Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

It took them a while but they're really starting to cash in now.  It's completely ruining the format. 

Nope.

It was waaaaaaay bigger before. YouTube stars were making absolute millions from ad renevue. Then Pewdiepie (the biggest one) got demonitised for making an incredibly stupid joke and advertisers got scared and the money stopped. I'm not sure if it's back to how it was (I really doubt it) or still at a lower level. Or whether the ads are insane on kid friendly, won't be demonitised content, and lower on other bits.

Google it, the slangy name is 'The Adpocalypse'.

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

Constantly running out of 'reactions' on here. Never happened for years, now it's a daily occurrence. I don't think i'm being more liberal with them either, or at least I don't think I am 🤔

Same here, annoying every time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

***** adverts on you tube. You wanna watch or show someone something quickly on there, an you have to watch 2 bloody adverts first then a second one you can skip half way through!!

Not just YouTube, it’s bloody everywhere. If I want to watch a 15 second video on the sky sports app I have to sit through 30+ seconds of adverts first, Instagram too now (though you can skip after 5 seconds, for now).

Advertisement and marketing has just gotten out of hand, it’s everywhere and everything is seen as a commodity to exploit, I’m sick of it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I thought YT Kids didn't have ads? It certainly doesn't for Peppa Pig or Hey Duggee (although it does chop the episodes up into random slices). 

As much as I'm aware they don't. 

8 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Advertisement and marketing has just gotten out of hand, it’s everywhere and everything is seen as a commodity to exploit, I’m sick of it.

Absolutely, it needs controlling online.

On TV there are strict rules about ratio of advert time to show time. Online it’s completely screwed, as you say, and add can be twice the length of a video.

YouTube making absolutely billions from it too so they are clearly taking the piss more than they need to be.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Absolutely, it needs controlling online.

On TV there are strict rules about ratio of advert time to show time. Online it’s completely screwed, as you say, and add can be twice the length of a video.

YouTube making absolutely billions from it too so they are clearly taking the piss more than they need to be.

I'm not sue it does need controlling, control it yourself and stop watching.

Online adverts pays for stuff you aren't going to pay to access, you won't pay because, well that stuff rerally isn't that important to you, so become the regulator yourself, if advertising gets too much don't use the service. If you can't live without the service, pay for it.

I say this as someone who hates advertising, I really rarely see it (apart from YT) as I either use paid for services or don't bother.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Online adverts pays for stuff you aren't going to pay to access, you won't pay because, well that stuff rerally isn't that important to you, so become the regulator yourself, if advertising gets too much don't use the service. If you can't live without the service, pay for it.

I say this as someone who hates advertising, I really rarely see it (apart from YT) as I either use paid for services or don't bother.

I do tend to not bother watching as much stuff online cos the ads piss me off. I have more sympathy for smaller online businesses who need the level of ad revenue to survive. Less for YouTube who are drowning in money but still keep pushing more and more ads onto people (because they can).

It’s funny that of all the things the children complain about the ads on YouTube isn’t one of them, because they don’t know any different. 

11 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

For watching Youtube on an Andriod phone, use the Youtube Vanced player. No ads, can play in the background and can still play with the screen turned off.

https://vancedapp.com/

No likes yet, but just installed and started 3 videos and no adds, brilliant.

Will give it a good test later, ill update here, thanks Stu.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Screenshot_2021-08-16-09-09-02-64_3d73e98b1ad3bd2575f7a56513d89a0c.jpg

Had that too its fine, just follow along and you will be happy. It actually installed a separate app, so no need to go on to the existing app after. I did go back on and the adds were there, then jumped onto the van vanced on and the difference is tip top.

• Like 1

Not a big McDonalds lover so haven't been there for a while, but my 6 year old wanted it yesterday so popped in to a local one. Well it's turned out to be a awful experience. Drive through was closed (I think due to the amount of deliveries)  so I had to go inside. They still have the screens up, 2 metres from the counter, like we have the plague or something, an the amount of deliveroo, just eat etc drivers in there waiting was ridiculous, hardly anywhere to sit. Must have took, 20 minutes to get a cheese burger happy meal due to them prioritising the deliver drivers. Fast food, your having a laugh!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I'm not without sympathy for this point of view, but I think the flipside is if YouTube is going to replace television - and it pretty much already has for zoomers - then it can't be surprised if it attracts demands for regulation like a TV station would face . . . and TV stations have very tightly-policed regulations on the amount of adverts they can show and what the content of those adverts is.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not a big McDonalds lover so haven't been there for a while, but my 6 year old wanted it yesterday so popped in to a local one. Well it's turned out to be a awful experience. Drive through was closed (I think due to the amount of deliveries)  so I had to go inside. They still have the screens up, 2 metres from the counter, like we have the plague or something, an the amount of deliveroo, just eat etc drivers in there waiting was ridiculous, hardly anywhere to sit. Must have took, 20 minutes to get a cheese burger happy meal due to them prioritising the deliver drivers. Fast food, your having a laugh!!!

McDonald’s has turned into a nightmare with JustEat/Mcdelivery/UberEats. 
They just can’t cope with all of that plus the restaurant and the drive through.

It seems like the app and delivery orders get priority. I wonder if local councils will start clamping down on them. Near me it’s traffic chaos at peak times. 

• Like 1

When you’re reading reviews of a hotel or resort and someone’s starts with “ignore the bad reviews”…

errr, sorry love I don’t think you understand how this review business works. Not everybody has the exact same experience otherwise they’d just ask for a single review….

Â