Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

45 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

When selling my last house, I used to go all MTV cribs when showing the ladies my bedroom by proclaiming “…and this is where the magic happens !” 

Took me 15 months to sell it…. and only then to a bloke with a chihuahua called Sebastian 🤨

Joey Tribbiani.  Is that you? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

It looks like my first payrise in 3 years is going to be eroded by the proposed 1-1.25% increase in national insurance (that the government said wouldn’t be happening).

It's about time the young and poor made some more sacrifices for the old and rich.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Genie said:

It looks like my first payrise in 3 years is going to be eroded by the proposed 1-1.25% increase in national insurance (that the government said wouldn’t be happening).

Can't have been much of a payrise

34 minutes ago, bickster said:

Can't have been much of a payrise

It was 2% (plus a one off £1k). Not great, but tbf theres quite a lot of headwinds for the business so it’s reasonable.

After tax it’s gonna put me very close to = if/when the NI increase comes in. 

Edited by Genie

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

It was 2% (plus a one off £1k). Not great, but tbf theres quite a lot of headwinds for the business so it’s reasonable.

After tax it’s gonna put me very close to = if/when the NI increase comes in. 

You'll probably see half of the rise then. Not much but it won't wipe it out completely.

I haven't had a payrise in three years and I very much doubt I'll be getting one any time soon

I'd give a company one off year of bad financial results to not give out at least cost of living payrises, but a second year of that, and I'd be right the hell out of there. My bills go up every year, I'm not getting poorer every year when there are companies that will give me payrises.

35 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'd give a company one off year of bad financial results to not give out at least cost of living payrises, but a second year of that, and I'd be right the hell out of there. My bills go up every year, I'm not getting poorer every year when there are companies that will give me payrises.

I think over the past couple of years the savings from working from home have more than covered the increases in cost of living so overall I’m up I think.

I still got my annual bonus each year (3 grand) so it’s not all bad.

I think when this year is over and the chip shortages are resolved there will be a clamour for a substantial rise during 2022.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It's about time the young and poor made some more sacrifices for the old and rich.

Amuses me that there were some 'serious' journalists talking as if the Tories might actually fund some of this with some sort of wealth tax.

To be fair the Coronavirus has turned the world on its head.. The NHS is going to face costs that were never envisioned at the start of the current term.  It would be irresponsible to stick to your guns in my opinion. 

We've got to start paying for it now as my generation paid for a war which finished years before we were born. 

I know it shouldn’t as it’s more inclusive and caters to a wider audience but it pisses me off that 99% of meat flavoured crisps don’t actually contain meat products and don’t really taste of meat anymore.

Bought some Tyrells Smokey BBQ crisps, suitable for vegetarians. M&S Maple cured Bacon, suitable for vegetarians. Grrrr! Companies need to know that smoked paprika isn’t a valid substitute for the flavour of actual meat. They were still nice but I felt deceived 😁

Edited by Ingram85

32 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Bought some Tyrells Smokey BBQ crisps, suitable for vegetarians. M&S Maple cured Bacon, suitable for vegetarians. Grrrr! Companies need to know that smoked paprika isn’t a valid substitute for the flavour of actual meat. They were still nice but I felt deceived 😁

Which meat is "Smokey BBQ" supposed to taste like?

10 minutes ago, limpid said:

Which meat is "Smokey BBQ" supposed to taste like?

What do you envisage when the flavour is described as Smokey bbq? It’s not bbq sauce, that would be different. This is called ‘English smoky barbecue’.

Â