Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

20 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I was in town and I saw a kid with a Burnley shirt on with Ben Mee's name on the back 😠 I could've jaw volleyed the little bastard.

No need to volley his jaw that’s a bit uncalled for, just put in a proper man’s challenge through the kid’s knees. These things happen.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

My first working day in 3.5 weeks tomorrow. New job, new company, new people, and lots to learn. But I've been really enjoying my last few weeks of freedom. I don't quite have the Monday dread of going in to the shitshow at my last company, but it isn't far off. :( 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

My first working day in 3.5 weeks tomorrow. New job, new company, new people, and lots to learn. But I've been really enjoying my last few weeks of freedom. I don't quite have the Monday dread of going in to the shitshow at my last company, but it isn't far off. :( 

Good luck Davkaus! What’s the new role?

People who say they are social media 'influencers' and the people who live and die by what these people say.

Only thing they influence to me to do is to punch a **** wall in disgust.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I get the Sunday night blues every week. Not huge ones, work is ok at the end of the day, its just being on the work hamster wheel. Plus back in the office one day next week as well. 

Least it's only a 4 day week. 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

The massively overpriced school PE kit we had to buy for my son starting high school starting to fall apart after 2 washes.

Hard to think of a bigger con than school uniforms/school sports equipment.

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Genie said:

The massively overpriced school PE kit we had to buy for my son starting high school starting to fall apart after 2 washes.

i'd be taking that straight back to the shop and demanding a replacement kit. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

i'd be taking that straight back to the shop and demanding a replacement kit. 

Just emailed them… the place that is nominated exclusive supplier of these clothes is based in Cheshire. 
Clothes you have to buy, and you have to buy them from the 1 place they tell you too… and they are shit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Just emailed them… the place that is nominated exclusive supplier of these clothes is based in Cheshire. 
Clothes you have to buy, and you have to buy them from the 1 place they tell you too… and they are shit.

I'm surprised that sort of scam is still operating. It was a big thing when I started grammar school in 1965, god knows how my parents afforded it. But when our kids were at school in the 90s, uniforms were way cheaper, and available from multiple stores. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Good luck Davkaus! What’s the new role?

I am a Head of Software Quality. You know when you have a button, on a website? Someone has to make sure the button works. I used to do that, but now I'm in charge of the people who make sure it works :P 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'm surprised that sort of scam is still operating. It was a big thing when I started grammar school in 1965, god knows how my parents afforded it. But when our kids were at school in the 90s, uniforms were way cheaper, and available from multiple stores. 

I know, it needs to be investigated. Dodgy as hell. 
When I was at school in the 90’s you didn’t need school branded clothes apart from the tie. 
Now the blazer, tie, pe shorts, trackies, t-shirt, jumper, jacket all need to be branded and from 1 supplier.

They also have PE several times a week, and on those days they wear their PE kit all day so 1 set isn’t enough.

Edited by Genie

They are actually banning (well moderating) school uniform supplies now.  Unfortunately the new rules didn't come into play for the start of thiw term.   Schools now have to out affordability front and center of their uniform policy.  I assume this means tie ins (and no doubt backhanders) from single overpriced suppliers will be banned. 

Originally we were told my daughter could wear and dark suit combo she wanted for 6th form but last minute they changed it back to the usual supplier as the rules were delayed. 

Interestingly Mrs Sidcow was intending to go to that company anyway as she felt that the quality was much higher than cheaper supermarket stuff anyway, lasted longer and washed better, but it sounds like we were just lucky in that regard. 

Anyway from next term there should be big changes though no doubt loopholes will be found all over the shop. 

• Like 1

Why do kids have to wear school uniforms at all? Why can't they just wear their normal clothes, a thing that happens in just tons of other countries without the sky caving in?

Every time this question gets asked, the most common answer seems to be 'so kids don't get bullied about their clothes', which 1) seems very much like tackling the symptom not the disease, and 2) surely creative bullies can just pick on kids' haircuts or shoes or pencil cases or mobile phones or parents' car or acne or like a million other things if they want to bully someone.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Why do kids have to wear school uniforms at all? Why can't they just wear their normal clothes, a thing that happens in just tons of other countries without the sky caving in?

Every time this question gets asked, the most common answer seems to be 'so kids don't get bullied about their clothes', which 1) seems very much like tackling the symptom not the disease, and 2) surely creative bullies can just pick on kids' haircuts or shoes or pencil cases or mobile phones or parents' car or acne or like a million other things if they want to bully someone.

You do realise it’s bullying about the disparity in wealth rather than just “clothes”?

Uniforms make complete sense to me. It doesn’t matter your background, you’re all wearing the same thing. 

• Like 4

Â