Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Absolutely. Especially women out running. Women runners get all sorts of abusive comments, regardless of their size. The overweight ones get it ten times worse, so it takes some guts to keep going. If I'm out for a run I always give them a nod, a smile and a thumbs up. 

tenor.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

People that ***** and moan about having to do something just because at that moment they are a little busy.

Then when they've calmed down, they realise they have loads of time, and it wasn't a big deal after all.

You can do two things. it's fine.

Wetwipes

I often do that at work, I fully realise that I can do two things....and that I have the time to do both things, the problem is that I don't want to do either of the things regardless of what they are or how long it takes to do them.

22 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

People who take football as a leisure activity (at any age) seriously. If someone’s crap then tough ****, at least they are there doing it and trying at least. A lot of frustrated ‘I was scouted once’ legends in their own minds playing and expecting everyone else to be at their level. Don’t even get me started on parents putting pressure on their kids or lamenting their lack of skill. It’s all seriously **** strange how serious people take a way to keep fit and have fun. 

On the opposite side. People who don't take it seriously enough.

Before our match I see lads having a kick about 5 or 6 a side so full teams and a proper game.

It's just goals. No defence. No one tackling. No tempo. No tracking back. Nobody talking. Or demanding anything.

What's the point?

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

People who take football as a leisure activity (at any age) seriously. If someone’s crap then tough ****, at least they are there doing it and trying at least. A lot of frustrated ‘I was scouted once’ legends in their own minds playing and expecting everyone else to be at their level. Don’t even get me started on parents putting pressure on their kids or lamenting their lack of skill. It’s all seriously **** strange how serious people take a way to keep fit and have fun. 

Mines a mixture, I play over 32s, there's some guys who are really good to be fair to them, there's older guys who just love football and don't want to stop and then guys who are there purely for fitness and are utter garbage 

Its the guys who are great at football that will ruin it, they'll dance around 5 players rather than just make a simple 5 yard pass, the shit players can be frustrating but the best players are infuriating, they don't actually play football

All that said none of them talk, no matter what their level no one talks or shouts apart from me... No doubt I come across as gobby and piss some of them off but to me it's mad, played vets football here for years and I would say it's the cornerstone of it all, no matter what your level just talk and listen, that can be misconstrued as taking it too serious but "man on" or "look left he's open" is really basic imo and you have to do it

If say it's a corner and 4 of my team mates are making 1 guy 3 yards out whilst the opposition have 3 unmarked players at the edge of the box (which is every corner) I'm gonna shout push out at them and then also get pissed when they ignore me and one of those guys score

On 22/09/2021 at 18:57, Ingram85 said:

Oh man, all about the seriousness for me :D  I love the competitiveness of sport, but there are just way too many dickheads at Powerleague to bother with entering a team anymore.

After realising this, we’ve been playing 5-a-side for maybe 8 years with the same bunch of 20 or so people in a ‘pool’. No-one gets into a fight or has a go at anyone for being shit, but the standard is good and the competitiveness is there. Everyone wants to win, without doubt.

If that element wasn’t there, the games would be nowhere near as fun to play in. 

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

On the opposite side. People who don't take it seriously enough.

Before our match I see lads having a kick about 5 or 6 a side so full teams and a proper game.

It's just goals. No defence. No one tackling. No tempo. No tracking back. Nobody talking. Or demanding anything.

What's the point?

Enjoyment, physical and mental well-being, fun?

Assuming those lads aren't trying to carve out a career in football, is there any harm in unstructured kick-abouts?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, brommy said:

Enjoyment, physical and mental well-being, fun?

Assuming those lads aren't trying to carve out a career in football, is there any harm in unstructured kick-abouts?

There's nothing fun about people jogging about not taking it seriously!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think the key thing is everyone involved having the same attitude. I don't play football, but I play badminton in a couple of different groups, one is a bit competitive, and the other is just a tame tap-around for exercise. Both are good fun, but if you introduce a try-hard into the casual game, or someone just having a laugh in to the competitive group, it ruins the games for everyone.

• Like 1

Driving back from Worcestershire today - every petrol station with massive queues! 

Why on earth did the Government tell people not to panic buy - they must know what the public will do! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Xela said:

Driving back from Worcestershire today - every petrol station with massive queues! 

Why on earth did the Government tell people not to panic buy - they must know what the public will do! 

Do NOT think of pink elephants.

33 minutes ago, Xela said:

Tbf the panic buying started before the government said not to.

The blame here lies with BP / Esso and  the usual shitrags

Individual Petrol Stations often run out of fuel, always have done

Methinks this is certain Petrol Companies putting pressure on the government re HGV drivers or something else

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Methinks this is certain Petrol Companies putting pressure on the government re HGV drivers or something else

That's not a bad shout.  Today is the first day they've started softening their stance on letting in overseas drivers.  One pressure point too many? People do get very jumpy about petrol.

giphy.gif

Edited by sidcow

Â