Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

God, I had completely forgotten about Naff clothing. 

I think this was my favourite coat for 5th year

image.png.55bcf190f8f6c82ee6fffac9763969d9.png

Patrick did a version of that, quite popular early 80's down the match 

eBay watch: Unworn 1980s Patrick cagoule in blue - His Knibs

Edited by Follyfoot

29 minutes ago, blandy said:

As soon as I got my blazer I was left alone - there's definitely an element of kids picking on "different" and school uniforms removes one reason for bullying, as people have said, but it can't stop bullying obviously.

Now, if you don't lick the bin, I'll give you a chinese burn.

We used to get wraps I think they called it, pack of cards on the knuckles, really hurt but all the new kids got it regardless, something of a right of passage. Bloody killed. 

Made me laugh when a friends daughter was called into the year head last term for bullying, him and his Mrs were shocked as a really quiet nice girl. Her crime, along with a few others was calling a girl with the surname Pickles, Pickled onion 

Edited by Follyfoot

1 hour ago, blandy said:

My first day at big school I got bullied because I didn't have a blazer (they weren't compulsory, just the dark trousers and white shirt and grey jumper were. So I had a jumper and every other kid, with no exceptions had a blazer. I soon got a blazer when I said what had happened. I don't think my parents were happy at forking out the extra 20 quid or whatever it cost at the time.

So the uniform was not uniform.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Peters are words removed I am told. 

Not only that, they are always picking pecks of pickled pepper as well.  Deviant behavior if ever I heard of it.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Not only that, they are always picking pecks of pickled pepper as well.  Deviant behavior if ever I heard of it.

It's the pumpkin eating that I find the hardest.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

We used to get wraps I think they called it, pack of cards on the knuckles, really hurt but all the new kids got it regardless, something of a right of passage. Bloody killed. 

Made me laugh when a friends daughter was called into the year head last term for bullying, him and his Mrs were shocked as a really quiet nice girl. Her crime, along with a few others was calling a girl with the surname Pickles, Pickled onion 

Should have just called her Eric if they really wanted to insult her

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Patrick did a version of that, quite popular early 80's down the match 

eBay watch: Unworn 1980s Patrick cagoule in blue - His Knibs

This. I found a tenner walking along Bristol road back in to town, from a day at Matthew boulton college and went straight to Harry Parkes and bought this bad boy ! I bought the navy waterproof bottoms too and I felt I was the bollox !

it all cost more than a tenner but it was 1983 so £10 went a long way to paying for it

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

This. I found a tenner walking along Bristol road back in to town, from a day at Matthew boulton college and went straight to Harry Parkes and bought this bad boy ! I bought the navy waterproof bottoms too and I felt I was the bollox !

it all cost more than a tenner but it was 1983 so £10 went a long way to paying for it

I think the top was £15.99 or thereabouts, a princely sum in those days. I always remember the game at the Sty in about 1983 when some Villa got in the Kop and also the match got held up for 10 minutes because of coins raining down from the Tilton (Peter Withe pretended to pocket some of the money) Slap bang in the middle sitting on a barrier was someone wearing that exact top, could see him for miles 🤣

• Haha 1

Patrick was a “different” brand at the time to the usual Umbro, puma and Adidas so that’s why I went for it. Their soccer boots too were unusual with the two stripes at the side of the heel - think Kevin Keegan wore them at the time.

Your memory at the sty reminded me of a ground staff kid who used to replace turf divots at half time down the villa. He wore one of those Patrick jackets and had a ginger wedge haircut which bobbed forward as he stood over a difficult bit of pitch as he stamped it back down.

The things you remember eh ? But even back in 1983 I knew I wasn’t allowed to spend that £10 drinking in town. Mate 🙂

Edited by mottaloo
  • Haha 1

From Resident Advisor's best music of August: https://ra.co/features/3906

• 'Tzusing's label comes correct with a gut-punching EP that sounds like nu-metal mixed with latter-day PAN records.'
  • 'New Orleans DJ Bouffant Bouffant comes correct with a mix of melodic, atmospheric and often vintage house with just a microdose's worth of psychedelic glow.'

I can't explain why this 'comes correct' thing irritates me so much, but it does. What does this even mean? Does it just mean 'it's good'?

• Like 1

My absolute favourite radio programme/podcast, which has been a constant companion my entire adult life running on Norwegian state radio since about 2006, has been bought by a commercial publisher and moved to a subscription based platform. 

I don’t mind paying for quality content and the guys making it deserve the payday, but they don’t belong on a commercial platform. 

4 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

People on ebay who sell stuff on a "Buy It Now" with an added "make an offer".

If you're not going to accept reasonable offers why **** ask me to make a **** offer?

Example: record is for sale on Buy It Now for £13, or make an offer.

I offer £10. Auto-rejected.

I offer £11. Auto-rejected.

what the **** WILL they accept, twelve pounds and 99 pence?

Absolute spunktrumpets.

Yes 100000000000000% back this sentiment. Why the hell they even have that as an option? Ridiculous. I hate the ones as well who have it where an offer emailed to them and they have a certain time to get back to you...but never **** do. Assholes.

I also hate on Ebay where I can be winning an auction for literally 5 straight days as the only bidder and lo and behold someone comes in with just seconds to spare to snipe it away. Grinds my gears something fierce. Dickbags*

*If you tend to do this pal no offense meant I promise lol😄

Edited by Big Salad
  • Like 2

Talking about Ebay, we bought a solid wood dining table, I paid good money for it, got there and they say "Is there 2 of you, even though they could quite easily help, also being that I've just give them a couple of hundred quid, a little help to load it wouldn't go a miss!!!!

Hate Ebay anyway, for the amount of volume on there,  the fees are criminal.

Â