decide to change this? There must have been meeting where some dickhead said 'actually, it should be pushchair without an s'. **** hate that guy.

"Give it to me straight;  like a pear cider made from 100% pear". 

• Like 3

On 27/09/2021 at 05:32, Davkaus said:

Couldn't decide whether this is more appropriate in the things that cheer you up, for the video, or in here, for the actual experience of using one of these useless pieces of crap. 

Some of us are old enough to remember when they transitioned from paper straws to plastic.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

31188007231d76542a780ac20186b098.jpg

When I bought my house I went in the loft and found a little advertising sign for that. Brought a big smile to my face. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

This absolute tat.

Memmo.me

I've bought some of these, ironically.

We use them as prizes for our fantasy football league. So far we've had John Parkin, Marcus Bent and Frank Sinclair congratulating people. it's very funny hearing Frank's surprise as he reads out that you're his favourite footballer.

Marcus Bent was especially shit though. No wonder his was only £15

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To look at it from their perspective. It's money for old rope, charge a fee for essentially a minutes work that you can do quickly and easily. I considered getting a z list obscure metal musician to wish my wife a happy birthday, basically as she doesn't have a clue about any metal musician and doesn't like metal, it would have been hilarious trying to understand who the third guitarist in Ratt was. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

To look at it from their perspective. It's money for old rope, charge a fee for essentially a minutes work that you can do quickly and easily. I considered getting a z list obscure metal musician to wish my wife a happy birthday, basically as she doesn't have a clue about any metal musician and doesn't like metal, it would have been hilarious trying to understand who the third guitarist in Ratt was. 

Michael Owen needs an extra £100 every few weeks? It’s insane.

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Michael Owen needs an extra £100 every few weeks? It’s insane.

What little I know about Michael Owen he would take a stranger's trolley back if it meant he could keep the quid. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

What little I know about Michael Owen he would take a stranger's trolley back if it meant he could keep the quid. 

I've heard similar and he'd probably put a bet on that he could do it in under X seconds if you gave him decent odds.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

This absolute tat.

Memmo.me

Think Cameo was the original one of these , was quite surprised at some of the "names" on it when I looked at it during a moment of lockdown boredom  .. tbf some of the people looked like they were putting a fair bit of effort into it  

But why settle for a message , when you can have a private lesson with a celeb

Private Guitar Masterclass With Bruce Springsteen For One - £275, 000

A few months ago someone i know had a birthday message off of (recently deceased) Boycey from only fools and horses.

It was very good and he’d put a lot of effort into it.

I think in general they are great money spinners for the “celebs”. Keith from The Office mentioned he had made a lot of money from it and it got him through the pandemic. 

• Like 1

We recently got messages from Shaun Williamson and Dave Benson Phillips for a mate’s wedding. SW went the extra mile with a funny 3 minute long vid whereas DBP went for the bare minimum and ignored some of the info we’d sent in as ideas for things to talk about. 

• Like 1

Â