Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Obviously this meme is a joke, but there’s a lot of truth in it. 
Everyone falls into the same trap.

Its not because you love the second child any less, you just realise how much money you wasted on the first on things that just didn’t matter.

7214da6767788d20ef30fed838ed996b.jpg

Ha :) 

I remember walking around behind baby number 1 ready to catch him as he wobbled during early walking , watching Tv with one eye on them in case they toppled off the chair   

by baby 2 it was a case of , long as you catch them on the first bounce they will be OK 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

wait .. what  .. when did i miss this  .. well congratulations of course , you'll love it  , honestly you will 

but  ,one way to fund baby stuff would be to eat real sausages again for £2 a packet instead of eating crap tasting plant based sausages that they charge you £5 a packet for  .. you're welcome  :) 

I've already done the worst possible thing I could do for the environment and produced a new human being so I need to counter that with continuing my veggie-ness ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not a fan of people knocking on my door selling shit

A bloke just knocked on the door and mumbled something about being in the area and cleaning moss from driveways and was about to thrust a leaflet into my hand

"Stop! - can you see any f***ing moss on my drive?" (It was only laid last year and is regularly pressure washed- not even the remotest hint of moss)

*slams door*

Throbber

• VT Supporter

When my children were nursery age there was 16 hours of free childcare available per week. Not sure if that’s still a thing. Worth looking into, and then at nursery’s that accept it.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I know this isn't new news for people who care about kids, but for someone who has been very anti kids for their whole life so has never even considered these things, and is now having to prepare for having one (I'm excited, honest!)... JESUS **** CHRIST it's expensive!

We need a baby bouncer. One of them little chairs that bounce up and down a bit. Oh cool how much is that, 20 quid?

180 quid?! For WHAT?!

Childcare, £1200 a month? WHAT?! what the ****?! 

RIP my disposable income

Well I guess congratulations are in order :)  :thumb:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not talking about nursery, I'm talking about when the kid is like 1

Both of mine went to nursery after parental leave (Mum took 9 months, I took the remaining 3 both times) ended.

To be honest, it's the best option.  They're learning constantly at nursery - including the social side of interacting with other babies - and have dedicated support from key workers etc.  It's basically school from the age of 1.

On the whole expense thing, just to echo what everyone else has said.  I'd probably buy a brand new car seat (safety is important, eh?) and there may be other bits which you want to have brand new, but just get second hand everything.  There will be newborn clothing for sale/giveaway essentially everywhere.  With both my girls, we bought one sleepsuit for them to 'come home' in and basically every other item of clothing were hand-me-downs.  But then a lot may depend on what your situation is and how you see the following years panning out.  If you think you'll have more children (sounds like you won't :D) then it might be worth buying some new things now that you can reuse for child #2.

I know this isn't new news for people who care about kids, but for someone who has been very anti kids for their whole life so has never even considered these things, and is now having to prepare for having one (I'm excited, honest!)... JESUS **** CHRIST it's expensive!

We need a baby bouncer. One of them little chairs that bounce up and down a bit. Oh cool how much is that, 20 quid?

180 quid?! For WHAT?!

Childcare, £1200 a month? WHAT?! what the ****?! 

RIP my disposable income

TIP: Don't know it they still sell the ones that attach to the top of the doorframe but if they do, don't buy one or you'll need to factor in a plasterer to repair the wall eventually

Oh don't worry, I'm not proud at all. I'd happily do it on a budget.

Unfortunately, given the circumstances, I don't have much of a say these days :D 

As echoed by others, Facebook groups etc have most you need at a fraction of the price and you can usually get the same back what you paid by re selling when done. 

Mrs was pretty good at doing all that and your circumstances are different but buying everything new you'll spend a shed load on some things that could barely be used, if at all. Especially with a first child as there's the tendency to want to buy anything that you think will help their development when in actual fact some things really aren't all that and some the child won't show much interest in. 

• VT Supporter
2 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

in actual fact some things really aren't all that and some the child won't show much interest in. 

Rule 1:  Any toy that comes in a cardboard box will be immediately discarded in favour of playing with the box. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Rule 1:  Any toy that comes in a cardboard box will be immediately discarded in favour of playing with the box. 

You are talking about a cat here,not a child.

21 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

not aimed at you particularly ( well actually it is you rude so and so :P )  I never get this attitude 

Why not just so , No thank you I'm not interested  , he still doesn't get a sale but moves on to the next door in a happier place  , you don't buy anything but don't have to vent on a football forum  ..everyone's a winner  

We don't get that many cold callers  knocking on our door , but I usually decline have a little chat with them , ask how things have been generally , wish them good luck  and then give them an address of a bloke up Liverpool way who I know would be interested in their product 

Have you never seen any of Bicks' posts? He's rude to his own customers let alone cold callers :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wasn’t quite sure where to post this but I really didn’t like the start/new series of a Question of Sport. Only one episode in mind, but….

New host (Paddy McGuinness) just failed to bring any charisma and charm to the role. A little annoying actually.

New captains Sam Quek and Ugo Monye again failed to show any personality and really lacked humour.

Perhaps needs time but I think this could be the start of the end of the show or they may require a drastic rethink. 

• VT Supporter
Just now, ferguson1 said:

Wasn’t quite sure where to post this but I really didn’t like the start/new series of a Question of Sport. Only one episode in mind, but….

New host (Paddy McGuinness) just failed to bring any charisma and charm to the role. A little annoying actually.

New captains Sam Quek and Ugo Monye again failed to show any personality and really lacked humour.

Perhaps needs time but I think this could be the start of the end of the show or they may require a drastic rethink. 

I saw a review of it somewhere online and it agreed with you as being really poor. They said it was a failed attempt at a competing comedy sports show like A League of Their Own. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I think it needs time.

That's not to say it's going to be a success. I just think they lacked any sort of chemistry between the captains, and that can only really be achieved with time.

It bothers me that they've gone with Paddy McGuinness though. The host for that show shouldn't be deliberately funny and make jokes and stuff. They're the host and they should just bounce off the captains. Plus it annoys me that they didn't go with an ex sportsperson

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

How does he keep getting work? And such high profile work. Is the North of England so loyal that they'll watch shit like him just because he's from there? Or do the English actually like him?

He's **** terrible, and I got about 5 minutes into 1 episode of QoS before giving up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

not aimed at you particularly ( well actually it is you rude so and so :P )  I never get this attitude 

Why not just so , No thank you I'm not interested  , he still doesn't get a sale but moves on to the next door in a happier place  , you don't buy anything but don't have to vent on a football forum  ..everyone's a winner  

We don't get that many cold callers  knocking on our door , but I usually decline have a little chat with them , ask how things have been generally , wish them good luck  and then give them an address of a bloke up Liverpool way who I know would be interested in their product 

It told him I wasn't interested and also pointed out the reason why I wasn't interested, he learned more my way. I was considering that he might actually go and annoy just my neighbours that actually have moss on their drive

My toast was not in optimum condition when I returned to it.

You think this was rude, you should see my fourth email to a Probationer Constable this week asking him to get to the f***ing point

Just now, bickster said:

You think this was rude, you should see my fourth email to a Probationer Constable this week asking him to get to the f***ing point

Don't tempt me with something I'll never see.

Jeez I've said that before.

• Haha 1

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â