Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Never read too much into first game of the season . Disappointed with result and more so performance but there’s bigger things going on that take up my energy these days . 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

***** adverts on you tube. You wanna watch or show someone something quickly on there, an you have to watch 2 bloody adverts first then a second one you can skip half way through!!

Yes, but at least you can download a free audiobook with your thirty day trial. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

***** adverts on you tube. You wanna watch or show someone something quickly on there, an you have to watch 2 bloody adverts first then a second one you can skip half way through!!

That's why like watching it best on my laptop as I have an add blocker on there and it works a treat, improves the experience no end. 

I went down a rabbit hole one day hooked on Buddy Rich drum solos and imagine being at the best bit and a frikin add pops up grrrrr, that's why I got the addblocker as it goes, brill.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

That's why like watching it best on my laptop as I have an add blocker on there and it works a treat, improves the experience no end. 

I went down a rabbit hole one day hooked on Buddy Rich drum solos and imagine being at the best bit and a frikin add pops up grrrrr, that's why I got the addblocker as it goes, brill.

Didn't know a adblocker works on You tube adverts?

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

On the Scrabble app I use there is always a small strip of an advert across the top of the screen. This hasn't bothered me in the slightest until a recent unwelcome development, whereby they've added sound. Sudden unexpected blast of loud bollox just when I'm least expecting it. 

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I went down a rabbit hole one day hooked on Buddy Rich drum solos 

Christ, I like jazz, but I think I'd rather listen to adverts. Drum solos should be banned under the Geneva Convention. 

• Haha 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

Christ, I like jazz, but I think I'd rather listen to adverts. Drum solos should be banned under the Geneva Convention. 

It ain't my thing at all really, I always knew how good he was(and a tyrant) but interest peaked for a few hours after watching the excellent Whiplash when it was released.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

They're getting much worse than before. YouTube on my tablet is unwatchable now. 

On my laptop, I have an ad blocker just for YouTube. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

It took them a while but they're really starting to cash in now.  It's completely ruining the format. 

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It took them a while but they're really starting to cash in now.  It's completely ruining the format. 

Your bang on here mate. Used to be none, then a little one you could skip after 3 seconds, now they expect you to watch a full one and skip through half of the next one. 

My lad uses You Tube kids and even that has adverts half way through an episode of Ryan's world or something. As if he is part of the commercial audience who want's to buy a sofa or fibre broadband, really is getting out of hand.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Your bang on here mate. Used to be none, then a little one you could skip after 3 seconds, now they expect you to watch a full one and skip through half of the next one. 

My lad uses You Tube kids and even that has adverts half way through an episode of Ryan's world or something. As if he is part of the commercial audience who want's to buy a sofa or fibre broadband, really is getting out of hand.

I use an add blocker as mentioned earlier but some of the channels I sub to build an add into their video, grrrrr. 

I think we'll start seeing them on the streaming giants like Netflix in time or even on TV, even though there too many commercial breaks now already. I think we will see pop up adds in time too.

Every business in the world tries to been every penny out of it these days, the world will commercially implode one day.

Edited by Phil Silvers

39 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

My lad uses You Tube kids and even that has adverts half way through an episode of Ryan's world or something.

I thought YT Kids didn't have ads? It certainly doesn't for Peppa Pig or Hey Duggee (although it does chop the episodes up into random slices). 

47 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

They're just pushing you to pay for the Premium account. 

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

This really infuriates me. Can pay for premium to remove them which is like £8 a month the cheeky ****. 

I think some of the content creators can set how often ads are played, some of them put them on literally every couple of minutes on a 20 min video. Literally makes me want to punch the screen in. Ironically, normal adverts on TV doesn’t quite succumb me to that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MCU said:

This really infuriates me. Can pay for premium to remove them which is like £8 a month the cheeky ****. 

I think some of the content creators can set how often ads are played, some of them put them on literally every couple of minutes on a 20 min video. Literally makes me want to punch the screen in. Ironically, normal adverts on TV doesn’t quite succumb me to that. 

One advert at the beginning - 10 seconds. Fine. I can live with that. Like you say, a 20 min video with 6 adverts in, they can GTFO.

Constantly running out of 'reactions' on here. Never happened for years, now it's a daily occurrence. I don't think i'm being more liberal with them either, or at least I don't think I am 🤔

• Like 1

I watch more videos on Facebook than YouTube.

Pisses me off how many should be 20-30 seconds but are dragged out to 3m 1sec for the ad revenue. Completely shameless how they drag it out then cut. 

Edited by Genie

Â